Changes for Sydney-hard but fair

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Doctor Strangelove
Top Up Player

Changes for Sydney-hard but fair

Post by Doctor Strangelove »

Dear all, it is wonderful when the Bombers have to make hard decisions!!!!!!!! :D

In: Watson , McVeigh , Hurley and Bellchambers

Out: Skipworth, Hocking, Slattery (or Lovett-Murray), Lucas (or Hooker)

Why: Watson and McVeigh obvious, Hurley has a body and ability, and we need a second "real" ruckman to give Paddy a chop out

Challenge: You can't have Bellchambers in without "sacrificing" a big man. Both Lucas and Hooker don't deserve to be dropped based on last night versus the Pies.

Opportunity: Get some games into Hurley and Bellchambers. If we have a glint of chance of getting in to the finals we need both up and running

Crystal Ball: Where is Scott Gumbleton ? Where is the boxing trainer Jobe had for Jay Neagle
Ossie
Club Captain

Re: Changes for Sydney-hard but fair

Post by Ossie »

Doctor Strangelove wrote:Dear all, it is wonderful when the Bombers have to make hard decisions!!!!!!!! :D

In: Watson , McVeigh , Hurley and Bellchambers

Out: Skipworth, Hocking, Slattery (or Lovett-Murray), Lucas (or Hooker)
Drop Scott Lucas? Are you completely mental? He was probably in our best three players last night.

Agree with the ins as long as Hurley and Bellchambers are 100% - we can't afford any passengers.
Outs would be Skipworth, Slattery, maybe Hooker just to give the boy a rest (nothing to do with form) and on the SCG possibly NatRat could be left out.
Wouldn't mind seeing Zaharakis back in the side (reckon he will be a gun) but with Watson and McVeigh both back there should be better depth to our midfield against Sydney.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Drop Hocking?

:lol:

f***'n hell.

Reason?

Because he's hard and tough and been playing well :roll:
Essendunny
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

LOL, Hocking and Lucas. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

IN: Watson McVeigh Bellchambers

OUT: Skipworth Slattery NLM
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

You may have Monfries as an automatic out as well
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Definitely need Bellchambers in to at least cut Ryder some slack against Jolly. We will get murdered in the hitouts against Sydney if Ryder plays like last night.

There has been some talk in the media that McVeigh will not play next week as he will be forced to come back through Bendigo. Is there any truth to this, or is it Hutchy bullshit? I was fking pissed off with what he did, but we need him back immediately.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Definitely need Bellchambers in to at least cut Ryder some slack against Jolly. We will get murdered in the hitouts against Sydney if Ryder plays like last night.

There has been some talk in the media that McVeigh will not play next week as he will be forced to come back through Bendigo. Is there any truth to this, or is it Hutchy bullshit? I was fking pissed off with what he did, but we need him back immediately.
He'll be back v Sydney. Playing for Bendigo this weekend only.
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Hocking dropped ???

Lucas dropped ???

What drugs are you on Doctor Strangelove ??? :) Yes its a hard decision time.

In: Watson (only if 100% fit), Bellchambers

Out: Skipworth, Slattery

McVeigh ??? for NLM ???
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

We all have different perspectives on games but I thought slatts was quite good last night.
skip was quiet, Hooker was quiet too. We need a real ruckman in there.

Dyson has been quiet as well.

Lucas was one of our best last night and seems to be getting better every week since hes been back. No way he gets dropped.

Watson and McVeigh and TB if ready to come in for sure.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

The Ins apart from Hurley, i agree with but no way should Lucas go as he is our best performed forward recently. Love to see Hurley play but on small SCG you need smaller type players, maybe the week after. McVeigh is no certainty to return as i have heard he has to play a blinder for Bendigo or Sunday to get back. Wonder if he will be going to the 1984/85 bash tonight at crown?? Knights has encouraged all players to go tonight. But i believe he will return

OUTS: NLM ( definate), Monfries (if injured), Dyson or Slattery
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

DC wrote:We all have different perspectives on games but I thought slatts was quite good last night. He'll take Kirk?
skip was quiet, Hooker was quiet too. We need a real ruckman in there. Unfortunately Belly isn't that just yet, but Ryder needs help. Hooker has done well in filling holes, but Bolton and Henneman did filling roles and we know what happened to them. I'd be happier seeing him stay at HB.

Dyson has been quiet as well. I'd keep him in still. He has broadened his application to include some inside work this year.

Lucas was one of our best last night and seems to be getting better every week since hes been back. No way he gets dropped.Correct.

Watson and McVeigh and TB if ready to come in for sure.
Monfries out injured. NLM out for Hurley. Skippy out for McVeigh. Hocking would be stiff imo. Who gets dropped for Belly?
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

F111 wrote:Monfries out injured. NLM out for Hurley. Skippy out for McVeigh. Hocking would be stiff imo. Who gets dropped for Belly?
He'd be stiff as, but Hooker?

Although on the postage stamp sized SCG, marking targets will be important and so maybe a small... if Monfries is injured, is that the swap?
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

too many changes, given the boys only lost the one quarter against the pies.

my view for sydney:

foolish to necessarily go in with bellchambers against the swans. unless did he have a blinder in bendigo? ryder will rebound and be right. Jolly is playing pretty well for the swans, but i think given the scg is a lot shorter and we have the days break, paddy should be able to run the game out. no point in playing bellchambers, maybe we list him as an emerg and see if the swans go in with two rucks.

NLM will be back, give him a break, will return to being one of our best, brings a hardness that we need.

Watson and McVeigh will play, we need tough hardened bodies for the swans, who will turn the game into an absolute one on one dog fight.

outs: monfries,

in: watson/mcveigh

with one of hocking/lonergan/skippy as an emerg.

we'll play licha up front to replace gus.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

In: Watson, McVeigh, Bellchambers

Out: Prismall, Dempsey, Winderlich
Essendunny
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

BenDoolan wrote:In: Watson, McVeigh, Bellchambers

:D
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

BenDoolan wrote:In: Watson, McVeigh, Bellchambers

What has the Dr given you B.D.?
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Lucas out? 13 goals in the last month since his return is better than any other forward. I think Scotty would like playing on the SCG, he could have shots on goal from the centre square.
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

What drugs are you taking??? Lucas OUT....seriously...have you been watching the last couple of weeks...
and Hocking seriously mate.

OUT: Slattery...please drop him and NLM
IN Watson and Mc Veigh

If TB comes in, Hooker may need to be dropped..
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Would like to see Houli, Myers and Hurley get a run. These guys are our future ! We have to get some games into them and based on their recent performances they deserve it.

Possible outs, Dyson, Licha (looks very tired) , Monfries inured
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

hillchaser wrote:Would like to see Houli, Myers and Hurley get a run. These guys are our future ! We have to get some games into them and based on their recent performances they deserve it.

Possible outs, Dyson, Licha (looks very tired) , Monfries inured
Winderlich was one of our best on Friday night. He'll play.