Well Done Muppets

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Well Done Muppets

Post by robbie67 »

For the second week in a row, you lot didnt show up with a final place on the line. Hang your heads in ******* shame. Dont give me the bullshit excuse of the "kids running out of legs" either. Only 3 weeks ago, we thumped Sydney. The fact of the matter is Essendon didnt show up with the required intensity when it mattered the most. This season has been a complete ******* waste of time. No finals, and no draft pick. We dont have anyone in the side who can steady us when required. We have the exact opposite problem Carlton does. It's our top 6 thats just about the worst in the comp.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Well Done Muppets

Post by Jazz_84 »

Matthew Knights needs to ask each individual if they want to play for the EFC again. if they don't have absolute passion then f*** him off i don't care who it is... i seriously don't anymore
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Spot on. Our top 6 are a ******* mess.

Arseholes.
Essendunny
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Jazz_84 wrote:Matthew Knights needs to ask each individual if they want to play for the EFC again. if they don't have absolute passion then f*** him off i don't care who it is... i seriously don't anymore
Today was horrible....Now for some controversy I am ready to see one B Stanton offered around come trade time. Given the No 5, should be producing more, we NEED him to be producing more. He has the ability but sadly I think he's gone backwards this year in a year where others have stepped up.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

bombercol wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:Matthew Knights needs to ask each individual if they want to play for the EFC again. if they don't have absolute passion then f*** him off i don't care who it is... i seriously don't anymore
Today was horrible....Now for some controversy I am ready to see one B Stanton offered around come trade time. Given the No 5, should be producing more, we NEED him to be producing more. He has the ability but sadly I think he's gone backwards this year in a year where others have stepped up.
He had a case of the McFumbles today, couldn't hold onto the ball at all.

2 games in 2 weeks where we should have won, finals on the line and we lose. Simply not good enough.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

As well as Stanton you can add Mcphee to a trade option as well.
It just fell out of the sky
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

auditor wrote:As well as Stanton you can add Mcphee to a trade option as well.
It would be a huge steal if we get something for McPhee.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

auditor wrote:As well as Stanton you can add Mcphee to a trade option as well.
McPhee? na i think he starting to become solid again.... great marking target
Kakadu Kangaroos
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

You may have point there Jazz. He surely must play forward then a lot more.
It just fell out of the sky
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Definitely agree

Stanton, McPhee, NLM, Slattery, Nash to be traded - try to get a second round draft pick (top 25)

As for our top 6 - this has and will be our problem for a while due to abysmall drafting in 2001-2004

However, going forward we have real stars in the making with Ryder, Pears, Zaharakis, Dempsey and Hurley.

I still think Myers, Gumbleton, Houli have great futures and will come good

Lonergan, Reimers, Hocking, Hooker, Daniher, Neagle, are all steady and can improve

Watson, Winderlich, Hille, McVeigh, Davey, Lovett and Welsh are all solid to strong(when not injured)

Fletch is Fletch

Its adios time for Lloyd and Lucas I am afraid.

Free up some salary cap and maybe make a play for a couple of ready made recruits - offer Stanton, McPhee, Lovett-Murray, Slattery, Nash
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

that i'll agree on
Kakadu Kangaroos
canberrabomber
Top Up Player

Post by canberrabomber »

An insipid and pitiful 'effort' even considering it was possibly the worst side selected this year.

I don't think the year has been a complete waste - yet, but it will be if we lose the last four games badly, which we will if we select the same or similar team and demonstrate the same lack of endeavour.

More worrying is if Lloyd retires at the end of the year or at the least hand over the captaincy - who would we give it to??

Some players will be offered for trade, although I wouldn't be expecting much; teams will be reluctant to give up high draft picks given the draft will be compromised for the next 5 years or so. That is asuming you are delusional enough to think the players suggested in this thread would obtain anything of value. They'll either be delisted or more likely kept as 'depth'.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

If Lloyd and Lucas both go -it'll free up a shit load in the salary cap.

There wouldn't be too many on our list you'd be tripping over yourself to offer big pay rise in order to keep them - as most of our 'potential' guns have been signed up.

We need a CHF and we need a genuine crumbing forward. We also nee a ruckman - but with Hille and Laypenis due back next year this might be O.K.

Is it time to wave some bucks around - and if so who do we target?
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

I cant believe you all got sucked in.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I have said the following before on this board and got shouted down. I have enjoyed our year and we have played some good footy. But people have been going on as if it has been an unqualified success. It hasn't. The following things have not happened this year;

Hille becoming a top-line ruckman;
Gumbleton coming on;
Neagle playing regularly;
Houli. Jetta and Laycock establishing themselves in the seniors;
McVeigh and Welsh establishing themselves as elite players;
McPhee, Lovett-Murray establishing themselves as reliable senior players.

and thats to name a few.

There have been some positives though, I'll grant you. But as far as our win loss record goes: we are now 8 wins 10 losses. Two games this year (Anzac Day and the first Carlton game) we were extremely lucky to win. Let's say, hypothetically, that we lost both those games (and that's entirely possible, in hindsight). We would be 6 wins 12 losses. Is the season still a success? Is Knights still a genius?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

9th position is flattering us at the moment. Have not won two games in a row, and all we are doing is costing us a top 5 pick, of which we will surely waste again.

Shouldn't have been so close to finals to begin with, too many "hangers on", need to make some hard decisions on Lloyd, Lucas, McVeigh (discipline) and Stanton.

Wont be seeing finals for at least another 2 years after this one.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

I can't f****** believe how the last two weeks have panned out.

Shit me. It's f****** Richmond, and f****** West Coast.
There have been some positives though, I'll grant you. But as far as our win loss record goes: we are now 8 wins 10 losses. Two games this year (Anzac Day and the first Carlton game) we were extremely lucky to win. Let's say, hypothetically, that we lost both those games (and that's entirely possible, in hindsight). We would be 6 wins 12 losses. Is the season still a success? Is Knights still a genius?
It's the old story Staggy. We could have beaten Richmond if we got a lucky free kick in the last handful of minutes, Could have beaten Adelaide if they didn't pull goals out of their asses. Could have beaten the Dogs if we didn't get bent over by the umps. You can judge Knights on results, or team development, or game style, but it's hard to judge a season's successfullness or otherwise, or his performance specifically, on ifs and buts.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

It's the OLD STORY Dom.

COUDDA,WOUDDA,SHOUDDA!
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Most of what I have been thinking has already been posted in here. What a terrible two weeks. Losing to two bottom dwelling teams when a finals place is at stake.

Some of the major concerns:
- Skill level. How can you miss a clear target with no pressure by 10 meters?
- Goals from direct turnovers, and a lot from senior players. Must be a high number.
- Forward line is dysfunctional. No crumbers, no structure.
- Small forwards playing up the ground i.e. Monfries. I though he had a good game, but what use is he as a forward if he is not kicking goals?
- Inside 50 delivery is absolute rubbish.
- Senior players not delivering and coughing the ball up too easily. Welsh, Lucas, NLM, Mcphee. WTF is wrong with Welsh, he was fantastic for two games after returning and now can't hit a target.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

danstar84 wrote: Forward line is dysfunctional. No crumbers, no structure.
- Small forwards playing up the ground i.e. Monfries. I though he had a good game, but what use is he as a forward if he is not kicking goals?
- Inside 50 delivery is absolute rubbish.
Agree 100% with these three points.
Can anyone tell me, do we actually have a FORWARD COACH?
If so, who is it? Sack him now. If not, why not?