Gumby WAS put on ice; ML not going....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: Gumby WAS put on ice; ML not going....

Post by Crazyman »

Wouldn't mind getting Burgoyne if he wants out...proven goalsneak

Lovett has been rumoured to want out for a while...this might be residual gossip after last years attempt to trade him to the cats...hope he doesn't but until he signs, I guess there is no guarantees...should get at lease a second round pick & maybe a rookie elevation for him...

Gumby has been rumoured to be homesick since came here. He ain't going anywhere, though if he doesn't get decent game time whilst he is fit next year, IMO there is a good chance he may leave for greener pastures...
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

I'd be happy with Burgoyne in the middle helping Jobe out any day... If Lovey wants out, send him to South Oz. Burgoyne had an another knee op' the other day apparently. Should be right as rain come preseason...

As for Gumby. Knighta said the other day he was keen to play the last few weeks of the season... What would we get for him if he did want to go? Four-fifths of FA me thinks... We need him to stay and turn it on next year or else I hate to think about the waste factor for such a high draft pick...

:shock:
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

very positive thread! i like what im hearing

although i hope Gumby does leave after 2-3 years once he's an established superstar

Lloyd will play, i get the feeling he loves the game too much, and from what Hird has said to him about retirement is forever i think he'll be smart and not waste his chance
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Burgoune would like it at essendon.

We have a large contingent of Indigenous players and a team on the rise. At Port his brother is gone and the team is falling apart it seems. If his knee is right we should push hard to get this bloke. Very skillful player.

Maybe they would except Jetta and a pick??
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Jazz_84 wrote: although i hope Gumby does leave after 2-3 years once he's an established superstar
Why?? :shock:
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote: although i hope Gumby does leave after 2-3 years once he's an established superstar
talk of being homesick but wants to repay Essendon... 2-3 might be enough to repay
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Jazz_84 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
talk of being homesick but wants to repay Essendon... 2-3 might be enough to repay
Hmmm ... 2-3 years time both the WCE and Freo will be likely to have salary cap pressure. So will we - but it will be a bit clearer who will have stepped up and who is struggling to be a premiership player.

Hook him up with a glamourous (but melbourne centric) model ... 8) ... that''ll keep him here

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Crazyman wrote:Wouldn't mind getting Burgoyne if he wants out...proven goalsneak
Errr... more like proven gun midfielder.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.