Another Scalp

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Scott
On the Rookie List

Another Scalp

Post by Scott »

Is Matty Knights trying to take his personal frustration out on Essendon players and retire them when they might not be as ready as he would like? Lucus is another that he's retired who I believe doesn't want to go.

Richmond got rid of him before his time was up didn't they? I'm sure he wanted to play on.
danstar84
Club Captain

Re: Another Scalp

Post by danstar84 »

This is a pisstake right?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

is this Damien Peverill???
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Really struggling with this theory.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Lucas is shot. God love him, but when the body doesn't follow the directions of the mind, it's time to go.

If (if) Lucas digs his heels in, Knights is well within his rights to give him a bit of a push. But Scott is not an idiot.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Scott wrote:Is Matty Knights trying to take his personal frustration out on Essendon players and retire them when they might not be as ready as he would like? Lucus is another that he's retired who I believe doesn't want to go.

Richmond got rid of him before his time was up didn't they? I'm sure he wanted to play on.
You're a f***'n pisser! The bloke has played for 13 years, 270 games, 471 goals, 2 Crichton Medals, a premiership medallion, All Australian, his name plastered over honour boards everywhere, and you still call him LUCUS.
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

WTF??? This conspiracy theory belongs with Harold Holt and the Chinese Submarine and the faked Moonlandings.

Yes - Scotty may have wanted a farewell game, but either accepted that the team has a chance for finals this year and wanted to do the right thing for the club, or seriously cannot get his body right for an AFL game.

Remember - Knights always said that Scotty's future was up to him ... and yes he might have had a slight nudge, but Lucas chose to announce his retirement today ... it was not announced by the club or Knights.

Also, the big fella did not tip a bucket or even a give slight sook - should this conspiracy theory have legs - either Scotty is a fantastic actor who has a future in showbiz (Home and Away perhaps??), or he was genuine.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Maybe you should read some of the comments Lucas made at the presser, where he stated that he had made up his mind to retire mid season and the game had passed him by.

He also stated that he would of loved a farewell game but Knights had told him that he would not be given one while the team was in finals contention and he said that he completely agreed with that decision and stance and that he had a great time with the club but now is about the future of the club and the young players they have going forward and it was more important that they continue to get a game and push for the finals.

Lucas has always put the club first, his decision today and the announcement of his retirement was just another example. Stop looking for shit that isn't there simply because you don't seem to like Knighta!!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Lucus

Laugh out loud!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Scott wrote:Is Matty Knights trying to take his personal frustration out on Essendon players and retire them when they might not be as ready as he would like? Lucus is another that he's retired who I believe doesn't want to go.

A bit slow at The Australian today Patrick?
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

sti dreams wrote: either Scotty is a fantastic actor who has a future in showbiz (Home and Away perhaps
Cheers - STI
"fantastic actor" in "Home and Away"

I was feeling sad about his retirement until I saw this. Thanks for cheering me up.