Ladder Predicter

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Ladder Predicter

Post by Doctor Fish »

Don't know if this has been posted previously. Apols' if it has. I have us finishing 9th with the Dawks taking 8th by one game...

See how you guys go...

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/fun_n_game ... ct2009.asp

:-k
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: Ladder Predicter

Post by swoodley »

I had us finishing 7th (but I may have been a tad optimistic as I only had us losing to St Kilda) :shock:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

There are a few threads around and it changes every week depending on results...

Last time I did it, we were finishing 6th but IMHO that is very optimistic and more likely will be 7th or 8th...

Hawks played well against the Filth :evil: :twisted: (don't know whether to be happy cause Filth lost or upset cause Dawks are now level with us again...). but their run home is horrendous and Ports is worse than our run home also...

Therefore, I still think the 8 will remain as is and most likely in the order it is but time will tell...
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

I can't see any scenario where Hawthorn makes it. I see us coming 7th with Port 8th and surprisingly Carlton missing out. Mind you, I've underrated Carlton all season in tipping.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

11 wins plus percentage could get you there. A part from the two standouts - and then the bulldogs - you can throw a handkerchief over 4th to 10th in terms of where the teams are at.

My 8:

Saints
Cats
Dogs
Pies
Lions
Crows
Bombers
Hawthorn

Carlton will win only two more against North and Melb. To me them and Port are the worst sides out of the 10. I have tipped us to win 4 out of the last 6 - with losses against the Saints and Hawthorn in Round 22 to get the Hawks into the 8.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I had us finishing 8th... 3 wins clear of PA. Hawthorn were a distant 10th. vingertje
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

1 St Kilda
2 Geelong
3 Collingwood
4 Western Bulldogs
5 Adelaide
6 Brisbane Lions
7 Essendon
8 Carlton
9 Port Adelaide
10 Hawthorn
11 Sydney
12 West Coast
13 Melbourne
14 Kangaroos
15 Richmond
16 Fremantle
It just fell out of the sky
Lenni
Top Up Player

Post by Lenni »

Well hubby and I have them coming in at eighth, but my nine yr old Essendon obsessive son did one and had us coming in 4th! We explained to him that that would be extremely unlikely, but to be quite honest, and I don't believe in a million years that it will happen, but his predicitons weren't too far fetched considering, he only picked 3 upsets really.... Oh to have the optimism of a 3rd grader again. :D Let's all hope he's right :wink:
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Lenni wrote:Well hubby and I have them coming in at eighth, but my nine yr old Essendon obsessive son did one and had us coming in 4th! We explained to him that that would be extremely unlikely, but to be quite honest, and I don't believe in a million years that it will happen, but his predicitons weren't too far fetched considering, he only picked 3 upsets really.... Oh to have the optimism of a 3rd grader again. :D Let's all hope he's right :wink:
haha thats too cute Lenni!!! We should all have his optimism... stranger things have happened in a footy season!! :)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

sorry guys, got us finishing 9th. But somehow have Brisvegas, Port and Adelaide in positions 6-8
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Windy_Hill wrote:sorry guys, got us finishing 9th. But somehow have Brisvegas, Port and Adelaide in positions 6-8
Either you are the pessismist we all knew you were or your predictor must be broken Windy :wink:
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

I had Ess coming 7th (with losses to St KIlda and Bris)

Adding another loss (either Freo or WCE) I had us at 8th - a game and percentage clear

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I guess its all upside for me if my predictions dont eventuate :lol: