Is it time to try and get something for Laycock?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Is it time to try and get something for Laycock?

Post by robbie67 »

reimers_37 wrote:i am sick of laycock, we have put up with him 4 too long.
he does not deserve 2 be an afl player.
i dont mind keeping a player and waiting 4 them to develop them if they actually try and put it hard work.
laycock is just along 4 the ride!
he always pretends to try!!!
if you ever watch him closely you see him pulling out of contests all the time, he might have a chance to spoil and he just jogs over trying 2 make out his running hard and flings his arm @ the ball so it looks like he made an effort. maybe he could get a job as an actor? :wink:

anyway a guy lyk courtney johns who we kept for a while, he actually was very determined, tried hard in games and worked hard off the field putting in extra training. the problem with him was he had serious hip injuries which prevented him from reaching his potential.

i dont know why laycock is still on our list???
he is injury prone and doesnt have the heart needed to play footy!
trust me he is one player who will never turn into a star no matter what club he is at!
Good opinion post. Please remember that writing is different to texting.
reimers_37
Top Up Player

Post by reimers_37 »

yeah sorry guys, im used to too much texting and msn. will try to write better in future. feels weird though, like im writing a school assignment :? ...bad habits
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

reimers_37 wrote:yeah sorry guys, im used to too much texting and msn. will try to write better in future. feels weird though, like im writing a school assignment :? ...bad habits
That is ok...just remember it is pass or fail...fail and you end up having to do lines...

I wl nt use sms speek n i wl use good granma n lrn 2 spl... :wink: :shock: :lol:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Keep him. Put it this way, we would love to have him fit at the moment coz the truth is, you cant bank on having your 2 best rucks running around in every game. Laycock is a depth player who could give us a competitve edge when injury strikes (as it always does with us!!!)
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Laycock was Bendigo's leading goalkicker for 2 years in a row i think (im pretty sure it was around the 30-40 mark as well). Maybe that could be an option for him now that Ryder is growing as a ruckman.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Laycock was Bendigo's leading goalkicker for 2 years in a row i think (im pretty sure it was around the 30-40 mark as well). Maybe that could be an option for him now that Ryder is growing as a ruckman.

Permanent Full Forward at Bendigo? :wink:
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

robbie67 wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:Laycock was Bendigo's leading goalkicker for 2 years in a row i think (im pretty sure it was around the 30-40 mark as well). Maybe that could be an option for him now that Ryder is growing as a ruckman.

Sounds good to me :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Who's gonna be the new EFC whipping boy if he goes? Thats the most important question IMO.

Slatts, NatRat and McPhee look like the front runners for the gig.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

robbie67 wrote:

=D> :lol: =D> :lol: =D> :lol:
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

haha permanent full forward for the Essendon reserves more than likely, i think Bendigo might be dead after this year.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:haha permanent full forward for the Essendon reserves more than likely, i think Bendigo will be dead after this year.
Fixed for you Mrs M.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

In 2-3 years we will probably not have the services of Lloyd and Lucas. Assuming he can ever get back on the park Laycock will be very handy.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Assuming Laycock can get over years of inuries and learn how to tackle, chase, run, mark, handball and kick he will be could be a very handy addition to the team one day.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Jon Anderson seems to think that Laycock's rucking days are over (lets face it, there is a lot of stress on the feet in ruckwork) and that he is being considered as a replacement for Lucas (especially as Gumbelton's future is unknown - and even if he got to playe every game next year - he is still effectively a first year player who will be somewhat raw)...

Interesting

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

sti dreams wrote:Jon Anderson seems to think that Laycock's rucking days are over (lets face it, there is a lot of stress on the feet in ruckwork) and that he is being considered as a replacement for Lucas (especially as Gumbelton's future is unknown - and even if he got to playe every game next year - he is still effectively a first year player who will be somewhat raw)...

Interesting

Cheers - STI
Jon Anderson's opinion means nothing... Nothing