Forwards this week

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Forwards this week

Post by Sismis »

I would love to see Hurley and Lloyd up forward this week.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Re: Forwards this week

Post by j-mac31 »

Depends. If Franklin plays, Hurley should play down back.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

i agree. push hurley forward, he was about the only forward option having a crack last weekend and showing someting when he was down there. we have pears, fletch and co to take buddy early. If buddy starts to get a run on then we have the option to swing hurley back.
start curley hurley at CHF please knighta. lloyd and neagle out of the square with monfries CRUMBING not getting in there way
JimboC
Top Up Player

Post by JimboC »

What about McPhee?...

Yeah I like the sound of Hurley, Lloyd, and Neagle.

I think McPhee should alternate with Hurley. If they switch him, McPhee goes where he came from.

The crumbers is a good question?...Monfries of course, but there is no Davey.

What other two do we throw down there?, I like the thought of Winderlich and Reimers....

Any thoughts?,
The Watson Factor....
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

JimboC wrote:What about McPhee?...

Yeah I like the sound of Hurley, Lloyd, and Neagle.

I think McPhee should alternate with Hurley. If they switch him, McPhee goes where he came from.

The crumbers is a good question?...Monfries of course, but there is no Davey.

What other two do we throw down there?, I like the thought of Winderlich and Reimers....

Any thoughts?,
Licha has played forward quite a bit this year and has done quite well, ripped Sydney a new one playing almost exclusively as a forward that day.
Reimers is another chance. So too Lonergan. We have a few options but they have to learn how to be at the base of the pack and Lloyd and Neagle have to contest and bring the ball to ground and give them a chance.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

monfries has to stay home and stay at ground level front and centre. no leading up. let mcphee or someone else play that hit up role.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

DYSON#2 wrote:monfries has to stay home and stay at ground level front and centre. no leading up. let mcphee or someone else play that hit up role.
and no falling over whenever he gets near the ball #-o
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I like Lonergan and Licha as small forwards. Is Skipworth fit? He would also fit in well.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

One forward pocket may be used to nurse semi-fit players this week, so Winda, McVeigh and Lonergan will spend time as the small forward.

Lloyd will push out of the 50 and Neagle from the goalsquare.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I like the sound of Licha and McVeigh forward. Both are a great mark for their size as well.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

I'd like to see us opening with Pears and Fletcher down back and Hurley, Lloyd, Neagle and McPhee up forward. The Hawks backline is VERY light on for tall timber and Gilham is underdone:

Campbell Brown (177cm), Stephen Gilham (192cm), Grant Birchall (193cm)
Luke Hodge (184cm), Ryan Schoenmakers (193cm, 12 games), Shane Savage (185cm first gamer)

Just get the ball and bang it in long this week.. tell Monfries and Lonergan to play like crumbers.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

I don't like playing Hurley up forward even though he has be good. He is what we have needed for a long time... a natural defender who thinks like a natural defender. If we are struggling up forward then we need to develop Neagle and Danihar and let the players develop in their natural positions even if it costs us in the short term. I hate having players played out of their natural positions..... This week we will have Lloyd and Neagle up forward. if we are struggling I think paddy will be asked to drift forward.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I disagree Hillchaser. Hurley is natural at either end, he is one of those freaky talls. We have an abundance of young talls and we need to find the best place for all of them. If Hurley can kick 3-4 goals a game, his place may well be up forward.

I also thing Tayte has proven himself a natural defender.....
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Sismis wrote:I disagree Hillchaser. Hurley is natural at either end, he is one of those freaky talls. We have an abundance of young talls and we need to find the best place for all of them. If Hurley can kick 3-4 goals a game, his place may well be up forward.

I also thing Tayte has proven himself a natural defender.....
I agree - Hurley is pretty freaky and can do well up forward but I think his natural position is in defence and with tayte we now have a CHB and A FB. With Neagle we look to have a FF .. so don't screw around with them and let them develop ... use some of the other plays like paddy and mcfee to fill the CHF hole until someone makes it their position.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

If you've got a young big bloke who can take a grab up forward and kick straight you play them up forward. End of story. There's a good reason that forwards get paid the big bucks.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

andrewb wrote:If you've got a young big bloke who can take a grab up forward and kick straight you play them up forward. End of story. There's a good reason that forwards get paid the big bucks.
And if he can also take a grab/make a spoil down back and stop experienced big forwards from kicking goals at the other end?
Gumby (in the very limited amount we've seen of him) also looks like he will be a big bloke who can take a grab up forward and kick straight.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UPrryGTAdYs&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UPrryGTAdYs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.