Teams Ess vs StK

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Ossie
Club Captain

Teams Ess vs StK

Post by Ossie »

St Kilda
Team: IN - Baker, Dal Santo, S. Fisher, Gilbert, Goddard, Hayes, Montagna, Riewoldt OUT - Begley, Eddy, Geary, McEvoy, McQualter

CRAP! :x #-o

Bombers team still to come...
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Ossie
Club Captain

Re: Teams Ess vs StK

Post by Ossie »

ESSENDON
B: Nathan Lovett-Murray, Tayte Pears, Jarrod Atkinson
HB: Henry Slattery, Dustin Fletcher, Adam McPhee
C: Kyle Reimers, Ricky Dyson, Mark McVeigh
HF: Bachar Houli, Michael Hurley, Angus Monfries
F: Michael Quinn, Jay Neagle, Andrew Welsh
Foll: Patrick Ryder, Brent Stanton, Jobe Watson
Int (from): Tom Bellchambers, Courtenay Dempsey, Alwyn Davey, Andrew Lovett, Cale Hooker, Sam Lonergan, Brent Prismall

In: Bellchambers, Lovett, Hooker, Welsh
Out: Heath Hocking

Nice to see big Tom getting another crack, and Lovett and Welsh will be crucial for us.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Confidence = gone.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Brought in all the hacks to play us I see.... :shock:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

St Kilda's IN's would have to be the single greatest inflow of talent into a team ever recorded

We are so going to get reamed!! If we get within 50 points I will be relieved
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I am still confident.

Yes they have played some good footy this year but I tell you what I dont rate a lot of their players. The reason why they have been so well is their ability to stick to the game plan but game plans can be undone. We are capable of undoing that game plan as seen in the previous meeting. They also, on that occasion, as they have all year, GOT the bloody world umpiring wise.

Its our home game and I expect Etihad to become a cauldron of Bomber supporters that help our boys over the line.

We can do it. The players must believe that otherwise why bother turning up.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

MH_Bomber wrote:
Only coz Knighta told them thay had to turn up - otherwise thay would be hiding out in some pastery shop in Moonee Poonds hoping that no one will notice that they arent out on the ground at Etihaad
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

We played pretty good footy against them last time and only went down by 19 points and all those pricks they brought in this week played.
visiting saint
Top Up Player

Post by visiting saint »

MH_Bomber wrote:I am still confident.

Yes they have played some good footy this year but I tell you what I dont rate a lot of their players. The reason why they have been so well is their ability to stick to the game plan but game plans can be undone. We are capable of undoing that game plan as seen in the previous meeting. They also, on that occasion, as they have all year, GOT the bloody world umpiring wise.

Its our home game and I expect Etihad to become a cauldron of Bomber supporters that help our boys over the line.

Oh- Kaaaayyyyy. You're right no doubt about it. The reason we're 19 - 0 is because our players are hacks and we've had an armchair ride from the umpires. I was wondering what it was.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

visiting saint wrote:

Oh- Kaaaayyyyy. You're right no doubt about it. The reason we're 19 - 0 is because our players are hacks and we've had an armchair ride from the umpires. I was wondering what it was.
Well we all know that it isn't talent & heart... :wink: :lol:
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

visiting saint wrote:

I don't think anyone really means you have hacks in your side. You don't have many superstars but alot of players that work very hard and stick to a game plan. Like the Bulldogs you've always had a good run with the umpires if you can't see that you are as blind as they are. Of course that isn't the reason you are top of the ladder but it can't hurt can it?
visiting saint
Top Up Player

Post by visiting saint »

robrulz5 wrote:
I don't think anyone really means you have hacks in your side. You don't have many superstars but alot of players that work very hard and stick to a game plan. Like the Bulldogs you've always had a good run with the umpires if you can't see that you are as blind as they are. Of course that isn't the reason you are top of the ladder but it can't hurt can it?
We can debate the relative merits of various players and whether or not they're superstars, champs, GOP's or hacks. But it doesn't matter which club you support, every single one has its fair share of whinging fans who blame the umpires for :
a. their own team's failure
b. the success of other teams
c. any irrational and entirely one eyed stance that is otherwise completely unjustifiable

There are plenty of them over on Saintsational and I see you have them here as well.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

IMO Monfries must be considered lucky

Suspect Davey may be omitted. Hooker would be unlucky to be dropped.... but this week will be both a tough ask and hard on the bodies - need to keep enough in reserve for the game next week.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

They must be worried. Bringing in the big artillery...... :P

The tale of the small forwards - we'll struggle to contain Milne and Schneider as we struggle to get anything out of Monfries and Davey.
Essendunny
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

They're spooked - brought in a swag of blokes who are clearly underdone.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

can someone tell me who is captain with Lloyd out?
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

BenDoolan wrote:They must be worried. Bringing in the big artillery...... :P

The tale of the small forwards - we'll struggle to contain Milne and Schneider as we struggle to get anything out of Monfries and Davey.
Fries to kick 5. I think essendon will give it a red hot go on sunday. worth having a wager even(perhaps on the line though a win is a huge ask)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tom9779 wrote:can someone tell me who is captain with Lloyd out?
That would be McVeigh.
Essendunny
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

You heard it here first... A certain Win for us this week :wink:
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

visiting saint wrote:

When I say I dont rate a lot of the St Kilda players I mean in terms of being individually champions. I am talking of the likes of ;

Gwilt, Baker, Dawson, Armitage, Dempster, Milne, Schneider, Ray, R Clarke.

Now a lot of these guys have had excellent seasons and there has been a very consistent team performance but Saint visitor, I'd be surprised if a lot of these guys will stand up in the finals or long term. I suppose what I am saying in a way is yes there are a number of A graders but also a number of what Jack Dyer would call good ordinary footballers in the St Kilda side.

In terms of frees, St Kilda is 3rd on free kicks for and 3rd last on free's against. The reverse is true of the Bombers Now I know what you are going to say - thats because you are first to the ball - blah blah blah. In 2000 Essendon won 24/25 games by an average winning margin of 50 points and was last on the free kick count.

I am just a person that has to believe we are chance in any game. I have seen a great number of games where Essendon have got up when they are not heavily favoured over the years.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber