Lovett wants out?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Re: Lovett wants out?

Post by j-mac31 »

Disappointing, but if he wants to leave, f*** off.

Good player, so we should be able to get a decent deal.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Would be a big loss IMO. Should try everything to retain him. A bit of tit for tat going on here....
Essendunny
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:Would be a big loss IMO. Should try everything to retain him. A bit of tit for tat going on here....
Probably.
But the most important thing if he is going to stay is that he MUST WANT to stay.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

j-mac31 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Would be a big loss IMO. Should try everything to retain him. A bit of tit for tat going on here....
Probably.
But the most important thing if he is going to stay is that he MUST WANT to stay.
Absolutely. But it's funny - he wanted to stay last year and we tried very hard to off load him. Wonder if the club would be trying just as hard to off load this year...... :-k
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Hopefully he stays. If he can really get going next year there will be no tagger in the comp. who will stop him.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

He hasnt gone yet.... there is plenty of time for him to change his mind (maybe wishful thinking on my part). Which club would have the most to offer us?? I dont want us to get ripped off and get nothing for a genuine match winner....

trade week hasnt even started and im already depressed..... DONT GO LOVEY!!!! I will have to change fave players again!!
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

can be a great player, but as many here have said why should we even think of playing him if he doesn't want to be here? There are plenty of others struggling to break into the team who would kill to get the chance to take his spot.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Required player.

If Lovey goes it could set us back 12 months or more. Our game style has virtually been built around him. The other 'runners' we have are not in his class as yet.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Has Lovett or his manager said anything about leaving? Honestly where is there anything to back this up at all? Lovett's manager may well have sounded out other clubs, it's called due dilligence.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Sismis wrote:Has Lovett or his manager said anything about leaving? Honestly where is there anything to back this up at all? Lovett's manager may well have sounded out other clubs, it's called due dilligence.
Exactly right and lets face it he is a pretty easy target for a story like this considering what happened last year. Could easily be a load of shit
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

bomberdonnie wrote:
Sismis wrote:Has Lovett or his manager said anything about leaving? Honestly where is there anything to back this up at all? Lovett's manager may well have sounded out other clubs, it's called due dilligence.
Exactly right and lets face it he is a pretty easy target for a story like this considering what happened last year. Could easily be a load of shit
Then it would be easy for him to come out and deny it which he hasn't done
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Let me throw something out there. We have a lot of speed on our list, and while Lovett, and Winderlich are the standouts, we also have Dyson, Dempsey, Davey, Zaharaikas, Houli, and even Stanton when he has the ball. McVeigh and Welsh are not slow either. Would we consider a straight swap with StKilda for Luke Ball?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Interesting thought Robbie.

Burgoyne's knee is a worry, Ball might be the best midfielder available.
Great tough player and would fit in with our lack of defensive pressure.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

He's also 2 years younger than Lovett.
JimboC
Top Up Player

Post by JimboC »

Well I want him to stay..., but if he wants to go...

Lovett for Wojinski, Ball, or even Wells if its possible....

Dont know where these players are at contract wise though...
The Watson Factor....
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

I for one hope that the rumour is not true. I want him to stay at the club. If he wants to stay, I'd offer him 2 years.

If he wants to go though, there is no point trying to keep him around, the motivation won't be there.

I guess we'll see what happens in the next few weeks.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

robbie67 wrote:Let me throw something out there. We have a lot of speed on our list, and while Lovett, and Winderlich are the standouts, we also have Dyson, Dempsey, Davey, Zaharaikas, Houli, and even Stanton when he has the ball. McVeigh and Welsh are not slow either. Would we consider a straight swap with StKilda for Luke Ball?
I could live with that. Didn't Ball and Watson play together as boys?

Lovett I think would certainly grab some attention.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
I hope this is just a rumour and that we get news soon of Lovey signing on with the club for at least another 2 years.

Shaun Burgoyne would be nice but i read in the paper that he has knee problems and that might prevent a lot of clubs from approaching him about a move away from PA next season.
I'd rather Lovett than Burgoyne.

Lovett is older, but his knees are good.
Burgoyne just might have connections in Vic with ex Port coaches...Hardwick, Clarke, Bailey....

Which would be his choice? maybe a three way thing would work?
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Interesting that this surfaces at the same time that Lloydy is weighing up whether to go on next year or not.

If Lloyd fulls the plug - all of a sudden EFC has about $400K in their salary cap to splash about.

How many are out of contract or have not done deals?

A good player manager of a required player will wait and hope to pick up a slice of these spoils.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

hop wrote:Interesting that this surfaces at the same time that Lloydy is weighing up whether to go on next year or not.

If Lloyd fulls the plug - all of a sudden EFC has about $400K in their salary cap to splash about.

How many are out of contract or have not done deals?

A good player manager of a required player will wait and hope to pick up a slice of these spoils.
Bingo
First name: Mr
Second name: period
Last name: T