Ryder Signs back on

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Splodge
Top Up Player

Ryder Signs back on

Post by Splodge »

SEN just announced Paddy Ryder has re-signed for another 3 years.

great news =D> =D> =D>
Carlton Football Club - Surely a contradiction in terms?
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Re: Ryder Signs back on

Post by Doctor Fish »

vingertje
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Excellent news. Who is next :?:

Lets hope he leads the way.

On 774 report he said
in the back of my mind I considered going back home to Perth

phew..that was close.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

w00t
Bombers till' I die
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

F111 wrote:Excellent news. Who is next :?:

On 774 report he said

phew..that was close.
wow could you imagine if Paddy did decide to go back to Perth... i dont think either the Dockers or the Eagles have anything we really want/or equal to Paddy's value!!!

Obviously Ryder knows there is a good thing happening at Windy Hill and could perhaps win a premiership in the next few years!
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
F111 wrote:Excellent news. Who is next :?:

On 774 report he said

phew..that was close.
wow could you imagine if Paddy did decide to go back to Perth... i dont think either the Dockers or the Eagles have anything we really want/or equal to Paddy's value!!!

Obviously Ryder knows there is a good thing happening at Windy Hill and could perhaps win a premiership in the next few years!
That is the truth Mrs Merc...only way we would even think about it is if some convoluted complex deal involving GC and at least 3 picks :D :mrgreen:

Onya Paddy... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

He's the second one in the vault, with Prismall, that are now safe from the Gold Coast.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I think Ryder was the main one in the sights of the GC team so its great that he is locked away.

Hopefully they sign up Lovey next!!!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Now give Paddy the Captaincy and lets look forward to him leading a superb Bomber outfit onto the field for the 2012 Grand Final
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Windy_Hill wrote:Now give Paddy the Captaincy and lets look forward to him leading a superb Bomber outfit onto the field for the 2012 Grand Final
Slow down a bit Windy...I think it he is one of those blokes that will be better served without that responsibility added to his already burgeoning playing responsibilities on the field...still...nice thought :D
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Also noticed this little quote from paddy:
"In the end it was a pretty easy decision. I have a lot of mates around here, it's an exciting time at the footy club with all the young players and we haven't even said the best of some of those blokes so it's going to be good," Ryder said.

"It's hard living over here but my family understand that I am playing football and doing what I love and it's best for me to stay over here. Being at the Essendon footy club is where I want to be."
Just shows what a great club EFC really is doesn't it :D vingertje =D>
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

8) 8) 8)

Although, I wonder what he would have done if Hille never got injured. One feels he has got a new lease of life playing in the ruck in Hille's absence - and that it is his passion to play that role. If he were stuck in defence, I wonder where his mind would have taken him :-k

Freo need a ruck after Sandilands? After they discarded Warnock, I thought Freo would have snaffled Naitanui. Then West Coast trumped them. Might have been an opening for him to return to WA.
Essendunny
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

BenDoolan wrote:8) 8) 8)

Although, I wonder what he would have done if Hille never got injured. One feels he has got a new lease of life playing in the ruck in Hille's absence - and that it is his passion to play that role. If he were stuck in defence, I wonder where his mind would have taken him :-k

Freo need a ruck after Sandilands? After they discarded Warnock, I thought Freo would have snaffled Naitanui. Then West Coast trumped them. Might have been an opening for him to return to WA.
i think your right BD. Paddy has got a whole new lease of life since Hille has been injured and as bad as it has been losing the big man for the season it has really let Ryder have the freedom to roam the midfield and be extremely dangerous. As well as he played in defence i think Paddy prefers to be further up the ground and playing as a roaming ruckman. Hearing Paddy talk about his homesickness i have a feeling he might have tried to go back to Perth if he was kept in the back half all year.

Say that was to happen... what would Freo give up?? Obviously their first and maybe second draft picks... would we want any of their players??
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:would we want any of their players??
You don't really expect an answer to that do you Mrs M???????????????? :lol:
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Windy_Hill wrote:Now give Paddy the Captaincy and lets look forward to him leading a superb Bomber outfit onto the field for the 2012 Grand Final
do we really need to wait that long? :wink:
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Heard him interviewed on SEN. He said he's loving the ruck job. Doesn't want to play any other position... It's going to be interesting next year when Hillie comes back. Time up forward for both maybe?...

:-k
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Doctor Fish wrote:Heard him interviewed on SEN. He said he's loving the ruck job. Doesn't want to play any other position... It's going to be interesting next year when Hillie comes back. Time up forward for both maybe?...

:-k
Lloyd and Lucas have maybe one-year left at best. I'd love to see Hille and Paddy switching between the ruck and goal square sooner rather than later. In fact, I reckon Paddy should be our Buddy Franklin. Quick, great hands and leap, (even a better kick than Buddy), and lacks nothing in tackling ability. I am prepared to say that if given the opportunity, and coached appropriately Paddy could be one of the best 5 players in the current game.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Crazyman wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:would we want any of their players??
You don't really expect an answer to that do you Mrs M???????????????? :lol:
haha just thought i would put the question out there!!! :P We have a better chance of getting something decent from the Eagles who are starting to build a nice young side again.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Too true Mrs M...I would do a swap in a couple of years if Paddy wants to leave...

Paddy for Naitanui the ready made cult figure :lol:
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

Say that was to happen... what would Freo give up?? Obviously their first and maybe second draft picks... would we want any of their players??
Dean Solomon maybe.... :shock: :roll:

Great news about Paddy. Has Brownlow potential stamped all over him.