Im joining in the chorus

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Im joining in the chorus

Post by DC »

For the first time ever I am singing along to the tune of...Its time for Scotty to retire.

dude cant even mark the ball consistently anymore. He is a shadow of his old self and doesnt seem to be capable of returning to form. Coped the bronx cheer today when he finally took a mark.

Lloyd is not far behind either...he just cant kick goals like he used to. Looks for frees still.

The L & L show is over. Changing of the guard. Bring in Neagle and Gumby when fit.

Maybe even throw Hurls up front and ring in Daniher to play down back.

Either way there is no room for both Scotty and Lloyd. I much prefer Neagle over those 2.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Re: Im joining in the chorus

Post by paddyl90 »

Yeh unfortunately I think it's time for Scotty. Been fantastic for so many years but he just isn't the same. I hope Lloyd stays another year or two just to help develop Neagle and Gumby. But Scotty I think it's time...as much as it pains me to say it. Lloyd, Lucas & Fletcher are my last players who have been there since I began watching the bombers in 1997.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Welcome to April. In other news, the economy isn't going great, Heath Ledger's dead, and Knights is coaching us instead of Sheedy.
Last edited by jimmyc1985 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Jumped the gun I think...
Lucas tries his guts out and will probably retire at the end of the year... time catches up with everyone... Thanks Lucas for the memories...
As for Lloydy - has become a soft c... Needs to htfu...
Makes far too many excuses...Yes I know he was injured today...
Has been a very average Captain and was such a champion previously...
As i said Not even close to being in Sir James league as far as Captain...
Needs to get out of the media and concentrate on being a footballer again not a show pony...
I am sorry that it has come to this Matty but you need to do the right thing by the club and let someone who has the guts and determination take over the role... CLONE HIRDY Please minus the injuries...

Then again prove me wrong...
Have a good look at Reiwolt for St Kilda...
He use to sook and make excuses but Have a good look at him now...
Is 1 of the main reasons for their success this year...

Makes things happen!!!

Bag me if you want but sometimes the Truth hurts I am afraid...
Just my honest opinion...
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I thought Scotty worked damn hard today, he wasn't the only one to drop easy marks. 2 bad weeks after a pretty good month but he wasn't alone today.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Welcome to April. In other news, the economy isn't going great, Heath Ledger's dead, and Knights is coaching us instead of Sheedy.
:mrgreen:

Sometimes, sarcasm (even at the expenseof others) is the best medicine.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

LOL...yes very funny jimbo...

but I am always willing to give champs of this club the maximum chance to come back esp after a big injury like Scotty had.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

robrulz5 wrote:I thought Scotty worked damn hard today, he wasn't the only one to drop easy marks. 2 bad weeks after a pretty good month but he wasn't alone today.
Yeah i agree, yes Lucas has lost his speed and kicking power it seems but he has been our hardest working forward over the past month. Until Neagle shows something i think Lucas should play the season out in the seniors. He tends to like Subiaco and the Eagles as well ;)
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

I am confused......Why does it seem that everybody jumps on Scotty's back as soon as we lose? Watching the game today, at least I noticed him playing, unlike our captain up forward who you could be forgiven for thinking he has not played in up to 7 games this year. I think Lloyd is getting off very easily IMO, because all the blame seems to go on Lucas. Don't give me this crap about Lloyd being injured either, there has been plenty of games this year where he has been fine injury wise and has ABSOLUTELY NO INFLUENCE ON THE GAME!!!!
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

There are two things I'd do for Scotty to prolong his career.

1) Have blokes deliver the footy to him out in front so that it doesn't give the backman an opportunity to get a fist in.
I agree that he definitely should not have dropped the two sitters - Scotty plays on confidence and kept getting ball after ball above his head and smashed away by the bloke/s who were playing on him. He needs to be confident that his team mates will deliver the ball to him out in front of his eyes - not above them.

2) Please, please, please, please, please, PLEASE!!!! Will someone at the club tell him to take a longer run up when having a set shot for goal!!!!! This business of coming in off 7 steps is just crazy. He has lost all the power, penetration and accuracy which made him deadset bankable from 55m out!!! I would have had Scotty take the last kick to win the GF by a point from 50 out over anyone else at the club 4-5 years ago (yes, Lloyd included!!!). There are two things which have changed since then - Scotty's age and his run up.

If, though, at the end of the season his time is up, he'll be lauded as a great player for our club. I just hope the wobbles he has at the moment don't continue for what's left of his career, however long that may be.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

He's still trying hard which is great, but he is just too slow now.
:(
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.