Lovett wants out?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Re: Lovett wants out?

Post by bombercol »

robbie67 wrote:Let me throw something out there. We have a lot of speed on our list, and while Lovett, and Winderlich are the standouts, we also have Dyson, Dempsey, Davey, Zaharaikas, Houli, and even Stanton when he has the ball. McVeigh and Welsh are not slow either. Would we consider a straight swap with StKilda for Luke Ball?
I could live with that. Didn't Ball and Watson play together as boys?

Lovett I think would certainly grab some attention.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
I hope this is just a rumour and that we get news soon of Lovey signing on with the club for at least another 2 years.

Shaun Burgoyne would be nice but i read in the paper that he has knee problems and that might prevent a lot of clubs from approaching him about a move away from PA next season.
I'd rather Lovett than Burgoyne.

Lovett is older, but his knees are good.
Burgoyne just might have connections in Vic with ex Port coaches...Hardwick, Clarke, Bailey....

Which would be his choice? maybe a three way thing would work?
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Interesting that this surfaces at the same time that Lloydy is weighing up whether to go on next year or not.

If Lloyd fulls the plug - all of a sudden EFC has about $400K in their salary cap to splash about.

How many are out of contract or have not done deals?

A good player manager of a required player will wait and hope to pick up a slice of these spoils.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

hop wrote:Interesting that this surfaces at the same time that Lloydy is weighing up whether to go on next year or not.

If Lloyd fulls the plug - all of a sudden EFC has about $400K in their salary cap to splash about.

How many are out of contract or have not done deals?

A good player manager of a required player will wait and hope to pick up a slice of these spoils.
Bingo
First name: Mr
Second name: period
Last name: T
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Filthy wrote:IF this is true then it appears Mr Lovett is severly lacking in everything his cousin has.

Natrat is socially aware, proud of his heritage, doesn't date strippers, 1. drive unlicensed, doesn't get pissed frequently (doesn't drink or do the drugs), is tough and spirited onfield and occaisonally brilliant and sadly occaisonally dumb. Obviously a great Club man and a leader of the brothers.

Imagine Natrat with his cousins talent and his above qualities. :roll:

IF true....piss off Lovett....this Club has been your making and your salvation and with this you choose to shit in its face. 2. Well sunshine the Club is always bigger than the individual....especially this one.

Rule#1 ...... no f.ckwits.
1. lol, yes he does - he's been charged.

2. Someone should tell Lloyd the same thing.
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Want something very very good for Lovett.

Suggest Lovett plus 2nd round pick to Freo for Pavlich (who wants out) and third round pick to us.

Would make Sheeds happy.

Cheers - STI

PS ... wouldnt mind dating a stripper!
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

sti dreams wrote:Want something very very good for Lovett.

Suggest Lovett plus 2nd round pick to Freo for Pavlich (who wants out) and third round pick to us.

Would make Sheeds happy.

Cheers - STI

Maybe Lovett and our number 10 pick

For Pav and say there third round pick?

But why would we want a tall KPP when we have so many promising youngsters to fill these roles
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Windy_Hill wrote:
sti dreams wrote:Want something very very good for Lovett.

Would make Sheeds happy.

Cheers - STI

Maybe Lovett and our number 10 pick

For Pav and say there third round pick?

But why would we want a tall KPP when we have so many promising youngsters to fill these roles
IMO our backs and midfielders are good (though wouldn't mind another quality inandunder midfielder) - forward line is the issue. Yes many youngsters are promising ... but there is a big difference between promise and what eventually transpires.

Not confident that we will be a realistic premiership challenger with a FF and a CHF (Neagle and Hurley/Gumbelton) who will have just on 50 games each by the close of season 2011,

Cheers - STI
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

pav wants out???

says who??

he is there captain.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

If 500K can produce the sort of form (and more) that he has displayed this year then why not - he is definitely one of our true game breakers and a likely Top 5 finisher in the Chrichton
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Filthy wrote:Lovett wants $500k pa to stay!! Thats in Hirdy territory! :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But then again the source is Hutchy :roll:
Hirdy territory? Hiryd was on $1mil per year.

If Freo want him, then we are stuffed because he will just walk out and go in the PSD and we will get nothing.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

I'm with Windy. If we can afford it and if that's what he wants, give it to him and move on... However, I'd put some sort of performance incentive plan with it as well. If he acts up again, it drops back down to a fortnightly Centrelink payment instead...

:wink:
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

oh fair enough.
I thought you were going to say he was a worker for Visy, in which case he only gets paid $200k by essendon and 1.5mil by Visy :roll:
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

DC wrote:pav wants out???

says who??

he is there captain.
Ummm ... recall Walls and Caro on a 3AW chat last week identifying that he wants to come back to Melb ... but then again - this is the sort of rumuor that has been around for the past 2-3 years ... along with Judd wanting to come back (oh ... yeah - he did).

IMO this would be the only trade that wold be worth Lovett's potential (but then again framing a contract assuming delivery on that talent would require more than 16 games after Lovey being shown the trade table last year).

I would be tempted to give hime a 3 year contract - massively back loaded, with performance bonuses incorporated.

Cheers - STI
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

sti dreams wrote:
DC wrote:pav wants out???

says who??

he is there captain.
Ummm ... recall Walls and Caro on a 3AW chat last week identifying that he wants to come back to Melb ... but then again - this is the sort of rumuor that has been around for the past 2-3 years ... along with Judd wanting to come back (oh ... yeah - he did).

IMO this would be the only trade that wold be worth Lovett's potential (but then again framing a contract assuming delivery on that talent would require more than 16 games after Lovey being shown the trade table last year).

I would be tempted to give hime a 3 year contract - massively back loaded, with performance bonuses incorporated.

Cheers - STI
Come back to Melbourne?
He is orginally from Adelaide.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

We must hang on to Lovett. If it takes $500 large, then so be it. In a developing team, we cannot afford to lose players of this category.

if it is the bucks that motivate him, then show him the money.

But on that sort of dough, he needs to be categorised as a professional playing for money and his contract should be heavily performance based. He should not have one and not the other.

Like him or not is irrelevant. He is a match winner and game breaker and it would be a double whammy to lose him to any oppostion if we have a chance to hang on to him.

I am hoping that a lot of this is posturing by his manager, but I hope it is sorted out quickly.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

He is worth it. He is our most talented player and has been on pretty marginal coin for his whole career.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Sismis, lovetts up and down form and on and off field woes have meant he cant command "big coin" so to speak. This has been his first real consistent season with the exception of the the last 4- 5 rounds. Is he really worth that much???
Last edited by DC on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

He is a proven match winner.... that alone should see him get a few extra dollars. If Lloydy does go (and we have already lost Lucas) we will have a heap of spare cash floating around. I say give him what he wants and we can enjoy another 2 or 3 years of Lovey terrorising opposition sides through the middle.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

DC wrote:Sismis, lovetts up and down form and on and off field woes have meant he cant command "big coin" so to speak. This has been his first real consistent season with the exception of the the last 4- 5 rounds. Is he really worth that much???
I think he is. There is also the fact that he has been on bugger all for his whole career.

I'd like to see his salary as compared to McPhee.