I Love

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Re: I Love

Post by bombercol »

Shouldn't the cream rise to the top?

Only Jobe Watson and Fletcher were prepared to get their hands grubby where the rest of Our more experienced players like Stants, McPhee, Welsh fumbled and turned over and kept looking for the kids to do all the work.

They couldn't manage that today where other weeks with the brilliance of Lovett, Gus and Ryder they've been able to.

It's crunch time if we're gonna move forward next year.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote: Take Watson and Stanton out of it.
Ahh so we'll leave the bloke who had a broken leg and wasn't expected to be back this year and has only played 5 games averaging 21 touches before today in the list and the bloke who admittedly had a massive brain implosion but has played only 7 games this year mainly on one leg if you watch him closely.
Absolutely.

McVeigh has been a shit sandwich all year. Where is that passion - fist thumping his jumper stuff this year? Welsh has been a massive disappointment in these massively disappointing losses. No excuses, and that's all they are, about injuries and the like. Prismall comes back from an ACL and plays with more professionalism and G & D than Lloyd, Lucas, McVeigh and Welsh have combined.

Fact.
Essendunny
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

BenDoolan wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Ahh so we'll leave the bloke who had a broken leg and wasn't expected to be back this year and has only played 5 games averaging 21 touches before today in the list and the bloke who admittedly had a massive brain implosion but has played only 7 games this year mainly on one leg if you watch him closely.
Absolutely.

McVeigh has been a shit sandwich all year. Where is that passion - fist thumping his jumper stuff this year? Welsh has been a massive disappointment in these massively disappointing losses. No excuses, and that's all they are, about injuries and the like. Prismall comes back from an ACL and plays with more professionalism and G & D than Lloyd, Lucas, McVeigh and Welsh have combined.

Fact.
Totally agree.

McVeigh should be booking in surgery if he's still on one leg. His example as a senior player for our younger brigade to look up to has been crap. McVeigh needs to decide what he really wants.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BenDoolan wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Absolutely.

Fact.
Yep. Its now a fact. Injuries dont affect performace. Not one little bit.
Lol, turn it up BD.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Once you cross the white line you're 100% fit to play.

I know I sound like a dick but experienced boys such as Welsh and McVeigh should know this....and so should the club.

If their crook they don't play and allow another "fit" player an opportunity for the good of the club.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

bombercol wrote:Once you cross the white line you're 100% fit to play.

I know I sound like a dick but experienced boys such as Welsh and McVeigh should know this....and so should the club.

If their crook they don't play and allow another "fit" player an opportunity for the good of the club.
Agree 100% with the second and third lines.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote:Yep. Its now a fact. Injuries dont affect performace. Not one little bit.
Lol, turn it up BD.
So the selfish shits take the field knowing that they can't give 100%? Well that's ******* worse. They jeopardised a real chance of making the finals by playing hurt. That's not leadership, that's a disgrace.
Essendunny
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

I simply cannot make any comparison between the team that played this week and last week and the team that smashed the bulldogs in the second quarter three weeks ago.

What happened? Have we run out of steam? Is the pressure of a finals appearance getting to us? Is there some sort of unrest at the club?

I can't work it out at all - the guys don't seem to be playing for each other or the coach anymore.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

andrewb wrote:I simply cannot make any comparison between the team that played this week and last week and the team that smashed the bulldogs in the second quarter three weeks ago.

What happened? Have we run out of steam? Is the pressure of a finals appearance getting to us? Is there some sort of unrest at the club?

I can't work it out at all - the guys don't seem to be playing for each other or the coach anymore.
I'm starting to believe that there is unrest amongst the senior blokes. They may not like what they'll being told or the way they're being coached or treated. Whatever it is, they can get stuffed if they are having a sook. Their limp efforts have been quite noticeable the last few weeks. It doesn't appear to affect Dustin Fletcher who just goes about his business like a true champion. So the others must either turn up an show that they mean business, or just hand in their locker key and piss off.
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

yep im almost convinced there is unrest at the club... its been reported recently but never researched... and im sure it's because knights has told people to back off the question... there is definately something going on
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Nothing knee jerk here, Bonce. We've been disgusting the last two weeks.

I was fuming last week, and am just deeply disappointed this week. I honestly thought we'd left this sort of crap (terrible skills, poor decision making, lack of structure particularly up forward, limp-wristed attitudes, looking decidedly slow etc) we regularly served up from 2005-2008 behind us this year, but it's resurfaced with a vengeance in the last two weeks. And worst of all, the players nor the coach don't seem to realise just how poor they've been. They should be apologising for the last two weeks, but instead, they're talking as though they were just 'regulation losses' to good quality teams. It's pathetic and horrendously disappointing in the context of the first 15 weeks of the season.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

When I first heard it, I thought reports of unrest and also reports of Knights considering the Richmond job were both garbage. But now I'm not so sure. There has to be some explanation for why we have come out so FLAT two weeks in a row. Kind of reminds me of what happened when Sheedy's non re-appointment was announced. We really dropped our bundle for the next few weeks then and now we seem to be doing the same.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Won inside 50s 50-49 & could only score 68.

Even Tiges/Dees inside 50: 53-47 scored 86-82.
Port/Dawks inside 50: 46-57 scored 121-103 (with Buddy kicking 2.7)
Nth/Scum inside 50: 43/49 scored 84-94.
Dogs/Freo inside 50: 61/48 scored 111-80.
Cats/Ade inside 50: 49/44 scored 93-91.
Syd/StK inside 50: 45/51 scored 93-94.
Filth/Lions inside 50: 57/39 scored 95/55.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Royza: It helps if we have a target. It is one thing to get it inside 50, it's another thing to get it inside 50 with a plan.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

I Love ... how every person who visits this forum feels the need to start a new topic with a different headline ... but saying exactly the same thing. :roll: :lol:
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Must've missed the other topics saying people need to settle down amongst all the other negative crap............
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

Knee jerk reaction...you are kidding me arent you. They have played some great footy this year and we have been fortunate to witness some great development. But the last two weeks has been so disappointing. We have taken 2 big steps backwards and lost a lot of credibility we had gained......
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Absolutely.

Fact.
Amen.
BenDoolan wrote:
andrewb wrote:I simply cannot make any comparison between the team that played this week and last week and the team that smashed the bulldogs in the second quarter three weeks ago.

I'm starting to believe that there is unrest amongst the senior blokes. They may not like what they'll being told or the way they're being coached or treated. Whatever it is, they can get stuffed if they are having a sook. Their limp efforts have been quite noticeable the last few weeks. It doesn't appear to affect Dustin Fletcher who just goes about his business like a true champion. So the others must either turn up an show that they mean business, or just hand in their locker key and piss off.
Hallelujah.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

boncer34 wrote:Must've missed the other topics saying people need to settle down amongst all the other negative crap............
Good on you Bonce. I think our fans have lost touch with reality a little...

Faark... Sure we stink at the moment, but blimey! Whine whine whine... The bloke behind us on Level 2 at the Richmond game was pushing his luck. Felt like giving him a flying lesson... Some of our supporters are out and out sooks. Not referring to anyone on here of course... Again...

:mrgreen:
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Doctor Fish wrote: Good on you Bonce. I think our fans have lost touch with reality a little...

Faark... Sure we stink at the moment, but blimey! Whine whine whine... The bloke behind us on Level 2 at the Richmond game was pushing his luck. Felt like giving him a flying lesson... Some of our supporters are out and out sooks. Not referring to anyone on here of course... Again...

:mrgreen:
JumboPaddy likes this.