Delistings

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Delistings

Post by bomberflyer »

With the loss last week - and to me it appears we've run out of gas (especially Paddy after his stirling effort in the ruck this year) - that is in hindsight best for the Club if we miss out of finals this year. I know that will come with much criticism, but what are we going to do when we actually get there. It is clear we are paddling. I hope we don't make it - and the players walk away knowing we are still a long way away from being the next premier. We don't want to get there and get smashed like a Port and sh*t ourselves for the next two years (because it wasn't expected).

WRT delistings I would like to propose potential delistings/retirements/trades at the end of the year.

Some of mine for any of the above reasons are:

Lucas
Atkinson
Houli
Jetta
Myers
Nash
Williams

Thoughts??
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Re: Delistings

Post by paddyl90 »

I think Houli & Jetta should stay but I feel for Houli as I don't think he's had much of chance to show himself, instead being crucified for not having good defensive skills on his opponents. Jetta, god he was good last year! He is just mr fumbles now. Shadow of his first season. Myers went high in the draft too, don't think we seen much of him either. No issues on the others. Sure people want to add Laycock to that list :wink:
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

is Lucas in this group anymore seeing as Knights has come out and given Lloyd, Fletch and Lucas reigns to their own destiny
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Don't think we will delist too many this year. Houli, Jetta and Myers should absolutely not be delisted. With compromised drafts in the next few years, we need to keep a hold of players with potential.

All three have been unlucky at times to not get a game, as they have been performing well at Bendigo.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Geez, Laycock doesn't get a mention yet Houli, Jetta and Myers do?

You know Jason Winderlich and Rick Dyson? Those guys are playing pretty well this year. They've been in the system for six and seven years respectively. Now, given what you've seen from Houli, Jetta and Myers after two years, how do you think they'll be going after six?

Houli is a good player that's getting a lesson. Jetta will only be traded if he wants to go home. Myers has clearly been struggling with something.

Delist - definitely: Nash, Atkinson
Delist - maybe: Laycock, Williams
Retire: Lucas

Shit draft with no depth.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Some people think that if a player has been playing 2nds footy, their careers are finished. Some players are sent there to work on their game and come out at the other end a much better player. Houli will come out a much better player. I have my concerns about Jetta though. He's as timid as they come. Still, he has time on his side.

Now, you will see no better compliment to Ricky Dyson than not seeing his name appear on anyone's list of delistings. He has shown that someone can do an about face with their career and become a valuable contributor to the team. I gave up on him at the end of last year. I am happily eating humble pie at the moment.

I'd rather wait until the end of the season to make any further comment on this topic. Although, I would think that Scotty will hang up the boots at the end of the season. I can't see his body handling the pace of the game anymore - sadly.
Essendunny
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

f*** me, some people are impatient f****!!!

If a high draft pick doesn't come on like a Joel Selwood or Daniel Rich and people are looking to give them the arse after 2-3 seasons. Complete and utter f****** joke!!!
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

ealesy wrote:f*** me, some people are impatient f****!!!

If a high draft pick doesn't come on like a Joel Selwood or Daniel Rich and people are looking to give them the arse after 2-3 seasons. Complete and utter f****** joke!!!
Hear hear ealesy...

Also on Chook, he can only be traded if another club wants him cause he is contracted to the end of next year so you can take him of the 'delist' category...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

sorry I dont mean to piss all over your post but seriously?????

Houli, Myers, Jetta????? You have to be kidding
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Windy_Hill wrote:Image

sorry I dont mean to piss all over your post but seriously?????

Houli, Myers, Jetta????? You have to be kidding
Spot on.

BTW where did you get the pic of Whitnall?
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Enough said...
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

We'll have to delist 4 or 5.

Atkinson
Nash
Lucas
Magin

not sure on the 5th. Possibly Laycock.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

Laycock has another year on his contract that is why I didn't included him.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

The talk of delisting Nash seems to me a little premature. I still think he is a much better player than Slattery.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Staggy wrote:We'll have to delist 4 or 5.

Atkinson
Nash
Lucas
Magin

not sure on the 5th. Possibly Laycock.
John Williams... hasnt done enough in the games he has played for Bendigo this year. Atkinson might be worth persevering with though.

I dont think many of our rookies will survive a second year except for Bock and Quinn.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

robbie67 wrote:The talk of delisting Nash seems to me a little premature. I still think he is a much better player than Slattery.
The coaching staff and selection panel obviously disagree with you Rob as he hasn't been able to crack it for a game even with all the injuries we've had. Reports I've read on bomberblitz tend to show that he hasn't been doing much with Bendigo either.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:
robbie67 wrote:The talk of delisting Nash seems to me a little premature. I still think he is a much better player than Slattery.
The coaching staff and selection panel obviously disagree with you Rob as he hasn't been able to crack it for a game even with all the injuries we've had. Reports I've read on bomberblitz tend to show that he hasn't been doing much with Bendigo either.
I think he's suffered some chronic shoulder problems this year and has missed a significant part of the season. Not entirely sure though.
Essendunny
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Atkinson and Williams look to be in trouble.

Jay Nash seems to be so far down the pecking order I expect we might try and trade him and delist if we can't get anything.

It's a shame that Laycock still has another year to go because with Ryder doing so well on the ball and being super creative, Laycock is surplus to our needs. Depending on how much $ he's on might determine whether its worth chopping him.

Jetta to me is a big worry, his attitude and want to make it happen......but I expect we'll keep him. If the club has any ? I expect he might be shopped around and traded for the right price otherwise we keep him.

Houli has been unlucky he hasn't played more games and I think would be in our best 22 come round 1 next year.

Myers has a lot of ability and I wouldn't want him anywhere but here for now.

I was only talking to someone yesterday about players like Goddard, Craig Bolton, Gibbs ...these type of players. A lot of them took a good few years to get the confidence and to learn their stuff in the big time and now they are elite players for their respective teams so we need to give these boys that are showing good things a chance to shine, get rid of them and another club will benefit from our hard work.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Williams is a project player. Doubt he would be delisted just yet, especially given the doubt over Neagle and Gumbleton. Although I guess they may not keep both Williams and Still (in which case Williams would go).
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

For me Nash is one of the most disappointing players I've seen come through Essendon. I remember his early games when he was hitting 40 metre passes lace out and I remember his first goal in footy was a 55 metre drill at the MCG (Think thats the first one he kicked) for me a bloke with his kicking skill should be getting a game and racking up possies at a club like ours who is in desperate need of someone who can hit a target lace out time and time again. I say keep him but it appears he'll be gone.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.