The Adelaide Game

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

The Adelaide Game

Post by bomberflyer »

I'm not sure about this game. I think we are the better team; but, Adelaide have picked up their intensity over the last 2 weeks and played some really attractive and attacking footy.

They are in a similar position with plenty of young guys and few calm old heads. They have Walker and Tippett up forward, so I'm not sure we need an extra tall down back. Maric and Moran can go up forward when not rucking - Scott Lucas or Daniher to come in if an extra tall is required based on Adelaide's squad of 25.

My 22 + 3 emergencies are:

(B) Slattery Pears Houli
(HB) McPhee Hooker Dempsey (if fit)
(C) Lovett Watson Winderlich
(HF) Monfries Lloyd Lonergan
(F) Davey Neagle McVeigh
(R) Ryder Stanton Hocking
(I) Prismall Zaharakis Dyson Skipworth
(E) Lucas Daniher Jetta

Not considered for selection:
Fletcher, Bellchambers, Hurley, Lovett-Murray, Myers, Reimers, Welsh + long-term injured + the rest.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
tom9779
Club Captain

Re: The Adelaide Game

Post by tom9779 »

I think your right, although I think Lucas will get a game this week, not sure for who though.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

I don't have a great feeling about this game. Adelaide have almost their full list to choose from and they've been getting great performances out of both their youngsters and their elder statesmen of late. They're in much better touch than we are and also have the type of game plan that could really hurt us. We really need Dempsey back and firing.

Ins: Dempsey, Prismall
Outs: Bellchambers (inj), Lonergan (to find the ball)

Hooker to play second ruck and to play down back if/when they rest a ruckman in the forward line. We don't really need the two talls down back against Adelaide - McPhee to CHB. Pears to Walker, Dempsey to Porplyzia, Houli to Chris Knights.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Unfortunately Licha wont be playing with a back injury (probably still from the bump from Coughlan a couple of weeks back) and Slats is out with a hamstring strain.

Dempsey and Prismall will definately play and i think Lucas will come in as well.

IN- Dempsey, Prismall, Lucas
OUT- Winderlich, Slattery and TB- all injured.

I will be at the match on Sunday and while i think we should win it is a danger game for us.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

This will be a season defining game. We are playing a team in great form who hold no fear coming to Melbourne. This is a must win game. I almost feel this game is as important as the Sheeds jacket waving game against West Coast in '93, a win and we are back in the 8 and back on track. If we lose it could get ugly.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

robrulz5 wrote:This will be a season defining game. We are playing a team in great form who hold no fear coming to Melbourne. This is a must win game. I almost feel this game is as important as the Sheeds jacket waving game against West Coast in '93, a win and we are back in the 8 and back on track. If we lose it could get ugly.
Agreed.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

robrulz5 wrote:This will be a season defining game. We are playing a team in great form who hold no fear coming to Melbourne. This is a must win game. I almost feel this game is as important as the Sheeds jacket waving game against West Coast in '93, a win and we are back in the 8 and back on track. If we lose it could get ugly.
In a nutshell.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Interestingly, Sportsbet has us both at $1.92 head to head. I would have thought after they creamed the premiers and we were flogged by the Cats, that our price would be a little more attractive. I must admit I am a bit heartened by this.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

May not fear coming to Melbourne however, they have never beaten Essendon in Melbourne (as far as I can recall)
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

First time last year - Essendon severely down on players.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

bomberflyer wrote:First time last year - Essendon severely down on players.
This year, Essendon severely down on players :)

Hille, Fletcher, Welsh, Winderlich, Slatts, Lovett-Murray, Laycock, Bellchambers, Hurley, Gumbleton, Nash, Magin, Williams... 13 injured is a pretty decent list of outs!
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

andrewb wrote:

Hille, Fletcher, Welsh, Winderlich, Slatts, Lovett-Murray, Laycock, Bellchambers, Hurley, Gumbleton, Nash, Magin, Williams... 13 injured is a pretty decent list of outs!
why bother mentioning Nash/Magin/Williams? they are not yet a look in, for the best 22 when fit anyway.
(nashy may be) Laycock and Bellchambers are hardly lighting the world up as backup ruckmen.

In reality you would love to have Hille, Licha, prob slatts and fletch available. the rest i'm 50/50 as they would be replacing pretty capable guys anyhow. prob NLM as he is in red hot form.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

tom9779 wrote:
andrewb wrote:

why bother mentioning Nash/Magin/Williams? they are not yet a look in, for the best 22 when fit anyway.
(nashy may be) Laycock and Bellchambers are hardly lighting the world up as backup ruckmen.

In reality you would love to have Hille, Licha, prob slatts and fletch available. the rest i'm 50/50 as they would be replacing pretty capable guys anyhow. prob NLM as he is in red hot form.
No mention of Woosha there Tom? Surely he is starting 18 material when fully fit. I agree with your assessment of the others though.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
chickster
On the Rookie List

Post by chickster »

Windy_Hill wrote:

May not fear coming to Melbourne however, they have never beaten Essendon in Melbourne (as far as I can recall)
Other than last year of course....to the tune of ten goals!!!! :shock:
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

chickster wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

Other than last year of course....to the tune of ten goals!!!! :shock:
SHHHHH! I think he's blocked out of his memory! I know I tried to!
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

The final team is:

B: Dempsey Pears McVeigh
HB: Stanton McPhee Hooker
C: Dyson Hocking Reimers
HF: Monfries Neagle Lovett
F: Davey Lloyd Lonergan
R: Ryder Watson Prismall
Int: Zaharakis Houli Lucas Skipworth

Emg: Jetta T.Slattery Daniher

Scotty is back :D Wish him well. Hopefully stretch their backline and boot a bag.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

JumboPaddy wrote:The final team is:

B: Dempsey Pears McVeigh
HB: Stanton McPhee Hooker
C: Dyson Hocking Reimers
HF: Monfries Neagle Lovett
F: Davey Lloyd Lonergan
R: Ryder Watson Prismall
Int: Zaharakis Houli Lucas Skipworth

Emg: Jetta T.Slattery Daniher

Scotty is back :D Wish him well. Hopefully stretch their backline and boot a bag.
Tear 'em a new one Scotty! Young Slatts can't be far of a berth can he?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Well I'm very happy to see those inclusions. Welcome back Scotty, I think it's a good move. Congratulations to Brent Prismall for making his debut for our club. May it be one of many top games for the club. And it's great to see Reimers back in the team. Love the way he goes about his business.

Image Image Image

Spewing Winderlich is out though. He's been magnificent this year.
Essendunny
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

f@#$k yeah BD.

LUUUUCAS!

scotty is back, reimers and pris are in.

get on the dons 40+ this team is the goods.

has noone forgotten how good kyle reimers is?

CAAARN THE BOMBERS!!!!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It's great to see super Scott back. One of the all time Essendon greats (in my opinion anyway).

Could any of the old timers tell me how Scotty would stack up when it comes to the "Champions of Essendon?" Fletch is surely another current player who could/should be in there.