I'm shocked and dismayed: Ess V Geel ? MCG

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bpdons
High Draft Pick

I'm shocked and dismayed: Ess V Geel ? MCG

Post by bpdons »

All week long I had no intention of going to the game against the Cats this Sunday due to it being at Colonial and I simply refuse to book a seat after paying my yearly membership fees.
So this arvo, i looked at the footy fixture on my phone and saw that Collingwood are playing Port Adelaide in Melbourne on Sunday.
Got me excited. Surely that game is at Colonial and the Ess V Geel is at the MCG.
To my utter dismay the afl would rather 40,000 collingwood mentals at the G with 52,000 at the docklands, instead of 40,000 collingwood mental at colonial and possibly 70,000 watching the Ess v Geel game at the MCG.

Of course the AFL wouldn't even consider moving the matches due to Collingwood being the #1 team of Vlad's global domination intentions.
I'm really sick to death of watching 2nd rate matches at Colonial against interstate teams as i know they won't be sell outs.
I really would've thought we'd hear the public/media show their display prior to this match to put the pressure on Vladimir or Mr.Anderson.

Just my rant, thanks for reading.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Re: I'm shocked and dismayed: Ess V Geel ? MCG

Post by DC »

of course their not going to move the game. the G is collingwoods home ground and the dome is ours. Its not a conspiracy, its just common sense.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

DC wrote:of course their not going to move the game. the G is collingwoods home ground and the dome is ours. Its not a conspiracy, its just common sense.
i'm just glad the dons play the cats at ethiad rather than kardinia park...
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

bpdons, at least you have the option to purchase tix if you want them...and you get full coverage of the game. I am in Sydney and unless you are a Victorian or W.Australian, you get the game from 3pm after the f****** V8's and coverage finishes at 5pm...

Lord how I hate channel 7...I love the V8's as much as the average Aussie bloke, but fair dinkum, if the AFL want to be serious about expanding the game here and in QLD, they have to put a rocket up 7's arse and ensure that they give full coverage of any games that they plan to televise (whether the home team plays or not) :evil: :evil: :evil: (here endeth my rant...)
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Delayed telecast also in Perth today...doesn't start until 1pm (usually 12pm).

But at least it's on this week :D
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Crazyman wrote:bpdons, at least you have the option to purchase tix if you want them...and you get full coverage of the game. I am in Sydney and unless you are a Victorian or W.Australian, you get the game from 3pm after the f****** V8's and coverage finishes at 5pm...

Lord how I hate channel 7...I love the V8's as much as the average Aussie bloke, but fair dinkum, if the AFL want to be serious about expanding the game here and in QLD, they have to put a rocket up 7's arse and ensure that they give full coverage of any games that they plan to televise (whether the home team plays or not) :evil: :evil: :evil: (here endeth my rant...)
In Perth this weekend, but usually that's the case we have in Adelaide as well... except we're then subjected to the local game (although that's usually live... morons!) or the game with the local team (which kind of makes sense). Unless we play on a Friday night or not competing with an Adelaide team game we don't see it.

What's even better is when C7 replay an old game instead of televising the game that's being played RIGHT NOW! We either get the V8s or an old replayed game instead of getting to watch the live stuff. That's ultra frustrating.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

tom9779 wrote:
DC wrote:of course their not going to move the game. the G is collingwoods home ground and the dome is ours. Its not a conspiracy, its just common sense.
i'm just glad the dons play the cats at ethiad rather than kardinia park...
Yep the Cats would have smashed us by over 100 points today if we had of played down there.