Uh oh Lovey

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Uh oh Lovey

Post by Doctor Fish »

Essendon will continue to support Lovett

Thursday, 4 June 2009
for essendonfc.com.au
Page 1 of 1

Andrew Lovett will appear in court later this month to answer charges of driving while unlicensed.
Andrew lost his licence last year following an accumulation of demerit points.

“Andrew’s actions are unacceptable and he will now face the consequences of the law,” Essendon managing director Peter Jackson said. “He needs to understand the community has standards and he like all of us has a responsibility to meet them.”

“We will continue to work with Andrew to help him make better decisions in his life. It has been a challenge for him – and remains one - but we believe as a Club we have the support networks in place that will give him the best chance of meeting community expectations on an on-going basis.”
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Re: Uh oh Lovey

Post by Boyler_Room »

Doctor Fish wrote:Essendon will continue to support Lovett

Thursday, 4 June 2009
for essendonfc.com.au
Page 1 of 1

Andrew Lovett will appear in court later this month to answer charges of driving while unlicensed.
Andrew lost his licence last year following an accumulation of demerit points.

“Andrew’s actions are unacceptable and he will now face the consequences of the law,” Essendon managing director Peter Jackson said. “He needs to understand the community has standards and he like all of us has a responsibility to meet them.”

“We will continue to work with Andrew to help him make better decisions in his life. It has been a challenge for him – and remains one - but we believe as a Club we have the support networks in place that will give him the best chance of meeting community expectations on an on-going basis.”
To face court later this month, it must have occured a while back. Not a 'recent' offence, I wouldn't imagine.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Yeah i dont think this is a recent event, i think its just the court case for something that happened last year.
damo22
Top Up Player

Post by damo22 »

he shouldve done a runner.. they wouldnt have caught him
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Hope he kicks goal of the year so he wins a car.
Essendunny
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

What is the whack these days for driving while unlicenced?? As a law abiding citizen I have no knowledge of such matters!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

rockhole wrote:What is the whack these days for driving while unlicenced?? As a law abiding citizen I have no knowledge of such matters!!
Longer license suspension I believe, and a fine.
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

Ok, lets jump the gun and suspend him until further notice. No wait lets offer him as trade bait again because we can not have this sort of thing happening in the AFL.....

IS this really an issue,or for that matter anyones business FFS!!!!!!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Scott wrote:Ok, lets jump the gun and suspend him until further notice. No wait lets offer him as trade bait again because we can not have this sort of thing happening in the AFL.....

IS this really an issue,or for that matter anyones business FFS!!!!!!
Maybe we could overreact to people discussing an issue of interest to bomber fans :roll:

I don't see any negative comments in the posts entered so far...it has just been a bunch of bomber fans discussing an issue in the public eye regarding one of our players.....that's what we do in here!
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

My point is, is this worth discussing? It it worth mentioning on any forum?
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Scott wrote:My point is, is this worth discussing? It it worth mentioning on any forum?
It's the sort of stuff we discuss on a regular basis...check the various threads on Ben Cousins, the current one on Andrew Symonds....whether you like it or not, it is news about an Essendon player and so we discuss it just like we discuss situations concerning other well known people. As I previously stated, nothing in here is negative towards Lovett and so I don't see why you're concerned (but I respect your right to be).
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

Thats fair enough Swood thanks.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I do not care. He is not employed as a chaufeur. He is employed to run the length of the ground and kick goals.

In other news. Mathew Lloyd will stand down as captain of the Dons after being given a parking ticket. When asked about it he replied. "Ummm yeah, They introduced a 10 minute time limit on that spot because they thought I was taking too long to get out of the car. It is very difficult for me as I have an elaborate ritual I have to do to ensure I go right through the middle of the car doorway."

Sorry, at work waiting for beer o'clock.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Sismis wrote:I do not care. He is not employed as a chaufeur. He is employed to run the length of the ground and kick goals.

In other news. Mathew Lloyd will stand down as captain of the Dons after being given a parking ticket. When asked about it he replied. "Ummm yeah, They introduced a 10 minute time limit on that spot because they thought I was taking too long to get out of the car. It is very difficult for me as I have an elaborate ritual I have to do to ensure I go right through the middle of the car doorway."

:mrgreen:
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Sismis wrote:I do not care. He is not employed as a chaufeur. He is employed to run the length of the ground and kick goals.

Well that's obviously made up, anything Lloyd says starts with "Yeah, nah".

On Lovett, he is an idiot, but this is hardly news and the incident was earlier this year I believe.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

andy lovett is an Essendon champion.

forget all the bullshit, i dont give a rats arse if he drives unlicensed. people do it all the time. this is not football news, its shit he has to deal with in his PRIVATE life. it should not be in the bloody paper or EFC website.