Awful coaching performance.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Awful coaching performance.

Post by robbie67 »

That was a shocking effort from Knights and co. No planning what so ever for Freo's obvious ruck dominance. Did they think Watson was not going to get a tag today? Learnt ******* nothing from playing on this ground two weeks ago.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: Awful coaching performance.

Post by Rossoneri »

Have to agree, the coaching was very very ordinary today. Sandilands comes up against this most weeks, yet they still get done in the clearances, where was our planning?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

So why not include another in and under type like Lonergan ? We seemed to start like we were on mogadon - i.e. with a mindset of holding them. For f-cks sake we should have been ready to go like we started last week.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

.....and how many times have we ******* slipped over today?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

yeah tend to agree, i love knighta but soundly beaten today... actually not beaten just didn't see this coming, 141 points so far leaked through
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

I (and supporters as a whole I would imagine) notice fatal flaws in the coaching every game. I really do wonder sometimes if our coaching staff are up to it. Having said that, a core group of players have been very inconsistent all year. We probably only have 2/3 players that deliver every single week. Its not enough.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

nathanskinner wrote:I (and supporters as a whole I would imagine) notice fatal flaws in the coaching every game. I really do wonder sometimes if our coaching staff are up to it. Having said that, a core group of players have been very inconsistent all year. We probably only have 2/3 players that deliver every single week. Its not enough.
2/3? Thats a bit of a stretch.

I'd say a quarter. Waston, Fletcher, Winderlich and Lovett. Statons last 3-4 weeks have been very good. Dyson has been good also.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

It seemed half of our side got tagged today with very close defensive checking. We had no answer.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The one I didn't understand was McVeigh on Pavlich.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Seems that we do well when we own the corridor - today went around the boundry.

Given we ran our 4th ruck (or 5th given Hooker stated the game) ... suprised that didn't run an extra midfielder in defence to get Sandiland's 20m slaps. Also 3rd man up was underused.

That being said - injuries to Subi type players (Reimers, Lonegran, Dempsy and even Houli) hurt, and playing injured players hurt more.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

sorry i mean literally only 2 or 3 players have been rock solid. (2/3) bad typing.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Any potential changes to the assistant coaches for next season... Campo would have to be in the gun surely. Considering that Prescott played for Freo and coached in Perth you would have thought that he would have had some inside knowledge of the Docker set up with Sandilands. Hickmott should definately move on as well... seeing our young blokes get smashed in the VFL every week is disheartening and the worst part... he doesnt seem to worried about it.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

nathanskinner wrote:sorry i mean literally only 2 or 3 players have been rock solid. (2/3) bad typing.
Watson, Pears, Lovett, Dyson, Stanton, Winderlich, Slattery, Dempsey, Fletcher and Ryder have been very consistent this year.

And Prismall and Hurley have been very good since they have been in the side.
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Any potential changes to the assistant coaches for next season... Campo would have to be in the gun surely. Considering that Prescott played for Freo and coached in Perth you would have thought that he would have had some inside knowledge of the Docker set up with Sandilands. Hickmott should definately move on as well... seeing our young blokes get smashed in the VFL every week is disheartening and the worst part... he doesnt seem to worried about it.
Heard that Rawlings and Crocker are looking for work next year :P Seriously - either of these would be reasonable for the VFL side.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

sti dreams wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:Any potential changes to the assistant coaches for next season... Campo would have to be in the gun surely. Considering that Prescott played for Freo and coached in Perth you would have thought that he would have had some inside knowledge of the Docker set up with Sandilands. Hickmott should definately move on as well... seeing our young blokes get smashed in the VFL every week is disheartening and the worst part... he doesnt seem to worried about it.
Heard that Rawlings and Crocker are looking for work next year :P Seriously - either of these would be reasonable for the VFL side.

Cheers - STI
Well anyone would be better than Hickmott at the moment... when do they make a final decision about the Bendigo alignment??
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Agreed. The one thing Freo do well is play ping-pong at Subiaco, i.e. have guys 30m clear of the ball with few contested situations and the ball rebounding end-to-end. We did nothing to combat that, right from the start of the first quarter they were getting guys metres and metres in the clear in their forward half of the ground.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

robrulz5 wrote:The one I didn't understand was McVeigh on Pavlich.
yep i was questioning this also... just didn't make sense to me
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
vern
On the Rookie List

Post by vern »

I always worry about Knights ability to pump them up for the start to a game. Haven't seen the stats on this, so I could be wrong, but it seems in most games this year we have trailed at 1/4 time or at least conceded the first 1-2 goals of the game.

In no way do I want Knights sacked etc but it's just something that concerns me.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

vern wrote:I always worry about Knights ability to pump them up for the start to a game. Haven't seen the stats on this, so I could be wrong, but it seems in most games this year we have trailed at 1/4 time or at least conceded the first 1-2 goals of the game.

In no way do I want Knights sacked etc but it's just something that concerns me.
There comes a point in time where he can say or do no more than demand the players pull their fingers out and grow some balls. He has been saying all week that our guys need to treat this game as if Freo are a gun side. He has reminded them that we have followed up great efforts with disappointing, unexpected losses. He would have drilled it into their heads the entire week.

So they come out and put in another limp effort. Arses need to be kicked. And hard. I hold Knights accountable to strange and bizarre positional match ups, but I hold the players responsible for lacklustre output.

The forward line is abysmally shambolic, and Knights needs to sort that shit out. He needs to devise a cohesive structure that works. It's our weakest link.
Essendunny
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Its an awful game plan. Handball to someone under the same amount or more pressure than yourself. Never kick to the advantage of a strong marking forward inside 50. Never use your pace to run to space to receive a handball or kick ahead of the contest. Instead use your pace to run zigzag into trouble and then again into more trouble. Never ever dare try and shepherd. Always use the bare amount of effort possible to lay a half arsed tackle. Never have a shot at goal when directly in front if you can chip it sideways to a player on a worse angle. :evil: