Not that fussed.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Re: Not that fussed.

Post by MH_Bomber »

May I pose this question ? Why do Geelong reserve their "kicking goals out of their arses form" for when they play us. Yesterday was the best they have played all year. This current Geelong side seems to relish given our Bombers a thumping. Its like they turn up about 3 notches from their other performances this year. Is this a function of how we seem to be intimidated by them ? All the good stuff we had been doing over the past 6 weeks seemed to go missing and our decision making was not up to scratch. We were handballing to guys surrounded by mangy cats looking for their dinner. This just added to the pressure and the mistake count.

We really missed Dempsey and for that matter NLM giving run and grunt from half back.

Perhaps playing a totally inept Richmond in last week's second half lulled our boys in to false sense of their own abilities. We we had time and space and moved the ball with ease last week. This week was completely the opposite. The minute we had it they were on us.

It was a good wake up call for the team.

Filth, I agree with you, vengeance at the these thumpings will come and it will be sweet and,dare I say, delicious.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

MH_Bomber wrote:May I pose this question ? Why do Geelong reserve their "kicking goals out of their arses form" for when they play us. Yesterday was the best they have played all year. This current Geelong side seems to relish given our Bombers a thumping. Its like they turn up about 3 notches from their other performances this year
Yesterday was a predictable outcome I thought.

Geelong are the current contender. We have been touted as the great improvers. We have been described as the team that plays Geelong style footy.

Geelong know all that. They simply showed us how it's done, putting us firmly back in our place.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Me neither Filth. But it just craps me off that we've come out of the game with what appears to be yet another major injury, this time to Bellchambers. We're down to just the one solitary ruckman now with Hille out and now that Laycock has done his other foot (stress frac) Heaven help us if anything happens to Paddy.

It mounts a strong case in favour of a mid season draft i reckon. What we'd do if we could go out there and pick up someone to fill the void right now. And as for the mighty Bendigo Bombers being our feeder club...what a complete waste of time, resources and anything else you can think of. I mean blokes like Scotty would be better off playing for a half decent local suburban side, say in the EDFL (I'm old enough to remember what a rich source of former greats came from that league) than running around freezing his arse off in the forward line up there at Queen Liz oval. It must be a totally underwhelming experience for the likes of him.. no wonder he's (nor any of the other senior list players for that matter) not showing much.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Filthy wrote:- Big experienced bodies vs immature bodies = a thumping especially for us at the Dome...we are better at the g with our game plan.

- Tayte MUST get the Rising Star thing this week. Highly unlikely on the back of an 11 goal loss and Adelaide's newby kicked 5 goals in a winning side

- Hocking, Houli, Hooker, Paddy thrived and got better in that environment. True although Houli's disposal early was poor, he really improved as the game went on

- How does that Ranga get away with having his arms around Watto all day OFF the ball?

- Is "no protection" for Lloyd now official? Lloyd should have moved up the ground to get himself more involved in the play. That would have broken the shackles that Scarlett had on him

- Some of the young blokes will be looking for a rest. Bring in some bigger bodies, match fit or not and just play them. Nothing to lose. They were always going to struggle against the bigger bodied Geelong players. The question is...who do we bring in?

- You know you are in trouble when Choker Moonie kicks 4 :roll:

Younger punters will not remember when we smashed these front running hand bags in 86 by over a 100 points at WH...the same day Turner busted Bakers jaw, Vanda did his knee and Daisy got stitched up and there went our year. Apart from a few years since then we have had them as our bitches sonce 86...& except for the past few years. I can assure you that the EFC...NEVER, EVER...forgets. Retribution against these pricks will arrive one day soon.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Given I didn't see the entire game, I'm not sure how accurate this is going to be.... but... in the last quarter, when Hooker kicked that long goal, the body on body between Lloyd and Scarlett was great to watch. In the end, Lloyd just threw Scarlett off him, protected the space and had the ball been half a metre closer to Lloyd (and the contest) he would have easily outmarked Scarlett right in front. As it was, he allowed it to bounce through for a goal.

We moved the ball too slowly and our forwards were so often in retarded positions to take advantage of being one out and give guys like Lloyd (who have the body strength to go at it in the contest like that) the opportunity to beat their opponent. What I saw was crap delivery going every which way, including along the ground, and an open F50 with noone close to goal (well, rarely). When we actually had players near the goalsquare, or getting free close to goals in the last quarter, we actually kicked goals.... how about that! (eg Hooker's goal which was a kick to Lloyd IMO, and Neagle's last goal where he was all by himself about 20m out from goal and Monfries spotted him up).
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Filthy wrote:
Younger punters will not remember when we smashed these front running hand bags in 86 by over a 100 points at WH...the same day Turner busted Bakers jaw, Vanda did his knee and Daisy got stitched up and there went our year. Apart from a few years since then we have had them as our bitches sonce 86...& except for the past few years. I can assure you that the EFC...NEVER, EVER...forgets. Retribution against these pricks will arrive one day soon.
We always get the last laugh. I said it after the NAB cup loss to Collingwood and have been saying after Hawthorn games for the few years before this year. This will be another case of getting the last laugh.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Yes Filth. Interestingly, Bendigo had a fair sprinkling of senior loist players running atround with them on Sunday and yet they still got thumped. It kind of adds weight to the theory that you're only as good as your worst 5 or 6 players.

As for PJ and the Bombers coffers... nothing much has ever changed at Esssendon in that regard; the old chestnut about Essendon still having war bonds in its chest is probably more true than funny.