Winda- I am now worried!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Doctor Strangelove
Top Up Player

Winda- I am now worried!

Post by Doctor Strangelove »

Jason Winderlich is one one favorite players but I am bemused by his interview with MMM.

He showed no concern or disappointment. It was very "by the way"!

Licha even suggestive the Coach was not upset. How can that be?

Given the occasion our worst defeat in years and we can't get ourselves up.

While Licha was not arrogant , he did not seem to understand the gravity of the teams ineptitude today. The team should have been breathing fire!
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Re: Winda- I am now worried!

Post by tonysoprano »

i don't like the sound of this at all. if the coach is not angry at that performance then he shouldn't be the coach.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Agree. I've just watched Knights' press conference and he wasn't angry enough. Jesus christ guys, you just threw your chances of making finals down the fking toilet to the equal bottom team with some of the most inept shit served up in a long time. Wake the fk up.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Perhaps they are just looking at it realistically like me :) This year has been a success more than anyone could have expected, in the short term we are all devastated and depressed that might not make finals, but to Knights I'm sure he'd be disappointed with today but its all about development and the future and boy have we developed and is our future bright. Not sure on Winders being a bit "arrogant" as you coined it but I think the players should hurt more than the coach. So I agree there. But just playing devil's :evil: advocate :lol:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Who gives a flying ferk how they present for the presser? It's what they do behind the scenes with the ******* whip in hand and the cat-o-nine tails.
Essendunny
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Agree. I've just watched Knights' press conference and he wasn't angry enough. Jesus christ guys, you just threw your chances of making finals down the fking toilet to the equal bottom team with some of the most inept shit served up in a long time. Wake the fk up.
Finals chances hanvet gone yet... we are still in 8th spot. Hawthorn lost and PA were smashed by the Crows.... there is still hope. I hope the boys coming out firing against the Eagles next week. Im expecting a few changes to the side as well...

McVeigh and Reimers should make way for Lonergan and Houli.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i just heard him talking on fox news saying it's now up to the team to "earn their spot in the 8" nothing wrong with that i say, we havn't heard him talk to much and he could be the ultimate optimist, who knows
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

My beef is with players sharing a laugh with the opposition straight after the siren sounds. The way Reimers was hugging and joking with Tiger's players, you'd think he was on the winning side. Got a bit to learn IMHO...

:evil:
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Doctor Fish wrote:My beef is with players sharing a laugh with the opposition straight after the siren sounds. The way Reimers was hugging and joking with Tiger's players, you'd think he was on the winning side. Got a bit to learn IMHO...

That is definately not a good sign... they should have been hurting after that loss. Where is the pride in wearing the mighty red and black these days??
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Doctor Fish wrote:My beef is with players sharing a laugh with the opposition straight after the siren sounds. The way Reimers was hugging and joking with Tiger's players, you'd think he was on the winning side. Got a bit to learn IMHO...

Reimers was probably laughing at how much of a smartarse he has become. This lad needs to get real about his footy and stop trying to be a show pony.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Reimers = Trade Bait
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I'm genuinely shocked at the ferocity of the Reimers-bashing by people in this forum.

He was injured all pre-season. The whole lot. And for the first 10 weeks of the year. There's no way he could possibly be fit, and yet I reckon he's been more than servicable since he came back.

He was our best first year player last year by the length of the straight and he is one of the best kicks in the squad. Trade bait? Get real.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Staggy wrote:I'm genuinely shocked at the ferocity of the Reimers-bashing by people in this forum.

He was injured all pre-season. The whole lot. And for the first 10 weeks of the year. There's no way he could possibly be fit, and yet I reckon he's been more than servicable since he came back.

He was our best first year player last year by the length of the straight and he is one of the best kicks in the squad. Trade bait? Get real.
I'll grant you there must be concessions made on lack match fitness for Kyle, but its just some of the things I've seen over the last few weeks makes we wonder where is head is at. He just seems to have done some very silly things in matches that have not only caused a goal not to be scored but a score from the opposition. I am coming from the perspective that he is a very good player and is capable of playing at a very high level. Perhaps I should be more patient with him as you suggest. Perhaps its just a reflection of him not having his instinctive game brain working because of lack of match fitness.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Staggy wrote:I'm genuinely shocked at the ferocity of the Reimers-bashing by people in this forum.

Top post Staggy...he kicked a couple of goals yesterday that helped keep us in the game.

Before you all bag him, remember a few things:

1. He got two more goals than the combined total of our "supposed" crumbing small forwards Davey & Monfries

2. He kicked those goals when Stanton missed similar shots

3. We've all loved his mongrel and individualism and yet now when the team struggles, he becomes a lair and should tone down...get some perspective people.

And as for those of you who advocate dropping him, he has played at a level that will keep him in the team and he is one of the few players on our list who provides the grunt that you have all be moaning about not having yesterday.

And as for trade bait....morons....other clubs would be knocking our door down to get him.

End of rant :evil:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Not bashing him Staggy. Had no problem with his game, as you say, he's missed a shiteload of footy. Just didn't like how lightly he took the loss. The fans left the ground bleeding. He should know this...

Agree he's definitely not trade bait. In a couple of years, he could be one of those Didak-esque types IMHO. Kinda' what we need at the moment. Just hope our more idiotic Essendon supporters (And we have plenty of them...) give him a chance to live up to his potential. Not referring to anyone on here of course...

:wink:
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Windy_Hill wrote:Reimers = Trade Bait
No way... with a full pre season under his belt next year Reimers is going to be a very important player for us. He has that bit of grunt and even arrogance that we need in the team. Things usually happen when he is around the forwrd line.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Didn't we all love his antics vs Carlton last year. Wonder whats changed. :roll:
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

=D> =D> =D>
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Reimers will come good next year after a full pre-season. He hasn't been too bad this year considering he didn't play until the 2nd half of the season. Too mnay are comparing his form this year to that of last year which is a bit unfair.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

What rubbish!!!!

As for Winder, I heard his comments on the radio, he didn't seem upset at all which is suprising for the amount of effort he usually puts in. It was like he didn't believe we lost. Then to say that he didn't expect them to put on so much pressure and im like "are you kidding, this is AFL, not under 15's"
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!