The continuing impressive Mr Knights

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: The continuing impressive Mr Knights

Post by Crazyman »

Yes, he has been very impressive in his fronting the media...no games, no shenanigans, just cold hard facts coming from a considered and well thought out process...

Gives players a chance to work on deficiencies without leaving them feeling useless, stupid, out of place etc...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

A great level headedness about Knighta (although he does look like he gets a bit emotional in the coaches box when goals are going against us). Nevertheless he is thoughtfull and considered in his response to media questions and displays a maturity that belies his experience
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

I like emotion because players quickly pick up on it. We need to play with emotion and let emotion hit us when we don't do well and be allowed to expend emotion when we do do well.

More power to Knighta and what I think is a very well groomed group of assistants and support staff.

GO BOMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

bomberflyer wrote:I like emotion because players quickly pick up on it. We need to play with emotion and let emotion hit us when we don't do well and be allowed to expend emotion when we do do well.

More power to Knighta and what I think is a very well groomed group of assistants and support staff.

GO BOMBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wasn't that long ago that you wanted him replaced by Choco....
Essendunny
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

Knighta hasn't done anything as yet, but there is obvious improvement. I think it can be underestimated the work of the coaching group as a whole with the likes of Hamilton, Campo, O'Donnell, Richardson, Prescott and Hickmott. But, I see a bit of Neil Craig in Knighta in that he is never content with the status quo, always seems to be trying to get something out of each game or some extra improvement from some where.

After review and what I have seen from Choco in the last month, I'm not sure any Club would want him. He might need a spell I reckon.

But, the jury will be out until post-Round 22. We should play finals because our run home isn't that bad. Not with half rate powered Port and Hawthorn trying to take our position in the 8.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

bomberflyer wrote:Knighta hasn't done anything as yet, but there is obvious improvement. I think it can be underestimated the work of the coaching group as a whole with the likes of Hamilton, Campo, O'Donnell, Richardson, Prescott and Hickmott. But, I see a bit of Neil Craig in Knighta in that he is never content with the status quo, always seems to be trying to get something out of each game or some extra improvement from some where.

After review and what I have seen from Choco in the last month, I'm not sure any Club would want him. He might need a spell I reckon.

But, the jury will be out until post-Round 22. We should play finals because our run home isn't that bad. Not with half rate powered Port and Hawthorn trying to take our position in the 8.
The thing that doesn't worry me that much though is whether we actually play finals this year.
We're not going to win the lot this year, so even if it comes along in two or three years, I would rather get our game plan right now, get out players fit and strong now, so that in two or three years when our 'premiership window' opens, we are ready to smash straight through it.
I am just enjoying watching our lads develop as individuals and as a team. :D
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

It's a great ride. Just lovin" it!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

bomberflyer wrote:Knighta hasn't done anything as yet, but there is obvious improvement. I think it can be underestimated the work of the coaching group as a whole with the likes of Hamilton, Campo, O'Donnell, Richardson, Prescott and Hickmott. But, I see a bit of Neil Craig in Knighta in that he is never content with the status quo, always seems to be trying to get something out of each game or some extra improvement from some where.

Yes, the supporting coaches are great. But who assembled them? Knights sought Prescott, Richardson and Hamilton and he kept Gazza and Campo on board. He also convinced Simon Madden to come back to the club. Whichever way you look at it, Knights has turned around our footy department from a clear joke to something that has potential to creating success.

Oh, and lets not forget who was responsible for getting Stuart Cormack on board either....
Essendunny