anyone to come in for saints game?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Hopefully lovey.

Surely T-Bell or Hooker for relief for Paddy. Surely he cant take on both Gardiner and King alone. He didnt even ruck alone against Brissy. We cant have NLM rucking against eithet o those 2 either.

Who would be dropped though??

Alot guys who came in really showed something like Quin, Atkinson and Houli.

But I would take out quin for Lovey.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
danstar84
Club Captain

Re: anyone to come in for saints game?

Post by danstar84 »

Lovey would be straight back in.

Daniher kicked 5 for Bendigo, and Jetta was in the best again. Looks like they may go with Natrat as backup ruckman again. Could go either way, he will be much better around the ground, but we will struggle with hitouts. Need to rove to the opposition when he is in the ruck. TBell would be a consideration again. Don't know if Welsh is right, but he should not be an automatic inclusion.

Hard to drop anyone. I think the worst performed player has actually been Davey. He is good without the ball, but has been fumbling and running over it for the last month or so.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Will be interesting to see what we do with our forward line this week. Hurley and Neagle looked good up there. Daniher kicked 5 last weekend, and Lloyd and Lucas mustn't be far off, although form wouldn't make either an automatic inclusion.

I don't want to see Welsh come straight back in. We have looked a lot better when we have played fully fit players, as our game plan demands it. We cannot afford to carry a few blokes who are not good to run out the game, especially against the saints.

Davey is another that would have to be looked at in my opinion. Hasn't been doing much lately, and maybe it's time for Jetta to get another crack after getting in the best a lot in the twos.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I reckon this week's game could well be decided at the selection table.

If we pick half-fit players,under-done players and older players purely on reputation (as we have done a few times recently) then we have no hope whatsoever. On the other hand, if we stick with young, fit, enthusiastic types, we'll get plenty of errors and clangers but also plenty of fight and run and maybe an outside chance of knocking off the Saints.

Therefore, I would prefer to see no Lloyd, no Lucas, no Welsh. Sorry to say it, but we looked much better without them last week. I would bring in Lovett if and only if he is 100% fit and drop Davey, who seems to have a chronic case of the fumbles recently.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I dont think we will make too many changes this week.

Lovett in for Quinn
Jetta in for Davey (Leroy is in much better form at the moment and needs to be given another chance)
I would be tempted to bring in TB purely because i cant see Ryder doing well against both King and Gardiner. He already looks exhausted.

Lloyd, Lucas and Welsh wont play.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Just heard the Energiser Bunny on the radio.

In's will be Lovett and Welsh - possibly Bellchambers

Lloyd and Licha at least another week away
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Don't see how they would bring Jetta in for Davey.

Davey has been playing forward, Jetta is being usedin a new role in the backline for Bendigo.
visiting saint
Top Up Player

Post by visiting saint »

Ins will be Riewoldt, Goddard, Dal Santo, Montagna, Hayes, Baker, Fisher, Gilbert.

Oh sorry did you mean ins for the bombers. Silly me. #-o
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

visiting saint wrote:Ins will be Riewoldt, Goddard, Dal Santo, Montagna, Hayes, Baker, Fisher, Gilbert.
Phew... wouldn't want to have to play the Saints at full strength.
JimboC
Top Up Player

Post by JimboC »

Lovett for Quinn

Bellchambers for Hurley (Unfortunately...not on form but necessity)

Welsh for Stanton...IMO (Stants needs a week in the 2's just to give him a rev up)
The Watson Factor....
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

:roll: yeah Stants out..... haha good one

and is Hurley injured cause that is dead set the only way he'll miss this week
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I would be reticent to drop young Quinn who tried his darndest and kicked a crucial pressure goal when Davey seems to have lost all form and confidence. I love Froggie as much as the next person but to be perfectly honest he has not been a shadow of himself since he has come back for the knee.

What I cant work out is how he keeps finding himself as the marking target on the full forward line and the team kick it to him albeit over his head to then see the ball punched away by any defender (as they all have a height advantage). If this is some kind of deliberate tactic it must be stopped immediately. I dont want to see him fly for a mark again - he just needs to be front and square of the likes of Neagle etc to swoop on the crumbs and goal that way.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Lovett and Wlesh likely to come in.

I'd also like to see Jetta get another game, perhaps for Monfries. Named in the best for Bendigo and this: "Leroy Jetta was in fantastic form gathering 11-possessions and applying several good tackles. He looked dangerous from the start of the day and warranted plenty of attention from the opposition."
Interesting that 11 possessions gets him in the best, but he has been good recently and the tackling is important.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

In - Bellchambers, Lovett ... potentially Hooker.
Out - Quinn (didn't play bad - but crunch game for a player on a steep learning curve), Davey (clearly injured) potentialy Pears (maybe injured) or Slattery for Hooker (if so - Hurley to CHB and Hooker to CHF).

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

JimboC wrote:Lovett for Quinn

Welsh for Stanton...IMO (Stants needs a week in the 2's just to give him a rev up)
Haven't read anything more ridiculous than this.

Bellchambers for Hurley? Take out a mobile key position forward and backman and replace him with a lumbering useless ruckman?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
JimboC
Top Up Player

Post by JimboC »

Rossoneri wrote:
JimboC wrote:Lovett for Quinn

Haven't read anything more ridiculous than this.

Bellchambers for Hurley? Take out a mobile key position forward and backman and replace him with a lumbering useless ruckman?
Not really Rossoneri,

Gardiner and King vs Ryder?...not likely. Your entitled to your opinion on Bellchambers, but poor Paddy needs a hand.

Hurley is shaping up as a geniune gun, but we need to play two rucks on Sunday. Unfortunately I couldn't nudge anyone else out....IMO though
The Watson Factor....
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Ridiculous was a bit harsh and wrong. I would rather Hooker than Bellchambers. Lets face it, none of our fit ruckman will match King and Gardiner for strength. The only way we can beat their ruckman is around the ground, and Bellchambers doesn't cut it (yet). Hooker is far better around the ground than Bellchambers.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
JimboC
Top Up Player

Post by JimboC »

True Rosso,

If they play Hooker solely as a back up ruck, I have no problems with that. Although I'd rather give Bellchambers a shot, just due to the size / hit-out factor.

We'll see...
The Watson Factor....
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Rossoneri wrote:Ridiculous was a bit harsh and wrong. I would rather Hooker than Bellchambers. Lets face it, none of our fit ruckman will match King and Gardiner for strength. The only way we can beat their ruckman is around the ground, and Bellchambers doesn't cut it (yet). Hooker is far better around the ground than Bellchambers.
Geez look who has turned all soft in their old age