MCC update RE Friday night

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
brad
Top Up Player

MCC update RE Friday night

Post by brad »

Pies-Bombers clash likely to sell-out - purchase tickets NOW
Jun 30, 2009

Last updated:
June 30, 2009 at 4.40pm

Friday night's Collingwood-Essendon is shaping up to be a blockbuster match given both team's recent performances.

Patrons wishing to attend the match are advised to pre-purchase their tickets as soon as possible as the game is expected to sell-out in advance. If this occurs, there will be no general admission tickets available to purchase on the night.

Given the expected attendance, patrons are encouraged to allow plenty of time to arrive at the stadium and to take public transport where possible.

Tickets can be purchased through Ticketek (www.ticketek.com.au, phone 132 849 or at Ticketek agencies).

Event Details:

Event: AFL Football Round 14
Teams: Collingwood v Essendon
Date: Friday July 3
Start time: 7.40pm

Gate opening times
- MCC members: 5.00pm
- Public/AFL members: 5.30pm

Car Park opening: Gate 3 – 8.00am
Gate 5 – 3.00pm
Gate 6 – 4.00pm
Gate 7 – 2.00pm (Passes only)

Crowd estimate: 88,000

TAB outlets open: 5.30pm
brad
Top Up Player

Re: MCC update RE Friday night

Post by brad »

Filthy wrote:Thanks Brad...you're great with these updates. :wink:

The question of the ages?

Will it be a direct telcast or WILL BETTER HOMES N GARDENS PREVAIL? :roll: :evil:

Don't know and don't care as I will be at the G.

Remember this one back in 93?

Essendon 2.6 9.7 15.10 18.15 (123)
Collingwood 1.1 4.7 7.10 7.13 (55)
GOALS: Essendon: D.Bewick 4, T.Watson 3, P.Salmon 3, D.Kickett 3, M.Symons 2, D.Calthorpe, M.Long, M.Mercuri
Collingwood: S.Rocca 3, M.McGuane, S.Russell, S.Watson, B.Rowe
Crowd: 87,573 at Melbourne Cricket Ground on Friday, 30th July

3rd (us) V 5th (them) and we won in atrocious conditions which is predicted again for Friday night. Ended up on top of the ladder when the round was over.

AND we all know what took place at the end of the season. vingertje
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

brad wrote:

Will it be a direct telcast or WILL BETTER HOMES N GARDENS PREVAIL? :roll: :evil:

GOALS: Essendon: D.Bewick 4, T.Watson 3, P.Salmon 3, D.Kickett 3, M.Symons 2, D.Calthorpe, M.Long, M.Mercuri

3rd (us) V 5th (them) and we won in atrocious conditions which is predicted again for Friday night. Ended up on top of the ladder when the round was over.

Remember it well, was sitting at the top of the old Northern Stand. As you will no doubt remember, this stand had no roof and I was completely soaked from the rain that fell through the whole match
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Ol' Kickett bobbed up for three.

Complete and utter disgrace he missed the granny. It still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

gringo wrote:Ol' Kickett bobbed up for three.

Complete and utter disgrace he missed the granny. It still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Hadn't played a good game in the 8 or so weeks preceding the GF. Was absolutely the right decision.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Staggy wrote:

Hadn't played a good game in the 8 or so weeks preceding the GF. Was absolutely the right decision.
Arguing about this is pointless as it changes nothing, but I'll add my piece;

Derek Kickett played 66 consecutive games up until that point. In R20 of that season (just 4 matches prior to the GF) Derek Kickett kicked 8 goals v Bulldogs in an amazing display. Virtually after that match in R21, Fletcher went off injured v Geelong and he was killing Ablett up until half time. Sheedy then put Kickett on Ablett for the rest of the game, and he ended up with 3. During the finals, Sheedy played Kickett off the bench, and struggled to have an impact for the 3 or 4 minute bursts he would get.

Dean Wallis on the other hand hadn't played any final during that season. But he was a Sheedy favourite and was NEVER going to miss that match.

If Sheedy wasn't happy with Kickett's form leading up to the GF, he should have dropped him a couple of weeks earlier - perhaps even for the Prelim. But to let the poor bastard play 66 consecutive games and drop him for the most important game in one's career was an absolute f***'n dog act.

Like I said, it changes nothing, what happened, happened. Wallis played and caused some damage and we won the flag easily. David Flood was also unlucky to miss out that day.
Essendunny
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Staggy wrote:

No. It was a shocker.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Didn't David Flood hear about his omission from the GF side on the radio?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Back to the TOPIC.Love to be there,but will have to settle for a RADIO Broadcast.I don't wait for 3 and a Half Hours in PERTH for it to get started near 9PM.I get on the PISS with me mates,pop the TRANNY on for a quick SNEAK Score and keep Mum the best I can. :-" :mrgreen:

BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS on a FRIDAY NIGHT.BAH!Do people actually watch that?On a Friday Night? :roll:
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

I read somewhere (probably perpetuated by Sheeds himself) that it came down to a decision between Watson v Kickett

Any truth in that one?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

dom_105 wrote:I read somewhere (probably perpetuated by Sheeds himself) that it came down to a decision between Watson v Kickett

Any truth in that one?
According to Sheeds himself.

Kickett didn't help his cause when he shit canned the decision by saying he should have played ahead of Watson. Wrong call IMO. The fact that Dean Wallis hadn't played since R21, was LUCKY to be selected IMO. But Kickett and Wally were very good friends, so he wouldn't bag him.
Essendunny
brad
Top Up Player

Post by brad »

brad wrote:

The week before beating Collingwood on that Friday night in 93 would you believe we beat Carlton. vingertje
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

WATSON was as SAFE as HOUSES.Wasn't just the WINNING GOAL,as many MEDIA DICKHEADS would have OUTSIDERS BELIEVE(in order to DEMEAN TIMMY).He Kicked 2 Goals,assisted in 6 and SAVED a CERTAIN GOAL!

DEREK's FORM was SHIT and he knew it.It was KEVIN not telling him was where the COCKUP Occurred.

Yep Brad.And DEREK was great in that one,kicking a goal on 3/4 Time to BRING THE HOUSE DOWN and set us up for the Last Quarter there.CREDIT where it's DUE!
brad
Top Up Player

Post by brad »

AND the following two weeks of the 93 season (after the Friday night game against the Pies) put us up against Sydney and Footscray.

The 2009 Season sees us playing Collingwood this Friday (after beating Carlton) followed by Sydney and Western Bulldogs (ala Footscray).

Ironic much?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Yeah,but another IRONY is,Thank CHRIST we don't play GEELONG after the Doggies.
brad
Top Up Player

Post by brad »

1500 AFL Reserve seats and 10,000 for the general public for Friday night.

If you haven't bought a ticket get one ASAP or expect to miss out.