What will the crowd be this week?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
brad
Top Up Player

What will the crowd be this week?

Post by brad »

At the start of the week the MCC were estimating 55K with general admission being on the ground level of the Ponsford Stand.

Now they've changed their tune estimating 62K with only the top deck available for general admission.

This is exactly what happened with the Round 3 Carlton game.

Is it likely to attract 70K?

With Carlton and Collingwood playing interstate the neutrals who want to attend a game will choose this one over Kangaroos V Fremantle.

Richmond's turmoil during the week just may also drag a few extra along to see how they'll respond.

I love the MCG and can't wait for "hopefully" another exciting win on the big stage in 09.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: What will the crowd be this week?

Post by BenDoolan »

For a team that's 1 and 7 and about to self destruct yet AGAIN, I see no reason why their bandwagoners would want to attend. No Richo, no Cousins (remember the hysteria pre-seson???? What a f***'n fizzer this has turned out to be) and a team that is disenchanted and divided. The only reason their supporters will turn up in droves is to vent their spleen and spit all over their own.
Essendunny
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

Awesome crowd figure. Too bad we don't get any of the gate takings :lol:
Bombers till' I die
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The Man from Bomberland wrote:Awesome crowd figure. Too bad we don't get any of the gate takings :lol:
I think we split the gate with Richmond over the two games we play against them.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

robrulz5 wrote:
The Man from Bomberland wrote:Awesome crowd figure. Too bad we don't get any of the gate takings :lol:
I think we split the gate with Richmond over the two games we play against them.
75K+ ..great number.

Didn't the tiggers reneg on that deal way back when...?
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

F111 wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:
75K+ ..great number.

Didn't the tiggers reneg on that deal way back when...?
I thought it was a similar deal to ANZAC Day as the Dreamtime game is a bigger game than the 2nd time we play them.