Bit of Barney after the game?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Ossie
Club Captain

Bit of Barney after the game?

Post by Ossie »

Essendon players helped in the aftermath of a disturbance at an Adelaide bar, but club officials on Saturday rejected rumours the Bombers were involved in the violence.

The Essendon squad returned to their hotel for dinner after their 96-point defeat by Adelaide Crows in the first AFL elimination final on Friday night.

A few players then went for end-of-season drinks at the Electric Circus bar in Hindley St.

A scuffle took place in the early hours of Saturday morning and victims of the incident were later treated at the Royal Adelaide Hospital but Essendon football operations manager Paul Hamilton fiercely rebuffed any suggestion the players were responsible.

"There was an incident, an altercation that took place, our players were nearby. They assisted the security guards in terms of identifying the assailants," Hamilton said.

"They themselves were not involved and they were disturbed to hear they are now being accused of that.

"The security staff have also confirmed .... our guys were not involved."

It is believed that one of the victims claimed to have been assailed by an Essendon player but Hamilton said such stories were baseless.

"Obviously the people that have been assailed were in such a state that they were confused as to what the surroundings were and what was happening," he said.
Not suggesting the Bombers DID anything wrong, but if they had any brains they wouldn't be going out in Hindley St on a Friday night.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Bit of Barney after the game?

Post by Jazz_84 »

typical Adelaide behaviour, and typical for people from there to see an opportunity to get Essendon players involved and did so

proud of the boys for not being the ones involved but on another note going out for drinks straight after getting done by 96 points in a final.... i dunno if id be doing that, but im not in their position
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Jazz_84 wrote: going out for drinks straight after getting done by 96 points in a final.... i dunno if id be doing that, but im not in their position
It was drinks or reach for the razor blades....I think they made the right choice
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote: going out for drinks straight after getting done by 96 points in a final.... i dunno if id be doing that, but im not in their position
It was drinks or reach for the razor blades....I think they made the right choice
extreme situation but i guess your right :P
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Never been to Adelaide. Whats the deal with hindley st ossie?
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Only a visitor to Adelaide - but Hindley street is the worst of King Street crossed with Goldfingers and the corner of Dalgety St and Grey Street St Kilda.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

They probably should have drank before the game.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

Was apparently a case of mistaken identity. They thought Adam Mcphee was involved. He will be on Game Day (is that what its called?) on channel 7 tomorrow morning at 10:00am.
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

P.s Was funny how the idiots in Adelaide also thought Lovett was involved in an off the ball incident when it was clearly LM.