All That We Proved Tonight

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

All That We Proved Tonight

Post by robbie67 »

Was that we pissed away our season the previous two weeks. We ******* deserve what happened to us tonight. No one to blame but ourselves. It makes me even more sick.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: All That We Proved Tonight

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

The endeavor was there but unfortunately a costly turnover cost us the 4 points tonight... any chance that the Shockers can knock over Port Adelaide in Perth tomorrow???? :?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

doesn't matter we can't win our last 3 anyways
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Where was that endeavour the previous two weeks? ******* amatuer turn it on when we please bullshit.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Jazz_84 wrote:doesn't matter we can't win our last 3 anyways
You dont think we can beat Freo in Perth??? I think we have a very very good chance of knocking off the Hawks as well in round 22.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

oh no we can bet freo i meant we can't will all 3 which is what we need... we COULD beat Hawks but beating St Kilda is just silly thinking to be honest... even though we play ok against the saints in recent times
Kakadu Kangaroos
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

The fact we were in a position where we had to is a ******* disgrace.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Jazz_84 wrote:oh no we can bet freo i meant we can't will all 3 which is what we need... we COULD beat Hawks but beating St Kilda is just silly thinking to be honest... even though we play ok against the saints in recent times
hmmm i may have to barrack for Carlton against the Power next week. :P If other results go our way we are still a mathematical chance... our 2 extra points tonight put us ahead of the Hawks which must help surely.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

robbie67 wrote:
The fact we were in a position where we had to is a ******* disgrace.
yeah exactly, whats happened from this week from the previous weeks? does it take us this long to realise whats at stake? that should be known round 1 dammit!!!!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

...is that we can dominate extended periods of a game and not put an opposition away - and continue to play dumb handball handball handball shit no matter how much pressure we are under or where the ball is on the ground.

ropeable. again.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

Have to agree Robbie 100%. We wasted our last 2 games prior to this one tonight.
It just fell out of the sky
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

I disagree - we proved a lot of things tonight ...

1. The maggots hate us
2. Media darling coaches can bully the AFL rules committee (but for one side only)
3. Hurley and Pears are going to be champions
4. We can't milk the clock
5. Fletch is amazing

Though there is some vague chance of making the 8, We are going to end up about where we deserve ... 8 (more likely 9th)-11th.

I just hope the kids learn from the missed chances (the two earlier in the season ... and the last 3 weeks) and I hope they feel the hurt cos it's the only way they'll learn

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Very true Rob.You could tell within the first two mins that we had come to play. If we had turned up the previous two weeks we would be comfortably in the 8.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

How we played determined the result. When we played well in patches tonight Brisbane couldn't touch us. When we started playing poorly we gifted them goals. Brisbane didn't have to work too hard for their goals tonight which really pissed me off.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

.....Junk time goals continue to plague us.

How many again last night?
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

sti dreams wrote:I disagree - we proved a lot of things tonight ...

1. The maggots hate us
2. Media darling coaches can bully the AFL rules committee (but for one side only)
5. Fletch is amazing

Cheers - STI
1. agree.... whens the last time we got more 50/50 free's then opposition?
2. agree.... but didn't really come into affect last night i thought but thats more to do with Pears then umpires
3. agree.... dead set superstars in a couple of years!
4. agree.... yeah true that we snuffed it big time last night, simplest part of AFL id say
5. agree.... words can't explain how good this man is! Hird last night said best FB in last 15 years... and id say he's right!
Kakadu Kangaroos
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Jazz_84 wrote:
sti dreams wrote:I disagree - we proved a lot of things tonight ...

1. The maggots hate us
5. Fletch is amazing

Cheers - STI
1. agree.... whens the last time we got more 50/50 free's then opposition?
2. agree.... but didn't really come into affect last night i thought but thats more to do with Pears then umpires
3. agree.... dead set superstars in a couple of years!
4. agree.... yeah true that we snuffed it big time last night, simplest part of AFL id say
5. agree.... words can't explain how good this man is! Hird last night said best FB in last 15 years... and id say he's right!
I would have thought manning up was easier but we can't do that either.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

So when did Brisbane all of a sudden become easy beats???

No one has mentioned how well we did to get into a winning position against a pretty well credentialed opponent.

So we learn from this game and in the future will close out a match far more effectively. Hey I am disappointed that we didnt win as well but lets put things into context. We are not losing anyhting by not making the finals - seriously, everyone will talk about the experience but hey, our guys are playing bigger matches against Collingwood and Carlton during the home and away compared to some pissy elimination final at AAMI stadium. We are not ready for finals and frankly I would rather be well prepared to make an assualt on the Top 4 next year than simply make up the numbers this year.

Nope, I can see some real positives coming out of ysterday's games including improvement from Houli and Reimers as well as a solid effort from Quinn. I wrote in another post that these Houli and Reimers had been my biggest disappointments of 2009 so it is good to see both lads making up for lost time.

Neagle again scored goals although he has to go from cameos to dominating games. Still, he seems to get 2-3 goals everytime he goes out to plays so its not hard to imagine that he could easily step up to 3-4 goals a game anf becom a 70+ goals a year forward

Yes we blew our lines yesterday but fear not, this season was always only going to be a dress reheasal
brad
Top Up Player

Post by brad »

Windy_Hill wrote:So when did Brisbane all of a sudden become easy beats???

No one has mentioned how well we did to get into a winning position against a pretty well credentialed opponent.

So we learn from this game and in the future will close out a match far more effectively. Hey I am disappointed that we didnt win as well but lets put things into context. We are not losing anyhting by not making the finals - seriously, everyone will talk about the experience but hey, our guys are playing bigger matches against Collingwood and Carlton during the home and away compared to some pissy elimination final at AAMI stadium. We are not ready for finals and frankly I would rather be well prepared to make an assualt on the Top 4 next year than simply make up the numbers this year.

Nope, I can see some real positives coming out of ysterday's games including improvement from Houli and Reimers as well as a solid effort from Quinn. I wrote in another post that these Houli and Reimers had been my biggest disappointments of 2009 so it is good to see both lads making up for lost time.

Neagle again scored goals although he has to go from cameos to dominating games. Still, he seems to get 2-3 goals everytime he goes out to plays so its not hard to imagine that he could easily step up to 3-4 goals a game anf becom a 70+ goals a year forward

Yes we blew our lines yesterday but fear not, this season was always only going to be a dress reheasal
I disagree and think that it is terribly sad that Brisbane will be playing for 4th position next week against the Dogs. Last week they were flogged by Collingwood (and lost to them at home), they let Carlton beat them twice were flogged by 100pts down in Geelong and were just damn lucky Geelong rested half their side to allow them a cheap win at the Gabba against them the second time around. Port comfortably beat them at AAMI so really they've just won the games they should have. Beat the Dogs in the lead up to the finals or the Saints in the finals and I'll then think they're a good side. If not for their home ground advantage adn reasonably comfy draw they'd be 7th-8th at best.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

brad wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:So when did Brisbane all of a sudden become easy beats???

... they've just won the games they should have.
Which is something we havent been able to do all year