Spikes story

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
hop
Club Captain

Re: Spikes story

Post by hop »

Will be watching Spike very closely tonight.

Actions are always louder.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

This explains a lot. Thanks for posting, Filthy!

Time to pull the stick out, Spike, and tear 'em a new one!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

When I began reading this article I thought "FFS, HTFU and get on with it!" But as I continued to read I began understanding Spike's flaw is to wear his heart on his sleeve - as he always has done. I can understand how this has affected him, and I am impressed with the support that others have given. None more so than Kevin Sheedy who went out of his way to visit him with Tom Hafey. Lets not forget Sheeds in this manner. He may write some ordinary articles these days that may appear self absorbing, but his willingness to help players when they needs it most, is heart warming.
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

good article, and good to see he bleeds the Red and Black stuff! hope he plays a blinder tonight, we'll need him too!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
JimboC
Top Up Player

Post by JimboC »

Blokes like spike are a rare commodity.

He is hugely important to this club and the direction it's taking, probably one of the best footy articles i've read this season.

He's all heart and soul is that number 10.
The Watson Factor....
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I agree BD, I'd wish he'd stop whingeing and do something about it and stop living in the past. Like others, I will be expecting a massive game from him tonight after the article today, everything is on show. Think it puts more pressure on himself now.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Go for it Spike, have a outstanding game & lead the young guys to a great win. The rest of the senior players need to support him big time as well.

Memo to Lloyd as i have mentioned before, stay away from a microphone & newspaper reporters. Or at least put your brain into gear before saying anything.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

HTFU.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

JumboPaddy wrote:I agree BD, I'd wish he'd stop whingeing and do something about it and stop living in the past. Like others, I will be expecting a massive game from him tonight after the article today, everything is on show. Think it puts more pressure on himself now.
Stop talking, start producing...be a true professional.
Step 1 is to recover from injury, including the behavioural one.
Step 2 is to get match fit
Step 3 is to perform up to the standards you continue to imply when you talk about the EFC.

I hope he has a blinder for this last month.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Sorry, I dont buy it. The guy has hardly been through hell and back. He got caught breaking team rules and feels guilty and embarassed. How about getting over it and stop being a overblown sook.

Never been one of my favourites and I am obvioously going to take a hit from the feral pack in here for saying this....

I reckon all this bleeding red and black bull shit is mainly for show. Its contrived and comes across as saccarine, flimsy and popularity seeking.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Windy_Hill wrote:Sorry, I dont buy it. The guy has hardly been through hell and back. He got caught breaking team rules and feels guilty and embarassed. How about getting over it and stop being a overblown sook.

Never been one of my favourites and I am obvioously going to take a hit from the feral pack in here for saying this....

I reckon all this bleeding red and black bull shit is mainly for show. Its contrived and comes across as saccarine, flimsy and popularity seeking.
I agree Windy, but I am not as intelligent as you to write a sentence like that :lol:
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Windy_Hill wrote:Sorry, I dont buy it. The guy has hardly been through hell and back. He got caught breaking team rules and feels guilty and embarassed. How about getting over it and stop being a overblown sook.

So what are you basing that on?
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

The time for talking is over for McVeigh and Lloyd. How about shutting the f*** up and winning us a game?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Ossie wrote:

So what are you basing that on?
See Robbie's comment above
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Interesting and sometimes ascerbic thread re: McVeigh at BB.

http://www.bomberblitz.com/forum/index. ... 51673&st=0
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

he isn't quite match fit by the looks but he definitely did everything he could last night! hope he is back to his normal self now
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Good move making him acting Captain. Even won the toss!!! Sooking or not, he obviously has taken this badly but will snap out of it.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

How quickly we forget how good he has been the last couple of years.

He hasn't had a preseason and has basically been working himself ragged to find form.

As for this HTFU nonsense, get a f****** clue. If he was any harder he'd cut diamonds. It is a blight on our society that we so easily discount such things as emotional and mental pressure and how they physically effect us. It quite literally kills people. It took enormous courage to even admit the issues he's been having.

Windy, I have to say that for all of his faults on thing Spike ihas never demonstrated is dishonesty. I believe he does bleed and balck and have never seen anything to indicate otherwise.

I cannot wait to see him back at his best.

I also think it is further indication of just how good Knighter is. To have the sense to get him away from the AFL indicates a great wisdom.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Sismis wrote:As for this HTFU nonsense, get a f****** clue. If he was any harder he'd cut diamonds. It is a blight on our society that we so easily discount such things as emotional and mental pressure and how they physically effect us. It quite literally kills people. It took enormous courage to even admit the issues he's been having.
He got suspended for 1 game after a late night and missed training session, then sooks around like he's had a career-ending injury or done something of NRL player proportions. Admits that he and Lloyd played shit against the Bulldogs because of what was in the paper.
Unacceptable. Move on.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

j-mac31 wrote:He got suspended for 1 game after a late night and missed training session, then sooks around like he's had a career-ending injury or done something of NRL player proportions. Admits that he and Lloyd played shit against the Bulldogs because of what was in the paper.
Unacceptable. Move on.
How is he "sooking around"? If anything he is trying too f****** hard. I wish we had a few moer at the club who cared that much.