13 reasons why we lost by 96 points.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Re: 13 reasons why we lost by 96 points.

Post by Doctor Fish »

Nice one Filthy... I've already forgotten about last night. Where did I leave my car again?...

:-k
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Doctor Fish wrote:Nice one Filthy... I've already forgotten about last night. Where did I leave my car again?...

:-k
fuggin carpark? :P

god i hope we have a good break, get all the bodies right and have a solid pre-season..... i know it's said every year but its gotta come true some time

im most excited about Hille and Ryder in the ruck with Hocking and Watson feeding it out to Lovett and Prismall!!!! BANG NEAGLE or HURLEY!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
The Don
Top Up Player

Post by The Don »

Nice post Filth.

Adelaide is a human wasteland devoid of any redeeming features, it is proof that fungus can evolve. Their team lacks any real substance or ability outside football park and reality is even though they beat the boys by a bucketload they wont figure in premiership calculations. Shaping up as Cats, Saints or sadly Filth.

I too look forward to a rejuvenated, new look side next year. There is alot to like about this team with guys like Hurley, Watson, Ryder, Hocking, Reimers and even new and improved Lovett and Winderlich developing and improving. Little Quinny and ZAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKAAAAARRRRRAAAAAKKKKIIIIIISSSS are going to get better with more game time. Hille will be back stronger and hopefully hungrier and will kick arse with Paddy and Tom BC in the middle and the old men Fletch and Lloyd will go around one more time, hopefully with a medal at the end. As an Essendon Supporter 2010 will be a great year! :)

P.S Laycock Gone!! :D
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

The Don wrote: Their team lacks any real substance or ability outside football park and reality is even though they beat the boys by a bucketload they wont figure in premiership calculations. Shaping up as Cats, Saints or sadly Filth.
oh i dunno they look very very strong, adding to the number of reasons we lost is their confidence kicking into their forward line, that consists of pack marking targets and lead up forwards, any type of kick into their 50 is dangerous...

before last night i wouldn't have minded them win the premiership but now i hope to god they don't... it's down to saints, dogs and cats for mine anyone else and it's going to hurt!
Kakadu Kangaroos
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Whoever loses from the St.Kilda - Collingwood game, they will go out in straight sets. Neither will beat Adelaide.
Essendunny
The Don
Top Up Player

Post by The Don »

I just found this on The Age's website, it is definitely worth a watch:

http://media.theage.com.au/sport/sports ... 1816.html?
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

Very good post.

We beat last years premiers twice. ( The Whores )
We beat Carlton twice. ( The Scum )
We were the first team to beat the all conquering Saints
We beat Collingwood when all was lost thanks to Paddy and Zaka goal after Hilly had gone down. ( The Filth )
We turned Sydney inside out on the SCG.
We lost to them second time round because of a terrible 2nd 1/4. For the rest of the game we were very competitive.
We were 18 pts up during the 2nd 1/4 against the Bulldogs until they got on top of us and we had 1 unrecognised ruckman.
We were 22 pts up during the 3/4 against the Crows until they got on top of us and we had 1 unrecognised ruckman.
We drew against the Lions but should have won.
We lost games we should have won to the Roos, Shockers, Egirls and Ninthmond. These came back to haunt us. Winning these games should have seen us hosting a home final.

Like the original post says players that we had with interupted seasons and injuries.

All in all our prospects look good our future is bright, there will be times that we will stumble but those stumbles will become trips and then we'll walk tall with our heads high.

Thanks Dons
It just fell out of the sky
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

auditor wrote:Very good post.

We beat last years premiers twice. ( The Whores )
We beat Carlton twice. ( The Scum )
We were the first team to beat the all conquering Saints
We beat Collingwood when all was lost thanks to Paddy and Zaka goal after Hilly had gone down. ( The Filth )
We turned Sydney inside out on the SCG.
We lost to them second time round because of a terrible 2nd 1/4. For the rest of the game we were very competitive.
We were 18 pts up during the 2nd 1/4 against the Bulldogs until they got on top of us and we had 1 unrecognised ruckman.
We were 22 pts up during the 3/4 against the Crows until they got on top of us and we had 1 unrecognised ruckman.
We drew against the Lions but should have won.
We lost games we should have won to the Roos, Shockers, Egirls and Ninthmond. These came back to haunt us. Winning these games should have seen us hosting a home final.

Like the original post says players that we had with interupted seasons and injuries.

All in all our prospects look good our future is bright, there will be times that we will stumble but those stumbles will become trips and then we'll walk tall with our heads high.

Thanks Dons

Yeah, and according to some, "we dont have a game plan". I wonder what some people watch every week.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:Whoever loses from the St.Kilda - Collingwood game, they will go out in straight sets. Neither will beat Adelaide.
Based on what BD.....After last night Adelaide have five wins adn 7 losses against the other 7 top eight teams...2 wins against us adn carlton and a round 1 win against Collingwood. St Kilda have touched them up twice and Collingwood, Geelong and The Bulldogs have all beaten them at AAMI...sure they touched us up last night but their form against the top four teams is ordinary.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Whoever loses from the St.Kilda - Collingwood game, they will go out in straight sets. Neither will beat Adelaide.
Based on what BD.....After last night Adelaide have five wins adn 7 losses against the other 7 top eight teams...2 wins against us adn carlton and a round 1 win against Collingwood. St Kilda have touched them up twice and Collingwood, Geelong and The Bulldogs have all beaten them at AAMI...sure they touched us up last night but their form against the top four teams is ordinary.
Based on a gut feel and recent "form". I think Adelaide are primed. St.Kilda have just had 3 or 4 ordinary weeks. Collingwood - well I don't think they have the strength up forward or down back to match Adelaide should they play them next week. To me, Adelaide have strength across all lines.
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I thought we were super competitive for a quarter and then everything that could go wrong did and we got thumped. I was optimistic, always am when it comes to the Bombers, but realistically we had little chance of winning with personnel missing from our number one line up;

Hille
Ryder
Lonergan
Lloyd
Reimers
Davey ?
Zaka
Houli
Gumbleton

and McVeigh, Watson, Dempsey playing injured as Filthy has identified.

The hurt the players that played felt can now be used as the catalyst for future success, just as the St Kilda thrashing did last year. We have jumped to 8th this year with effectively a fill in ruckman and injuries to key players throughout the season.

Watch out if we get our full complement of personnel on the park. I dare say we are show for a tilt at the flag.

Well done Bombers for a fantastic year. I am looking forward to next year with great anticipation.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

who is the guy with 'will be anything' next to his pic? :?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Michael Still?

is his first name Michael?
Kakadu Kangaroos
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Jazz_84 wrote:
The Don wrote: Their team lacks any real substance or ability outside football park and reality is even though they beat the boys by a bucketload they wont figure in premiership calculations. Shaping up as Cats, Saints or sadly Filth.
oh i dunno they look very very strong, adding to the number of reasons we lost is their confidence kicking into their forward line, that consists of pack marking targets and lead up forwards, any type of kick into their 50 is dangerous...

before last night i wouldn't have minded them win the premiership but now i hope to god they don't... it's down to saints, dogs and cats for mine anyone else and it's going to hurt!
Though it hurts to be smacked - the crows played fair and honest - would prefer them over Carlton, Brisbane, Collingwod and Geelong.

Not only did we suffer with injuries and stage fright - we took a risk (re ruckmen) that didn't work out - largely because our clearance setups were poor. It annoyed me the number of times the clearance (both from a Crow or a Bomber tap) was snaffeled by a moving crows midfielder while we were flatfooted. Vince in particular was supurb in moving while the rucks were contesing the ball.

Oh well .. as Officer Barbrady sez ... Move on nothing to see here

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The potential is there. Hille & Ryder in the ruck will be something to see and a fully fit midfield with a good pre-season with help alot.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

WOW all three, Hurley, Zaha and Still all massive wraps and already achieved a lot in U/18's.... reading those articles, im even more excited about them and left wondering how on earth did we score all 3! 2008 draft will be an absolute scorcher for the Bombers!!

when will we see Michael Still start getting games? Hurley, Neagle, Still, Gumbleton all in the same forward line? that can't work can it? Neagle is under some pressure one would suspect
Kakadu Kangaroos
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Coincidentally, 13 was also the number of goal-kickers Adelaide had on thursday night.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Don't forget that Stanton, Pears, Winderlich and Hurley had interrupted pre-seasons.

We only had three players play every game this season. Hopefully the injury gods look after us a bit better next year.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Rossoneri wrote:Coincidentally, 13 was also the number of goal-kickers Adelaide had on thursday night.
And the number at the Last Supper!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

13 Reasons?

I was thinking 30 SEASONS since a Previous BOUT of ELIMINITIS Passed by.With a DISASTROUS Performance against the ROYBOYS with an Injury deplted side.Hope we don't drop back 30 seasons after 1980,otherwise KNIGHTA might have to keep a similar promise,should he make one like BARRY did. :o