BELLCHAMBERS OUT!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

BELLCHAMBERS OUT!!

Post by Boyler_Room »

I posted in the Match thread already, but thought I'd post a new thread to make sure people were aware!

Michael Quinn comes in. NLM expected to take on the ruck duties with Hooker.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Re: BELLCHAMBERS OUT!!

Post by Doctor Fish »

Might not be as bad as it sounds. Go NLM!!! Another fast, big body in the middle. Hope it rains...

Carna Dons!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

far out!!

why's he out?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Knighta does not seem to put stock in slow ruckmen ... Hille had better work on his speed next year! :D

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Must still be fairly wet. In the dry he was going to provide a contest, but we'd probably still be roving to the oppositions taps. In the wet, he may not provide much at all. Not saying that he's no good, but still a work in progress.

With so many runners, should be no excuse for running out of legs *injuries permitting of course.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Horrible decision leaving TB out... to get smashed in the ruck by Ivan Maric is embarrassing. :?
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

maSSIVE MASSIVE MISTAKE. we got smashed who cares if its dry or wet we can still win a tapp. poor old cale didnt know what to do but knighstyh wat were u thinkin?
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

We were non competitive in the ruck....a shocker by Knights!
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

merc_2 wrote:We were non competitive in the ruck....a shocker by Knights!
the decision to leave TB out pales into insignificance compared with the major oversight Knights has made in regards to tackling, shepherding, defensive match-ups in the midfield, and getting the ball inside 50 with more speed and less risk than our current sideways handball / over-possess under pressure shit he has "developed" over 2 years.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tonysoprano wrote:
the decision to leave TB out pales into insignificance compared with the major oversight Knights has made in regards to tackling, shepherding, defensive match-ups in the midfield, and getting the ball inside 50 with more speed and less risk than our current sideways handball / over-possess under pressure shit he has "developed" over 2 years.
Understand your frustration Mr Soprano, but he has got this team into the finals for the first time in 5 years - without the assistance of our best ruckman and several other senior players this year - including the shithouse form of Lloyd and Lucas.

Everyone at the club has to improve - including the coach. But I think we can all see that we are heading up and not down.
Essendunny
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

tonysoprano wrote:

We'll see how you feel about that after this team develops. Honestly would you rather they play with no plan, scared to make a mistake, and run around in circles like they did for the last 4 years of Sheedy's reign?
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

danstar84 wrote:Must still be fairly wet. In the dry he was going to provide a contest, but we'd probably still be roving to the oppositions taps. In the wet, he may not provide much at all. Not saying that he's no good, but still a work in progress.
He's not a first ruck at the moment, simple as that. At times this year he has been asked to step up and has performed well, but he's behind Hille, Laycock and Ryder at this point in time.

You can see Knights' reasoning behind this decision. Take a hit in the tap outs (which we were never going to win anyway w/o Ryder) for another running-type player. There is some logic in that decision.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

robbie67 wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:

We'll see how you feel about that after this team develops. Honestly would you rather they play with no plan, scared to make a mistake, and run around in circles like they did for the last 4 years of Sheedy's reign?
I honestly think this is what we have been doing for most of Knights reign too.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

BenDoolan wrote:Everyone at the club has to improve - including the coach. But I think we can all see that we are heading up and not down.
This.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Bellchamber last game showed he was a bit out of his depth and very green so I could understand the decision. At this time there might be a lack of confidence in the young fella and we might has been a bit spoilt with Ryder's form and how well he's played as a very mobile ruck hence the decision too.

However the reason why the Crows beat us last time was that there big boys got bigger and bigger as the game went on and last night it starved the whole team as the game went along.

The amount of ruck infringements where the Crows got frees also was a telling part of the game too.

But if you're prime ruck choice can't play then in Knights' defence there was much for him to choose from.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

One question. Was he dropped out of the 22 or was he seriously incapable of playing on the night...

If he was dropped, I think it was biggest gamble that Knights has taken this year to play without a recognised ruckman...one of those decisions where if it worked it is a stroke of genius and if it fails...well we know what that result was...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Crazyman wrote:One question. Was he dropped out of the 22 or was he seriously incapable of playing on the night...

If he was dropped, I think it was biggest gamble that Knights has taken this year to play without a recognised ruckman...one of those decisions where if it worked it is a stroke of genius and if it fails...well we know what that result was...
It was a gamble. People will say it was a big mistake. But I honestly don't think Bellchambers would have hardly made any difference to the margin at all. Maybe a couple of goals, but that's all.
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Fair enough BD. Not sure I agree with you on the impact he would have had. He is a much bigger body and recognised as a ruckman (I know, he is raw & young), but that said, it would have freed up Hooker to an extent to be a support role ruckman rather the main ruckman which he just aint...
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I actually reckon Hooker is a better ruckman than Bellchambers to begin with.
I reckon Knights knew deep down we were never going to win the GF, let alone last night, so he experimented a little. Why not? We were never going to beat Adelaide in Adelaide being conventional.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Rossoneri wrote:I actually reckon Hooker is a better ruckman than Bellchambers to begin with.
I reckon Knights knew deep down we were never going to win the GF, let alone last night, so he experimented a little. Why not? We were never going to beat Adelaide in Adelaide being conventional.
Agree, we were so far out of depth may as well try something they wont expect. Worth a gamble.