Quinn

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Re: Quinn

Post by bombercol »

What I like about Quinn, is that he makes a contest, he makes space, he tackles, he runs and he can take a mark. He does scare the crap out of me when he wants to dispose of the ball though.

I felt that if Bellchambers wasn't going to play, I would've liked Daniher to get a chance, but that's just my opinion.

Considering how long he's been in the caper, he deserves a lot of credit.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

I really don't like these type of posts...

:roll:
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

Was going to delete this because it was obviously done in the heat of the moment.. however i still believe i could have kicked a goal from that far out :)

Embarrassing.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:
swoodley wrote: I'll agree to disagree with you there BD...to me, he was a major disappointment.
Just in case you're wondering about the stats :lol: ......

24 disposals (the most along with NLM), 1 goal, 1 goal assist, 3 i50's, 96% disposal efficiency.
How many contested? We got killed in the middle with Watson being tagged out of the game.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Rossoneri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
swoodley wrote: I'll agree to disagree with you there BD...to me, he was a major disappointment.

24 disposals (the most along with NLM), 1 goal, 1 goal assist, 3 i50's, 96% disposal efficiency.
How many contested? We got killed in the middle with Watson being tagged out of the game.
In different reports (on-line and in print) I've seen Stants listed in our top 3. I didn't think he was great - but far from the worst.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Nowhere near our worst, but I would have expected a bit better.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

But that's not the point. Everyone knows he's not an inside midfielder. Don't know why anyone expects him to be....
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:
Rossoneri wrote: How many contested? We got killed in the middle with Watson being tagged out of the game.

But that's not the point. Everyone knows he's not an inside midfielder. Don't know why anyone expects him to be....
because outside midfielders usually have good disposal. Now I know you will point to the fact that he had 96% effeciency, but I want to know how many of his kicks went more than 35 meters and how many actually benefited a forward. Remember, if you kick to a two on one, it still counts as an effective kick, as does kicking the ball in front of a player who in turn gathers it, but as it wasn't kicked to his chest, he is disadvantaged.

Also the fact that his first final was dreadful, I was expecting slightly more.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

And how did we get on Stanton anyway? We are talking about Quinn.

Fact is, this guy has played football for 10 months and is going at it better than some on our list who have played for 14 years. In a couple of years time, this guy is going to be either a complete and utter waste of time, or a very very good player.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

I like Quinny. He's not there yet (probably about 2 years away from being good) but you can't fault his endeavour of love of a contest. Can read the play and has a knack for getting into space and finding the pill, which is amazing considering his lack of experience. As for that missed goal from the square, sheet, it's happened to better players than Quinny.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Rossoneri wrote:And how did we get on Stanton anyway? We are talking about Quinn.

Fact is, this guy has played football for 10 months and is going at it better than some on our list who have played for 14 years. In a couple of years time, this guy is going to be either a complete and utter waste of time, or a very very good player.
This is spot on. He has confidence. He has some commited some monumental stuff ups, but still keeping having a crack. His skills will improve and i believe he will become extremely effective.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

In three years Quinny will be Tadgh Kennelly.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Mick
On the Rookie List

Post by Mick »

He is not the first AFL player to run into an open goal and stuff it up and he won't be the last.

Some names that have done it: Malcolm Blight, Wayne Carey, Andrew Lovett.

The thing I like about Quinn is his endeavour. Game sense (to a point) and skills can be taught and from what I have seen so far he has the attitude to learn those essential skills. Had he kicked straight he could have had three goals next to his name on Friday night.

I also don't get the fascination some on this site have with Bellchambers. Week after week, the who should be in threads have calls for him to be played. Why? Because he is tall and has the word ruckman next to his name. It surely can't be because they have seen him play and actually think he can give us anything other than being tall. He showed a bit in the first Hawtorn game but since then has been disappointing. In one game he scored a total of two supercoach points.
Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park - Home of the Springfield Isotopes
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I also think he'll be a real asset given another year or two.

The missed goal on the line reminded me of Percy Jones hitting the post from 1 foot out!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Mick wrote:....
I also don't get the fascination some on this site have with Bellchambers. Week after week, the who should be in threads have calls for him to be played. Why? Because he is tall and has the word ruckman next to his name. It surely can't be because they have seen him play and actually think he can give us anything other than being tall. He showed a bit in the first Hawtorn game but since then has been disappointing. In one game he scored a total of two supercoach points.
He showed a bit in the game against the saints after Ryder limped off. Enough to be happy that he has something. He's still 2-3 years away from having any real impact.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Hooker is a better ruckman than Bellchambers and he is a defender.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

In Cameron Ling's early career, in a game against us, he had the ball about 2m out directly in front and somehow managed to kick it out on the fukk.

This from a bloke who had played football most of his life. It happens, Quinn isn't the first and he won't be the last and Commetti's call was pathetic and out of line, I had Quinn in our best half doen or so in first quarter, lost his way after that, but then so did most of the team.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ealesy wrote:In Cameron Ling's early career, in a game against us, he had the ball about 2m out directly in front and somehow managed to kick it out on the fukk.

This from a bloke who had played football most of his life. It happens, Quinn isn't the first and he won't be the last and Commetti's call was pathetic and out of line, I had Quinn in our best half doen or so in first quarter, lost his way after that, but then so did most of the team.
Now that would have been good to see!
Essendunny
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

I recall Ryder in his first year standing on the defensive goal line at the Dome - by himself - as the ball came in towards goal at eye level. He was swatting his hands around like a pansy at at Scout Jambouree.....missed the ball completely....goal to the other side.

We've all done things on the footy field that are a tad embarrassing in our early days.
Yes, he looked under-prepared and yes, he made a couple of clangers. However he had a go - we didn't have a lot to choose from. He wasn't alone out there.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

He isn't great at the moment, but he gives it his best all the time. How many super talented players have wasted the opportunity to make it in the AFL by not expecting ti all to just happen - eg. Cupido.

Another year in the VFL will be very good. Not sure why Knights loves him so much though, surely Myers would have been a better option and had been good recently in the VFL. Seems a bit Sheedy-ish.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.