Monfries falls over again...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: Monfries falls over again...

Post by robrulz5 »

bombercol wrote:
As a crumbing forward he has to rely on the midfield and others to get the ball down there.
Since when was he a crumbing forward? He has always been the lead-up type which is a role that suits him even though I wish he'd stay closer to goal like against St.Kilda
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Windy_Hill wrote:I will take a player who can kick 30+ goals a season including the odd match winning performance even if it means he falls over to do it over a player who cant do jack yet manages to keep his feet.

Give Monfries a break - will finish in the B&F Top 10 this year
So which player are you referring to Windy?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

merc_2 wrote:Mate....watch the last couple of minutes of that St Kilda game. When the pressure is on, Slattery has no f****** idea. Amongst the worse footballers in the AFL!.
Haha.....yes I was there for the last couple of minutes when Monfries took a mark 20 metres our from goal. Instead of taking responsibility for sealing the game, he kicked backwards 20 metres to Prismall.

Slattery unfortunately plays in one of the most difficult and thankless positions on the ground - back pocket. It's an "unattractive" role but someone has to do it. Slattery would be noticed more if he played on the likes of Monfries every week - someone who falls over after every contest allowing him to stream out of defence and setting up countless attacks. But unfortunately, he has to play on dangerous, lively, opportunist small forwards and has to play the "stay at home" style.
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

swoodley wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:I will take a player who can kick 30+ goals a season including the odd match winning performance even if it means he falls over to do it over a player who cant do jack yet manages to keep his feet.

Any of our other small forwards.

Look it doesnt matter, I am simply making the point that despite having poor balance, he is still a valuable player

Lucas made a career out of going to ground by the way
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Windy_Hill wrote:
swoodley wrote:

Any of our other small forwards.

Look it doesnt matter, I am simply making the point that despite having poor balance, he is still a valuable player

Lucas made a career out of going to ground by the way
That is a very bad comparison [-X
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

Okay, lets trade Monfries...delist Jetta...f*** Davey off to Melbourne...blah blah blah......
There is going to be an abundance of talented players when GC and WS get their hands on all the top picks in the next 5 years.....
Seriously....support the players instead of bagging them at every opportunity....

Get off Monfries back! A talented YOUNG footballer who would have no problems getting a game for many other sides!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Lucas went to ground.......with the ball firmly clasped in his hands.
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

merc_2 wrote:Okay, lets trade Monfries...delist Jetta...f*** Davey off to Melbourne...blah blah blah......
There is going to be an abundance of talented players when GC and WS get their hands on all the top picks in the next 5 years.....
Seriously....support the players instead of bagging them at every opportunity....

Get off Monfries back! A talented YOUNG footballer who would have no problems getting a game for many other sides!
That's a good one. What were you saying about Slatts?
Essendunny
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

merc_2 wrote: Seriously....support the players instead of bagging them at every opportunity....
Hmmm quite ironic from a poster who only moments ago declared Slaterry as one of the worst foobtallers in the competition who has no f****** idea.

I guess we are only meant support the players you like, and we are allowed to bag all the players you don't like at every opportunity we get.

At least people have offered some valid reasons on why the feel Monfries and the other small forwards are struggling, you are simply bagging the shit out of a player in a vindictive and nasty way and while you are entitled to your opinion of Slattery it's not exactly backed up by what he has been able to produce this season.

Absolutely f****** disgraceful post you hypocritical muppet!!!!
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

BenDoolan wrote:Hi Gus!

My fingers are very sore from discussing this bloke. I am just mentally exhausted with him....
Why is it when Lloyd gets rubbish delivery it's the midfield's fault but when Monfries is continually on the end of stunted f***-ups out of the backline with missed handpasses everywhere that culminate in a rushed, rubbish kick into the forward line you blame him? Our delivery inside 50 was among the worst I've seen on Sunday which made Hurley's efforts all the more remarkable. Can definitely blame our half backs and midfielders for the loss on Sunday, not Monfries.

And accusing him of not taking the shot to win the game against St Kilda? Geeeez... he spotted a team mate who was:

Inside 50
Wide open
35 metres out from goal
15 degrees angle tops

If he had have gone back and kicked it himself and missed you Knights would have been all over him like a rash for not picking the better option. Good football. Bad football from Prismall to miss such a sitter.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

andrewb wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Hi Gus!

My fingers are very sore from discussing this bloke. I am just mentally exhausted with him....
Why is it when Lloyd gets rubbish delivery it's the midfield's fault but when Monfries is continually on the end of stunted f***-ups out of the backline with missed handpasses everywhere that culminate in a rushed, rubbish kick into the forward line you blame him? Our delivery inside 50 was among the worst I've seen on Sunday which made Hurley's efforts all the more remarkable. Can definitely blame our half backs and midfielders for the loss on Sunday, not Monfries.

And accusing him of not taking the shot to win the game against St Kilda? Geeeez... he spotted a team mate who was:

Inside 50
Wide open
35 metres out from goal
15 degrees angle tops

If he had have gone back and kicked it himself and missed you Knights would have been all over him like a rash for not picking the better option. Good football. Bad football from Prismall to miss such a sitter.
Ah, I think you'll find I NEVER blame the midfield for Lloyd's woes up forward.

When you are 20 metres out from goal, on a 45 degree angle, with a minute to go, and you're only 2 points up, I thought it would be appropriate for a forward who has kicked 4 goals in that particular match, to go back and f***'n kick it. But hey, why not pass it off so they can blame someone else....
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Monfries did the right thing, he opened up the angle and Prismall was kicking from now more than 35 out. If Prismall was 45 out, different story.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

Rossoneri wrote:Monfries did the right thing, he opened up the angle and Prismall was kicking from now more than 35 out. If Prismall was 45 out, different story.
Well said....finally some common sense on here!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

merc_2 wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Monfries did the right thing, he opened up the angle and Prismall was kicking from now more than 35 out. If Prismall was 45 out, different story.
Well said....finally some common sense on here!
He didn't do the right thing. Had Prismall goaled, it would have been a different story.
Essendunny