Essendon vs Adelaide Elimination Final Pre Match Discussion

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Essendon vs Adelaide Elimination Final Pre Match Discussion

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I actually dont mind it being delayed... at least you can check the scores and figure out whether or not you want to watch the end!! :lol: :oops:
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i just don't understand why they would spend $780m and not even televise game LIVE????? they probably get half that money back by selling about half their games back to FOX anyway. seems silly to me
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

Outs: Lloyd (Susp), McVeigh (Inj)
Ins: D.Daniher, Myers/T.Slattery (both been consistant)
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Jazz_84 wrote:
Boyler_Room wrote:but thought I'd point out the minor flaw in your logic.
you have a flaw because i have no logic haha oh well 30 min delay is pretty good can't complain about that!
I can.

Memo to Channel 7 - Don't bother putting a bid in next time around, if you are not going to show finals football live f******.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

dom_105 wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:
you have a flaw because i have no logic haha oh well 30 min delay is pretty good can't complain about that!
I can.

Memo to Channel 7 - Don't bother putting a bid in next time around, if you are not going to show finals football live f******.
Exactly. Seven show absolutely zero initiative with the game...they will show it at 8:30. Why? Because that`s what they have always done.
Channel 10 go about it exactly the right way...put it on live any time the AFL allows them to.

The coverage would be much better if 9 and 10 had kept the rights.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

I would be surprised if they didn't show it live. Maybe they just haven't updated the times yet. They may have expected a final in Melbourne, which may explain the delay?
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

BomberinJapan wrote:
dom_105 wrote: Memo to Channel 7 - Don't bother putting a bid in next time around, if you are not going to show finals football live f******.
Exactly. Seven show absolutely zero initiative with the game...they will show it at 8:30. Why? Because that`s what they have always done.
Channel 10 go about it exactly the right way...put it on live any time the AFL allows them to.

The coverage would be much better if 9 and 10 had kept the rights.
Actually, it was strange the other week (Round 21?) when Adelaide had a Friday night game. It was shown live on air here in Adelaide and we managed to skip Better Homes. I was pretty angry they managed to find a way to show the Adelaide game live but can't show any others live on a Friday night.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

8.30 pm here in Queensland which is a shit load better than 11:40 pm.

Still sucks though. After all that bullshit 7 harped on about when they lost the rights in 2001 as being the home of football it's proved to be nothing but hot air. I

How f****** rude.
Bombers till' I die
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Might head to the club.

I am sure something will be arranged.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

rockhole wrote:Might head to the club.

I am sure something will be arranged.
Sounds like a plan Rock.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

At least all you Melbournites have the priviledge of getting live telecast.

Cause C7 are doing it, I can guarantee it will be at least 11:30pm before Sydney/Brisvegas get a chance...
:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

TV guide now showing BHAG at 7, footy from 8 = live.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

dom_105 wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:
I can.

Credit where it's due, nice decision 7
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

are they putting it LIVE Dom?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Jazz_84 wrote:are they putting it LIVE Dom?
That's what I heard, live into Melbourne. Don't know about the sticks though. (sorry, but not really :) )
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Won't be putting my house on them but just have a quiet feeling about Fri night.

We've got nothing to lose. and we pushed them this season, only their freakish 21.4 beat us and 2 of those points were rushed.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I'm effing spewing I can't get to this game. I'm getting a bit "edgey" about Friday. I used to pump myself up by listening (or watching clips) of the footy theme songs just prior to the finals campaign. It used to really fire me up and then I would head to the game with adrenalin pumping.

Oh, and how many weeks would THOSE bumps get in today's football in the last clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6KpyGtSYWg[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6KpyGtSYWg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJlSSpT6 ... re=related[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJlSSpT6 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbtiUrHU ... re=related[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbtiUrHU ... re=related
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

From the small paper

Bellchambers, Dempsey likely to play
Matt Windley | September 03, 2009 10:33am

ESSENDON will finalise its team after training this morning ahead of the club's elimination final against Adelaide at AAMI Stadium tomorrow night. The Bombers, who fly out to Adelaide this afternoon, will be forced to make at least three changes after captain Matthew Lloyd, ruckman Paddy Ryder and midfielder Sam Lonergan were suspended following the fiery clash with Hawthorn last week.

Other than to say Mark McVeigh was fit to play after breaking a bone in his hand against the Hawks, Essendon assistant coach Ashley Prescott held his selection cards reasonably close to his chest before training this morning.

"Obviously with Paddy Ryder going out, Tom Bellchambers didn't play in the VFL last week," Prescott said

"We decided to give him a rest along with Leroy Jetta, Jay Nash and also Michael Quinn. So theyre some players that will potentially come into the side.

"Darcy Daniher has been in pretty good form, so Darcy will be in contention. Hes been playing predominantly across half forward and has been playing reasonably well so hes certainly a young man whos putting his hand up to play.

"(Courtenay Dempsey) did everything thats been asked of him for the last two weeks, he got up to about top end speed I think two days ago at training, and he's really just got to tick the boxes this morning. He looks more than likely to be playing this morning."

Anzac Day hero David Zaharakis trained with the injured and suspended players this morning and Prescott said he was not likely to receive a call up after missing last week's VFL match through injury.

A crowd of about 100 fans gathered at Windy Hill this morning to watch the Bombers train ahead of their first final since 2004.

Nash a chance??? That would be a huge turn up!!!!

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Bock won't play. vingertje vingertje vingertje
Van Berlo to miss too.

Already a thread about this, should've looked first. #-o
Although in here fits nicely.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

So... when is it exactly starting, Melbourne time??? I'm hearing 7.40, I'm hearing 8.15, I have no idea what's going on. Our telecast in Tassie said the final (TBA) is starting at 7.30, but I'm hoping that was if the game was in Melb, not Adelaide...

I was pretty cut about it being Friday night as I'm working, but now I find out I'm working Saturday night as well... should knock off around 8.30/9, trying to work out how much of the bloody game I'll miss!!! PLEASE tell me it doesn't start until 8.15????
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.