Prismall?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tom9779
Club Captain

Prismall?

Post by tom9779 »

Ready?

I don't know what to make of it...Hickmott putting up Prismalls name when he coached the side to a 112 point obliteration.
We have to make a change in the midfield, we were taken to school by the cats yesterday.
but who do you drop?

Prismall, Watts impress
Brent Diamond | June 1, 2009 - 12:42AM
ESSENDON midfielder Brent Prismall is set to make his comeback against Adelaide at Etihad Stadium on Sunday after playing his best VFL match since his return from a knee reconstruction in the Bendigo Bombers' 112-point loss to Sandringham yesterday.

And Melbourne's No.1 draft selection Jack Watts is likely to come under serious consideration for his much-anticipated senior debut in the Queens Birthday clash against Collingwood next Monday after a rampant display in Casey's 36-point win over Geelong.

Former Cat Prismall racked up 33 disposals against a dominant Zebras midfield to gain full praise from his coach Adrian Hickmott, who says he's ready to go.

"From my point of view I reckon he's right", Hickmott said.

"I'll be pushing him up on selection on Tuesday to say he looks right."

"His lateral movement is fine, his attack on the ball was good. I thought he used the ball pretty good too and that takes composure", he said.

In further good news for the Bombers, Andrew Welsh also got through unscathed in his return match from a leg injury.

It is just three months since Welsh's leg was smashed in a tackle during an intra-club match.

The 26-year-old played a half of football yesterday where he racked up 12 disposals across half back but Hickmott said expects Welsh to play up to 80 minutes in the VFL next week before returning to the AFL.

"Andrew Welsh was on a time limit today but to come through the game, I was proud of him. I think Andrew Welsh is such a selfless player because he goes out there and roughs a few up for the team itself.".

Scott Lucas was starved of opportunities up forward before plucking 13 disposals in a roaming ruckman role.

"We put him in the ruck and used him as a solution down back", Hickmott said.

"What we wanted for him was to get some ball in his hands and when he got it, he was good. I thought his second efforts were pretty good."

In a blow for the Bombers, Jay Nash has a suspected shoulder injury after being taken off the ground in the first two minutes of the match, while defender Michael Hurley is expected to miss the next month after sustaining a wrist injury last week for Bendigo.

But Demons fans may not have to wait too much longer to see their prized recruit with Watts, impressing in a variety of roles and snaring 23 disposals.

"He's been consistent, so it will depend what role Melbourne have for him", Scorpions coach Peter German said.

"He was really impressive today. The last few weeks he has been very capable up the ground. He played across half forward.

"We played him in a variety of roles but his form over the last couple of weeks has been very consistent."

Russell Robertson, who was dumped after his goalkicking effort last week, sprayed some shots, finishing with 3.6 but German said he ticked all the boxes.

"He worked really hard and took 12 marks and gave good contests and tackled and chased", he said.

Meanwhile St Kilda defender Sean Dempster also got through unscathed for Sandringham in his return from a knee injury, while Jack Steven racked up 32 disposals.

Zebras coach Andy Lovell said key Saints Max Hudghton and Matt Maguire continued to put their hand up for senior selection.

"Max has played three (VFL matches) now and we know Goose has played all eight", Lovell said.

"They were both really solid...when an opportunity comes up, they'll be considered just like the other boys. It's just a matter of getting the match fitness that they need."
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Re: Prismall?

Post by bomberflyer »

Anyone who is playing.

My god that is the most stupid question I have seen/heard.

He was a near premiership player last year.

Use your brains please!!!!
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

ok try jetta, skipworth, etc
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

It's pretty bloody simple if you ask me.
Essendunny
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Scotty played ruck. Blimey. What were they thinking?...

:shock:
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

bomberflyer wrote:ok try jetta, skipworth, etc

i was going to come back at you and say your nuts. but thankfully you read my post.

jetta? maybe but i do not think our forward line was the problem.

lonergan and zaha had equally quiet games to skippy(and to be fair it was skipworths first game back, same goes for mcveigh).

who you dropping doolan?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tom9779 wrote:
bomberflyer wrote:ok try jetta, skipworth, etc

i was going to come back at you and say your nuts. but thankfully you read my post.

jetta? maybe but i do not think our forward line was the problem.

lonergan and zaha had equally quiet games to skippy(and to be fair it was skipworths first game back, same goes for mcveigh).

who you dropping doolan?
Take your pick;

Jetta first cab off the rank, Monfries, Zaharakis are all in the gun.
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I think Jetta.

Zaha has been the most likely goal scorer and Monfries is due..every second game it seems.

Lonergan has been effective at times, but I get the feeling his output has tapered a little. He's taken a couple of decent hits too.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

I watched the TV coverage last night and Jetta was actually pretty good.

The only guys that were confident with the ball in their hands were:

Dyson
Watson
Winderlich
Ryder
Houli...
and Jetta

Lovett, Neagle, Lloyd and Gus were ok when they got it but they didn't get it very often.

Stanton was utterly appalling - I wouldn't say that he had a single possession to advantage with the exception of his junk time goal. His poor record against Geelong continues. McPhee was worse - that was probably the poorest performance I've seen from him (and I've seen a few). Lonergan was uncharacteristically panicked with the ball in his hands. Zaharakis didn't do a single good thing all game either (though he is still learning).

On the flip side of the coin, that was the best game that Rick Dyson and Bachar Houli have played for this club by a million miles. Dyson was superb - I thought he was good on the day, but watching the replay he was quick, clean and composed.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Doctor Fish wrote:Scotty played ruck. Blimey. What were they thinking?...

Maybe they were thinking with no Hille no Laycock and no Bellchambers that Scotty could play this role in the seniors too?
A bit bizarre, but maybe worth considering?

P.S. as for Prismall, can't see any reason to keep him in the ressies any longer.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I think Prismall has proved that he is ready to make his debut in the red and black this week. I think he has been getting over 30 possies for the last few weeks now. We would be better off using his talent in the senior midfield than the rabble that is Bendigo.

Prismall should come in for either Jetta or Zaka. Skippy wont be dropped as it will be his 50th game against his old side.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I recall that Lucas was used quite often in the ruck early in his career
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

He is a massive unit, could be handy for smashing into somethe bigger ruckmen. Shouldnt have too much trouble keeping up with them for shorter periods of time.

Bring back Scotty!
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

i miss david hille. get well soon big fella.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

billyduckworth wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:Scotty played ruck. Blimey. What were they thinking?...

Maybe they were thinking with no Hille no Laycock and no Bellchambers that Scotty could play this role in the seniors too?
A bit bizarre, but maybe worth considering?

P.S. as for Prismall, can't see any reason to keep him in the ressies any longer.
Might help him get hands on the ball a bit more often than he has in the forward line lately. An onball gig may be just the thing to reinvigorate him and get his 'mojo' back.

If Prismall is fit, surely he comes in. I'm happy to see Stanton sit in the reserves for a while. He's been absymal in the last few weeks.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Boyler_Room wrote: If Prismall is fit, surely he comes in. I'm happy to see Stanton sit in the reserves for a while. He's been absymal in the last few weeks.
drop stanton?

averaging 24+ disposals a game, kicked goals in 6 of our matches, been named as BOG for us against hawthorn, carlton.
Was prob the best player for us after Ryder anzac day.

did you come to that assessment after reading some of the shit dribbled here by fans or have some rationale behind wanting to drop one of our top onballers?

we got absolutely smashed by geelongs midfield, but stants 21 touches and a goal was one of the better efforts by a pretty sore and sorry bunch.

essendon aint alone either in that regard. ask black/johnstone/power/rich from brisbane about geelong, or perhaps kirk/mcveigh/bolton from sydney about what its like to hit geelong when they are well and truly bloody up.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

andrewb wrote:I watched the TV coverage last night and Jetta was actually pretty good.

The only guys that were confident with the ball in their hands were:

Dyson
Watson
Winderlich
Ryder
Houli...
and Jetta

Lovett, Neagle, Lloyd and Gus were ok when they got it but they didn't get it very often.

Stanton was utterly appalling - I wouldn't say that he had a single possession to advantage with the exception of his junk time goal. His poor record against Geelong continues. McPhee was worse - that was probably the poorest performance I've seen from him (and I've seen a few). Lonergan was uncharacteristically panicked with the ball in his hands. Zaharakis didn't do a single good thing all game either (though he is still learning).

On the flip side of the coin, that was the best game that Rick Dyson and Bachar Houli have played for this club by a million miles. Dyson was superb - I thought he was good on the day, but watching the replay he was quick, clean and composed.
Yes, I gave Dyson BOG. He looked terrific from where I was sitting. However, I saw issues with Jetta - the stutters, the slight fumbles and the hesitation. He looked out of his depth TBH.
Essendunny
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

tom9779 wrote:
we got absolutely smashed by geelongs midfield, but stants 21 touches and a goal was one of the better efforts by a pretty sore and sorry bunch.
21 touches that went straight to Geelong players, out of bounds or anywhere other than to the advantage of our footy club. He was utter crap. I'm not saying I'd drop him ahead of Jetta, but he has been rubbish lately.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Boyler_Room wrote:
tom9779 wrote:
21 touches that went straight to Geelong players, out of bounds or anywhere other than to the advantage of our footy club. He was utter crap. I'm not saying I'd drop him ahead of Jetta, but he has been rubbish lately.
He is being heavily tagged lately. This is new to him because the opposition never worried about him. But he has been playing damn good footy this year which the opposition are now taking him out of the game. He's got to learn to deal with the attention now.
Essendunny
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Stats are very misleading on Stanton's game this week Tom. Honestly, he had somewhere between one and three disposals that were to advantage. He had 7 touches in the first 5 minutes, pretty much all of which were fumbled or misdirected. He looked panicked and played panicked and it set the scene for everyone else. The most concerning thing was that every time that Stants was in a one-on-one with a Geelong player fighting for a contested ball, they came away with it. He couldn't extract it and he couldn't lock it up. Woeful, woeful game... and I'm a big fan of his.

The fact is, Stants doesn't play well against Geelong. They treat him like a little kid and push him around. And, more importantly, he takes it. They've got absolutely no respect for him and he knows it. The only way he's going to change that is to come out with a bit of mongrel. He's a much bigger lad than he was when he started playing in this competition and he needs to start throwing his weight around more.