Sorry Scotty but it is over!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Doctor Strangelove
Top Up Player

Sorry Scotty but it is over!

Post by Doctor Strangelove »

Sorry to say it but the career of a great Essendon champion is over. Too slow, too cumbersome and has lost leading skill. Bye Bye Scotty ! :oops:

Hurley is the answer in the forward line, until Neagle and Gumbleton show something!
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Re: Sorry Scotty but it is over!

Post by boncer34 »

Has been very good since coming back from Bendigo. Ok played a shocker tonight but he's allowed the odd bad game. Throws in a couple more like this before the end of the season and it'll be all over. But lets not close the door just yet.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Think this is just a frustrated, rushed post. I totally disagree. Last week he was fantastic, you can't jump on him for having one game. He has been consistent the last few weeks against Carlton, Collingwood & Sydney. Not over yet!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Here we go again. One poor game and the last 3-4 weeks are forgotten.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Yeah....

It's the same old names that come up after a loss.....

McPhee.....

Slattery.....

NLM if he was playing....

now Lucas.

No mention of Hooker being smashed by Hahn?

Where was McVeigh?

How did Alwyn Davey go?

Ah well, we gotta throw the knives at someone I suppose.
Essendunny
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BenDoolan wrote:Yeah....

McPhee.....

Slattery.....

now Lucas.

Where was McVeigh?

How did Alwyn Davey go?

BD. You still dont think Slattery's garbage? What the hell does this guy have on you?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote:

McPhee.....

Slattery.....

now Lucas.

Where was McVeigh?

How did Alwyn Davey go?

BD. You still dont think Slattery's garbage? What the hell does this guy have on you?
Not sure mate, I still can't see what some of you are on about.

What is it, a shit kick here, a crap handball there, a free kick here? f*** mate, everyone does it.

I recognise crap performances when I see them, but are you telling me he was crap tonight? How? How many goals did his direct opponent kick?

Just looking at his disposal efficiency (trying to determine if he did perform crap statistically), he had 15 disposals at 73% efficiency and one clanger. His efficiency rate was better than McPhee, Lovett, Lloyd, Lucas, Watson, Reimers, McVeigh and Dyson. 16 other players had more clangers on the night than Slattery.

I know he looks unfashionable. An ugly duckling almost. But just because he doesn't play back pocket like Gavin ******* Wanganeen, doesn't mean he isn't effective.
Essendunny
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

I think we'll have to agree to disagree BD or this could go on for several pages. :lol:

I know he's not Wanganeen and I dont expect him to be but I believe the guy is a spud. You know me BD, I dont usually rip the players. But Slatts? I just close my eyes every time he gets the ball.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

BenDoolan wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

McPhee.....

Slattery.....

now Lucas.

Where was McVeigh?

How did Alwyn Davey go?

Not sure mate, I still can't see what some of you are on about.

What is it, a shit kick here, a crap handball there, a free kick here? f*** mate, everyone does it.

I recognise crap performances when I see them, but are you telling me he was crap tonight? How? How many goals did his direct opponent kick?

Just looking at his disposal efficiency (trying to determine if he did perform crap statistically), he had 15 disposals at 73% efficiency and one clanger. His efficiency rate was better than McPhee, Lovett, Lloyd, Lucas, Watson, Reimers, McVeigh and Dyson. 16 other players had more clangers on the night than Slattery.

I know he looks unfashionable. An ugly duckling almost. But just because he doesn't play back pocket like Gavin ******* Wanganeen, doesn't mean he isn't effective.
He still gets given an "efficient" handball for giving it to a team mate under pressure. Stats hide how ordinary Slattery is.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote:I think we'll have to agree to disagree BD or this could go on for several pages. :lol:

I know he's not Wanganeen and I dont expect him to be but I believe the guy is a spud. You know me BD, I dont usually rip the players. But Slatts? I just close my eyes every time he gets the ball.
Ah well, then I understand it's simply a matter of "whipping boy" syndrome. I've got my tendencies, which has been well documented in here I guess :wink:
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Scotty has lost all the speed he had. He wasn't able to slip away from Williams today who had no problem keeping up with Scotty. The delivery wasn't great either.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BenDoolan wrote:
boncer34 wrote:I think we'll have to agree to disagree BD or this could go on for several pages. :lol:

Ah well, then I understand it's simply a matter of "whipping boy" syndrome. I've got my tendencies, which has been well documented in here I guess :wink:
It's not whipping boy from me BD. As Rob says stats hide how truely horrible he can be. The turnover he cause when giving it to Hooker tonight counts as an effective disposal. Would you truely count that as an effective disposal? Because I'd put it down as a clanger.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robbie67 wrote:
He still gets given an "efficient" handball for giving it to a team mate under pressure. Stats hide how ordinary Slattery is.
That's true Rob. But that can apply to all other players on the stat sheet as well. They are only indicators - not necessarily "facts".

I look at our defence as a unit, and I am pretty happy with their performances - Slatts included.
Essendunny
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

BenDoolan wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
That's true Rob. But that can apply to all other players on the stat sheet as well. They are only indicators - not necessarily "facts".

I look at our defence as a unit, and I am pretty happy with their performances - Slatts included.
I think he and McPhee are the two weak links. The rest of the defence is very good.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

It's not whipping boy from me BD. As Rob says stats hide how truely horrible he can be. The turnover he cause when giving it to Hooker tonight counts as an effective disposal. Would you truely count that as an effective disposal? Because I'd put it down as a clanger.
As I said to Rob, every player on the stat sheet is assessed in the same manner. Unless you pull apart every single player's actually disposal and the next passage of play, you are stuck with the "disposal efficiency" on the sheet. Just like the clanger count.

You've isolated one incident. Fine. Were there any others during the game that were caused by other players?
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robbie67 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
robbie67 wrote:

I think he and McPhee are the two weak links. The rest of the defence is very good.
From tonight, it was Hooker though.

It's a personal matter - I understand that. They frustrate the crap out of a lot of supporters. They do frustrate me also at times. But tonight, I wasn't concerned by either of them. Perhaps it was because I was frothing at the mouth at 3 utter fcksticks in yellow...
Essendunny
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Shouldnt give up on Scotty just yet. Before last night he had probably been our most dangerous forward over the past month. Lets hope he tears the Tigers apart next week!!

I dont know why everyone throws the knives at Slattery, yes he isnt the most skillful or quickest player in the side but his courage is unquestionable. The way he puts himself in the fierce contests in the back 50 is sensational.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Given that Scotty will not be part of our next premiership tilt (2-3 years likely) I suspect that Scotty is aware that this is likely to be his last year.

As he is not the difference between the EFC winning the flag or not this year - he should play out the year - and be feted for being the champion he is!

That what a real club does.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Great last week against an old slow team, shit against a younger, quicker team.
I'd love to see him play on next year, but I think it would be best if he didn't, 1. so we can put someone young up foirward and 2. so that we don't get this every 2nd or 3rd week.

BD I think you're a bit harsh on Hooker. He was only on Hahn for 1 goal, maybe 2. Everyone seemed to have a go and get beaten by him in the second half.
Hooker's work around the ground when he was in the ruck was very good I thought, particularly at the stoppages before the ball was cleared - game high for tackles (9, next best of anyone 6) in only 49% game time.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

j-mac31 wrote:Great last week against an old slow team, shit against a younger, quicker team.
I'd love to see him play on next year, but I think it would be best if he didn't, 1. so we can put someone young up foirward and 2. so that we don't get this every 2nd or 3rd week.

BD I think you're a bit harsh on Hooker. He was only on Hahn for 1 goal, maybe 2. Everyone seemed to have a go and get beaten by him in the second half.
Hooker's work around the ground when he was in the ruck was very good I thought, particularly at the stoppages before the ball was cleared - game high for tackles (9, next best of anyone 6) in only 49% game time.
Yeah i feel the same. Lloydy is still playing well enough to continue but i think Lucas may hang up the boots at seasons end. With guys like Neagle, Gumbleton, Daniher, Laycock and even Hurley capable of playing forward i think its time we give the younger guys (who will be part of our next premiership campaign) the chance to impress in the forward 50.

I still hope that Scotty finishes the year strongly though!! =D>