Knights is smart?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Knights is smart?

Post by Jazz_84 »

does Knighta know we can't do shit come finals so we actually tanked to make WC give up priority pick so we get 1 place higher? haha im trying to figure out WHY!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
stryper
High Draft Pick

Re: Knights is smart?

Post by stryper »

Exactly We were Not meant to tank.
It was suppose to be them...
A joke of a side at the moment...
Don't even start with come and build a cauldron for next week.
Not interested until they grow some Balls...
What a wasted year...
So much potential and dished up this shit...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

We've had no f***'n leadership for weeks. Lloyd has been a shitbox for most of the year. Lucas is only a 5 o'clock shadow of his former self. McVeigh has been a f***'n little piss ant all season. No-one has stepped up to take a leadership role whatsoever. It has been our young kids week in and week out who have performed above expectations. Now some of them are dropping off intensity (which can be excused). But the seasoned bastards have been half hearted in their efforts most of the season.

Robbie is right, our top 6 players are the worst in the competition.
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

bottom line is we are better then this and all supporters expect/deserve better then this...
Kakadu Kangaroos
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The players deserve every bit of grief they are given this week.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

robrulz5 wrote:The players deserve every bit of grief they are given this week.
Do they actually get it or feel it though Rob?

If ever they were going to come out prepared to put their head over the ball, gut run, support each other and do the 1%ers it was today. What we go served up was the same piss week stop/start, fumbling, bumbling ineptititude that charaterised our game against Richmond.

Did we have anything on the line today......?

F**king disgraceful - and next week will be no different.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

The whole team should be lined up and subjected to Victim Impact Statements - thats us supporters being the victims of some pretty dire footy

These guys need feel the heat and reminded of their obligations as an Essendon Footballer.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

hop wrote:

If ever they were going to come out prepared to put their head over the ball, gut run, support each other and do the 1%ers it was today. What we go served up was the same piss week stop/start, fumbling, bumbling ineptititude that charaterised our game against Richmond.

They musn't feel it. If they did they would have come out firing today after last week. If we play like this next week Brown will kick 15.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

hop wrote: If ever they were going to come out prepared to put their head over the ball, gut run, support each other and do the 1%ers it was today. What we go served up was the same piss week stop/start, fumbling, bumbling ineptititude that charaterised our game against Richmond.
Spot on, hop. Basically, we played like we didn't give a rats, two weeks in a row!!
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

robrulz5 wrote:
hop wrote:

They musn't feel it. If they did they would have come out firing today after last week. If we play like this next week Brown will kick 15.
Yep - and Bradshaw will make a triumphal return with a dozen.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

No. He isn't. Quite honestly our "fast and exciting" style has disintegrated into a nervous, short, soft, cheap, gutless form of netball.

We are f*****. We will not win another game this year (even the Shockers will have a day out against us) and our season will come to nought, and we will go backwards again next year. Guaranteed.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

This is along the lines of my conspiracy number 2. Number 1 being Knights to Richmond and players are in chaos.

It could be like this. Knights "plan" wasnt to play finals this year but to be ready to make a huge surge next year. I.e. we werent going to make a dent on it and with no Hille it would be deleterious to the young teams psyche to be thrashed in finals. The senior players are extremely pissed with this as they realise they are near their career ends. This has caused a chasm between the players and the coach and explains the complete lack of desperation we have seen.

Hello .....

If we were good enough to get to where we got by round 16 then why the hell wouldnt any finals experience stand the team in good stead for the future. The way we played in Sydney was outstanding, we took it right up to St Kilda and thrashed Carlton (who will play finals), we were competitive against Collingwood and beat them on ANZAC , we've beaten Hawthorn, and been in the run with Adelaide the Dogs. The only team that has really thrashed us was Geelong. I think we could have possibly got past the first final has we retained the form.

Why the blazes did Lonergan and Hocking not play last week ?

Essendon supporters are crying out for a finals campaign and they've blown it either by design (as per this post) or they really arent good enough.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

MH_Bomber wrote:This is along the lines of my conspiracy number 2. Number 1 being Knights to Richmond and players are in chaos.

It could be like this. Knights "plan" wasnt to play finals this year but to be ready to make a huge surge next year. I.e. we werent going to make a dent on it and with no Hille it would be deleterious to the young teams psyche to be thrashed in finals. The senior players are extremely pissed with this as they realise they are near their career ends. This has caused a chasm between the players and the coach and explains the complete lack of desperation we have seen.

Hello .....

If we were good enough to get to where we got by round 16 then why the hell wouldnt any finals experience stand the team in good stead for the future. The way we played in Sydney was outstanding, we took it right up to St Kilda and thrashed Carlton (who will play finals), we were competitive against Collingwood and beat them on ANZAC , we've beaten Hawthorn, and been in the run with Adelaide the Dogs. The only team that has really thrashed us was Geelong. I think we could have possibly got past the first final has we retained the form.

Why the blazes did Lonergan and Hocking not play last week ?

Essendon supporters are crying out for a finals campaign and they've blown it either by design (as per this post) or they really arent good enough.
The simple fact is they don't want it bad enough.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

MH_Bomber wrote:
given how this season is ending i hope this is right, but i also hope the pissed off senior players get over it by next year and run with the rest of the team to make this surge!

although 22 players out there trying to win regardless of possible agenda's
Kakadu Kangaroos
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Jazz_84 wrote:bottom line is we are better then this and all supporters expect/deserve better then this...
I dont think we are better than this, I just think we played above ourselves for most of the season, hence why we couldn't win two games in a row. Average teams win two in a row, and we aren't even average.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Rossoneri wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:bottom line is we are better then this and all supporters expect/deserve better then this...
I dont think we are better than this, I just think we played above ourselves for most of the season, hence why we couldn't win two games in a row. Average teams win two in a row, and we aren't even average.
time for a reality check you think? do we need to step back a bit in order to take 2 steps forward?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Jazz_84 wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:
time for a reality check you think? do we need to step back a bit in order to take 2 steps forward?
How much further back to we have to go? We went backwards in Sheedy's last 3 years, made some progress last year before injuries hit, now this year has actually been disappointing. Can not win two in a row (only done it once) and have zero leadership aside from Watson and Ryder.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

well yeah ive said a couple of times this year, i can't see where our next premiership will come from and thats truer today then it ever has been this year
Kakadu Kangaroos
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

tonysoprano wrote:No. He isn't. Quite honestly our "fast and exciting" style has disintegrated into a nervous, short, soft, cheap, gutless form of netball.

We are f*****. We will not win another game this year (even the Shockers will have a day out against us) and our season will come to nought, and we will go backwards again next year. Guaranteed.
This post just about sums up everything that needs to be said.

We've lost the last 4 and there wasn't a single sign out there today or last week that shows we should be within a bull's roar of the remaining 4 teams we have to play.

The performances over the last 2 weeks are evidence enough that the players and the coaching staff have no desire to play finals football - certainly not this year and unlikely for a few years to come.

Mr Knights: Please develop a game plan, a backup plan and a backup for the backup plan. Devise a forward line structure - try by starting your full forward on the goal line and tell him to lead up the ground. That's your basic blueprint - work other methods into this.

Please, stop giving us momentary glimpses of brilliance followed up by weeks of consistently disgraceful 'football'.
Rover 7
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover 7 »

No.
The team is playing just like the coach played.Flashy and exciting one week dissappearing the next.
Did that all his career.
Bye,bye.