One Down

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

One Down

Post by DYSON#2 »

One down, two to go.

Collingwood done us a favour in giving carlton a touch up. just need Geelong to beat hawthorn, Adelaide to beat port and hopefully we can go 4 points clear and level with carlton. =P~ im excited
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Re: One Down

Post by boncer34 »

We gotta get over the Tuggers first.

BTW if we beat them by 111pts + we have a better percentage then Carlton. :D
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Great to see Carlton thrashed. Unfortunately, though, their draw from now on isn't really that hard and so it's pretty certain they will still make the 8. It's really only 8th place up for grabs, between us, Port & Hawthorn. So we really have to barrack hard for the Cats and the Crows this weekend... AND (even more importantly!) make sure we beat the Tigers ourselves.

As it happens, a lot of the sides in or around the 8 play each other in the final weeks, so the teams with the best late season form are going to do the best. Interestingly, this also means the bottom sides play each other too, which will make it difficult for them to tank! Interesting times ahead...
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Filthy wrote:We have no control over games and events beyond our own.

We control our destiny. The equation is simple. Keep winning and we play finals. For example if we don't win tomorrow we don't desrve to play finals.
Not and we don't and don't deserve to, seeing as though we only need 4 out of the 6 to do so.
Yep i agree. We shouldnt underestimate the Tigers... they have a pretty good team on the park and are capable of playing some good football (last weeks first half against the Roos for example) so our boys will have to make sure they turn up and play at their best. Hopefully the competition for spots will spur the boys on to play their best!
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

We have a couple of weeks where we can 'fly under the radar' - Sunday game against Ninthdom and a trip across the Nullabor to play Wet Toast. Two wins are expected and required.

We win these and we are pretty safe - Two big wins and we are almost there.

We then come back to the Dome and play Brisbane without Bradshaw.

Our destiny is in our own hands.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I thought we played Fremantle next week :shock: I only saw today we have the Eagles. Hopefully Kerr and Cox will still be out and Freo knock out Lynch and LeCras. West Coast will be much tougher than Fremantle.
Splodge
Top Up Player

Post by Splodge »

That's Hawthorn buggered. :D
Carlton Football Club - Surely a contradiction in terms?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

hop wrote:We have a couple of weeks where we can 'fly under the radar' - Sunday game against Ninthdom and a trip across the Nullabor to play Wet Toast. Two wins are expected and required.

Subiaco has not been a happy hunting ground but with all the Sandgropers in our squad these days I am sure they will be keen to put on a show for their friends and family. Still, I am not sure we can win both games coming up at Subi but if we do - we can look forward to a finals appearance
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
hop wrote:We have a couple of weeks where we can 'fly under the radar' - Sunday game against Ninthdom and a trip across the Nullabor to play Wet Toast. Two wins are expected and required.

Subiaco has not been a happy hunting ground but with all the Sandgropers in our squad these days I am sure they will be keen to put on a show for their friends and family. Still, I am not sure we can win both games coming up at Subi but if we do - we can look forward to a finals appearance
Wouldn't say Subi has been a fortress under Knights. We beat Dockers last year and pushed Eagles there so we play well on the wide ground over there. Watching the Derby at the moment and if we don't win both games in the next 6 weeks we will never!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Splodge wrote:That's Hawthorn buggered. :D
haha what a match....!!! Geelong are certainly brave thats for sure.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Are Hawthorn gone yet? I wouldn't say so.

Port and Hawthorn play next week and the loser will definitely be gone, assuming that Port lose tomorrow.