Most angry you've been since....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Madden
Club Captain

Re: Most angry you've been since....

Post by Madden »

I was pretty angry after the loss in the Hird/Sheeds tribute game. This one definately topped it though.

Being at the game was horrible. I was screaming to myself in my car all the way down Hoddle St.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

JumboPaddy wrote:It's funny I used to be the biggest sore loser in the world....how times have changed. Last time I was angry after a loss was.... I actually don't remember being livid angry! Maybe Richmind game round 9 last year!

I just found it amusing today that they play all desperate when its too late! Anyway on to next week :)
I wa slike that as well for a while... because we had so much success in the early 2000's when i really started getting into footy i couldnt stand any loss. The past few years in particular have helped me get over that! Im not angry as such over the loss.... just bloody annoyed that we let such a good chance to cement a finals spot go. Richmond had a pretty good team out there today and were playing some decent footy.

Roll on next week... fingers crossed the game plan and team selection is right.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

JumboPaddy wrote:It's funny I used to be the biggest sore loser in the world....how times have changed. Last time I was angry after a loss was.... I actually don't remember being livid angry! Maybe Richmind game round 9 last year!

I just found it amusing today that they play all desperate when its too late! Anyway on to next week :)
I want your anti-depressants. Must be stronger than mine.
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

I was more embarrassed than angry. Was such an awful performance. I'm still fuming from the North loss. Add 8 premiership points to our total right now and we would look great.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

...and I HATE and DETEST Losing to those WEAK BASTARDS from SA in the CROWS.NEVER Happened in Melbourne under SHEEDS.That's TWICE now MATHEW! :evil:
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Yeah, that Sheeds/Hird game would be hard to top.
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

I'm actually trying to see a positive out of yesterday's game - I'm not all that disappointed, to be honest. (Yeah, it sucks to lose - but this is different, I hope!)

This will be strange - and you probably won't agree with me on this one - but losing yesterday is going to have a better impact than what it would have if we had have got up in the last minute.

We just didn't deserve to be in that game yesterday - lack of hardness at the ball, lack of numbers at the contest, woeful skills. Plain and simple, Richmond wanted to win that game more than what we did. We thought we could simply turn up - footy doesn't work that way, unless you're St. Kilda or Geelong (coz they're THAT good!)

Watching the game, you'd have to question whether Knights really did his homework and what he's really thinking sometimes. So many times we got the ball to the middle of the ground or half forward and flatly refused to kick the ball into the forward line. What made matters worse was that there were no leading forward in many of the passages of play. What kind of team doesn't have leading forwards when you get the ball to half forward? I could go on and on and on about this but it won't change the result of the game.

Full credit to Rawlings and Richmond - they put the Essendon Football Club to shame yesterday.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Malky wrote: Watching the game, you'd have to question whether Knights really did his homework and what he's really thinking sometimes. So many times we got the ball to the middle of the ground or half forward and flatly refused to kick the ball into the forward line. What made matters worse was that there were no leading forward in many of the passages of play. What kind of team doesn't have leading forwards when you get the ball to half forward? I could go on and on and on about this but it won't change the result of the game.
I agree with this 100%. I've been saying it all year - we have absolutely no system going forward.

Even in the games that we have won, there was no system. Anzac Day we got lucky. The first and second games against Carlton we were pulling goals out of our arses all day.

Watch St.Kilda play. They always have a system. The half backs run the ball to the midfielders, who kick it to a leading Riewoldt 55-60m out. He either has a shot or delivers it to Kozi / King / Gardiner deep in the forward line - and if they don't mark it then they always have Schneider / Milne at their feet ready to crumb. This system (or some derivative of it) would deliver probably 70% of their goals.

We don't have any system whatsoever. We look fantastic coming off half back and through the midfield but by the time we get to 70m out its just kick and hope to whoever happens to be in the forward 50 at the time.

It's a major major concern. It is going to be an even bigger concern in a year when Lloyd and Lucas are retired and if Gumbleton and Neagle don't come on.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

grassy1 wrote:...and I HATE and DETEST Losing to those WEAK BASTARDS from SA in the CROWS.NEVER Happened in Melbourne under SHEEDS.That's TWICE now MATHEW! :evil:
The Crows areplaying some pretty decent footy this year though. It was a great game to watch (i was at the game) fast paced and a heap of goals scored. It was disappoionting to lose it in the end but the Crows are certainly a possibly top 4 candidate this season.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I tend to think we played 'em into Form,Mrs M.Sure,they won a couple before,but their BREAKOUT Game as an ATTACKING side probably cane with us 1st. #-o
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

grassy1 wrote:I tend to think we played 'em into Form,Mrs M.Sure,they won a couple before,but their BREAKOUT Game as an ATTACKING side probably cane with us 1st. #-o
Yeah thats a good point. I cant believe Tippett kicked 8 that day.... just as bad as Riewoldt on the weekend. :?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

robrulz5 wrote:
bpdons wrote: A few years back we lost to (then) bottom of the ladder Richmond in James Hird's farewell game in Melbourne.
That's the one for me.
Me too.

JP get your head checked.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.