Where will people be watching the game from?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Re: Where will people be watching the game from?

Post by boncer34 »

Bourke Street Bridge.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

1pm in the afternoon on a Friday in Dubai - I have had a five wins from five Bombers games broadcast live to Dubai so I hope my record continues.

Friday is the weekend here of course so I am looking forward to a great start to the weekend
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

andrewb wrote:I'm normally in the Great Southern stand, Q11, Row C with the Essendon Members. Which unfortunately means staring into the sun.
Andrew, don't bother with the sunnies tomorrow! :wink:
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

I will be in the MCC members with my Essendon collared shirt and Sheedy Jacket...
Will be bloody cold...
Go Bombers
Tear em a new one...
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Listening on the Radio 1st on 6PR and 3AW.I don't play the TV Stations BULLSHIT Game when ESSENDON are Playing.On the Bus from Home to the City,City to (Ahem)Vic Park Bowling Club where some of DAVID MYERS' Supporters are.Game's over about 8.15PM,where I usually get a lift from one of those guys to the CARLISLE HOTEL to watch it in the SALOON BAR 1st,then the SPORTSMAN's Bar when they Kick us out of the SALOON!Round about Half Time,TV Time.

I think that about Sums it up!

I
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Just checking the net when i wake up! Even I can't justify getting up at 4am on a work Friday to tune into the radio via the net!

Call me soft!
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

M56, about 15 rows back, Olympic Stand (near the 50m line), 1st Level. Looks like you and I are pretty close JP! I'll look for the freakishly tall optimistic guy.

I really really hope it stops raining.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Western Red wrote:Just checking the net when i wake up! Even I can't justify getting up at 4am on a work Friday to tune into the radio via the net!

Call me soft!
Soft.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

BenDoolan wrote:
gringo wrote: My fondest memories of watching, or being involved with Essendon games however, was as a young bloke up the farm with Dad, listening to the game on the radio. That was back when most games were played on a Saturday afternoon and they'd constantly go around the grounds for updates – from Windy Hill, to the MCG, out to the Western Ovel or down to Kardinia. We always listened to 774. There were times when there'd be such a big crowd in attendance that you couldn't hear the commentators due to the roar of the crowd. Bloody good stuff it was. The old man use to turn off the radio if things were getting too tight, and switch it back on at three minute intervals to get a quick score check. Funny stuff. He was a very good footballer was the old man. He grew up on a farm in Lancefield and Essendon used to get him a taxi down to ground when he was 16 to play in their twos.
Shit eh, that's a good ol' story Gringy.

Loved listening to the games on radio "back in the day" when I was a kid who couldn't go to the footy. What era did your old man play at the club?
The old man was down there in the late 60s. He never played ones (he broke his wrist badly and it never really healed). He was a midfielder that would run all day and, by accounts I've read in papers, didn't mind dishing out a hip and shoulder.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

In the 50 year members section level one on the wing due to my old man having been a member forever. best seats in the house although a little quiet for my liking. I still mis being undee the big peppercorn tree at Windy hill!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

On the tv in my loungeroom trying not to wake the Mrs up.

I find it difficult to cheer without making noise. Doesn't feel right.
Bombers till' I die
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

The Man from Bomberland wrote:On the tv in my loungeroom trying not to wake the Mrs up.

I find it difficult to cheer without making noise. Doesn't feel right.
Yep i feel the same... half the time the rest of the family runs in to watch when my cheering gets louder haha
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Staggy wrote:
Western Red wrote:Just checking the net when i wake up! Even I can't justify getting up at 4am on a work Friday to tune into the radio via the net!

Call me soft!
Soft.
What he said :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Q10 Row Z.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

At home with the other half and almost fully Bomber brainwashed 6 year old daughter. She's inherited my old number 32 Tim Watson jumper I wore when I was a slip of a girl - a long time ago now. Its got the thin looking red sash and no logos. She loves it and keeps asking me about Tim Watson. I keep telling her his son is playing now.

A chardonnay might be the order of the night to calm the nerves. Media blackout until 7 put it on at 8.30.

I have small wager going for us to win by either 40-59 or 60+.

Go the Mighty Bombers !!!!!!
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

In the Members with a couple of guests, either at the back of the bottom deck or the front of the top deck.
Cannot wait.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

M21...it is going to be wet!
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Ahhh I've had to catch the odd broadcast on the ABC radio, it's an experience :D

I'll be watching it - live - on the teev.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

danstar84 wrote:Most likely standing behind the goals on the southern stand with the grog squad. Might be too busy though. Got crappy seats on the olympic stand if needed.

Me too almost - under 'the gulls' in the forward pocket has been the prefered position since we vacated Windy Hill. Have seats somewhere up in the Gods - but being 6'4" in the old - prefer the upright freedom.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.