Lloyd

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Lloyd

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:What has Lloyd got to be bitter about? Being played out of position?

Correct if im wrong, but didn't Lloyd credit that move by Knights as saving his career in 2007?
Lloyd didn't credit Knights with anything. He played his role with enthusiasm last year and was very effective in that role. This year is different, and you can see it. No enthusiasm, just going through the motions. That's why you hear Knights saying that Lloyd must "embrace" his new role and not just "commit" to it in recent interviews.

I suspect that Lloyd has one eye on quadruple figures and he knows he cannot achieve that by taking a back seat in the forward line plans.
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Pretty sure if you go back and check that Lloyd did say that by moving up the ground, it brought him more into the game and he loved the new lease on life.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:Pretty sure if you go back and check that Lloyd did say that by moving up the ground, it brought him more into the game and he loved the new lease on life.
So what's changed?
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Pretty sure if you go back and check that Lloyd did say that by moving up the ground, it brought him more into the game and he loved the new lease on life.
So what's changed?
That's what we are all trying to work out.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

the only thing thats changed is that Lloyds slippin and he knows it.

I think he wants some sort of conformation he wont be left in the magoos. I think he is scared of being dropped and not making it back into the team. This will be the first time he is vulnerable to being dropped since his very, very early days.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

The boys on Morning Glory (SEN) reckoned that Lloydy will make an announcement in the next day or two that he is leaving the EFC... whether that means retirement or not they didint say....

is there much truth to this or are they making it all up??
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

The longer this goes, the less confident I am they he will continue on.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

The bloke has two options, play on at Essendon or retire.

If he goes to another club, it will be for one reason and one reason only personal glory, it will be about breaking 1000 goals, and that would be pretty f****** pathetic.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ealesy wrote:The bloke has two options, play on at Essendon or retire.

If he goes to another club, it will be for one reason and one reason only personal glory, it will be about breaking 1000 goals, and that would be pretty f****** pathetic.

On current form, Lloydy would need about three seasons, playing for Geelong as their sole forward where Ablett, Bartel and Co are under threats of death if they dont pass the ball straight down his throat if he is any chance to reach 1000 goals
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I'm TELLING YA AGAIN KNIGHTS,SIGN HIM UP NOW or ELSE!WATCH OUT for any CROSS BEAMS if I reach Town.And DON'T GIVE ME ANY BULLSHIT about LEAVING it up to Him.You know it's a NO BRAINER about having him with US.i.e.HE STAYS,PLAYS at FULL FORWARD and It's BUSINESS AS USUAL,YOU BLOODY NUMBSKULL!Or should I say OUTSIDE PLANT?????????????? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

grassy1 wrote:I'm TELLING YA AGAIN KNIGHTS,SIGN HIM UP NOW or ELSE!WATCH OUT for any CROSS BEAMS if I reach Town.And DON'T GIVE ME ANY BULLSHIT about LEAVING it up to Him.You know it's a NO BRAINER about having him with US.i.e.HE STAYS,PLAYS at FULL FORWARD and It's BUSINESS AS USUAL,YOU BLOODY NUMBSKULL!Or should I say OUTSIDE PLANT?????????????? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Ball is currently in Lloydy court. Knights has said he is a required player and it is up to him to decide.....Obviously Lloydy is not happy with the conditions being placed on him. Given the fact he hasnt made a public statement yet about playing on, it aint looking good.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote:I'm TELLING YA AGAIN KNIGHTS,SIGN HIM UP NOW or ELSE!WATCH OUT for any CROSS BEAMS if I reach Town.And DON'T GIVE ME ANY BULLSHIT about LEAVING it up to Him.You know it's a NO BRAINER about having him with US.i.e.HE STAYS,PLAYS at FULL FORWARD and It's BUSINESS AS USUAL,YOU BLOODY NUMBSKULL!Or should I say OUTSIDE PLANT?????????????? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Well, they are asking him to sign but he won't sign. So I guess it aint about Knighta, it's about Lloyd and his ego.
Essendunny
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

We have no safe replacement for a strong marking forward as far as I'm concerned. Neagle has not shown enough, and Gumbleton cannot get on the park. One game of Hurley's is the only shining light we have. Until someone else can lead our club in goal kicking then he should not leave.

Lloyd, Matthew 35 Going?
Monfries, Angus 25 Small Forward
Lucas, Scott 22 Gone.
Lovett, Andrew 21 Going?
Neagle, Jay 19 Marking Forward
Winderlich, Jason 17 Midfielder
McPhee, Adam 16 Can possibly play forward
Stanton, Brent 15 Midfielder
Davey, Alwyn 14 Small Forward
Ryder, Patrick 12 Could play forward switching with HIlle

Its a rather scary goal kickers list in terms of where they come from, and where they will come from next season. All my hopes are on Hurley becoming the star we hope he will be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

have faith in Neagle = he will shine once given the keys to the forward line
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

DAMMIT Ben.I know SHEEDS may have Lost it in the end,but does that mean KNIGHTS is RIGHT in everything he does?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote:DAMMIT Ben.I know SHEEDS may have Lost it in the end,but does that mean KNIGHTS is RIGHT in everything he does?
Oh spare us the violins Grassy. Lloyd is obviously having a good ol' fukkin sook because he can't get his lollipop. He is only thinking about ME ME ME and not considering what is best for the team going forward (so to speak) and thinking how he could contribute for the future of the club.

A real champion club captain of the club would just give everything of himself to the very end. Did we see Terry Daniher crack the sads everytime Sheedy shifted him to defence? Did we see Terry Daniher sook and carry on when he was dropped to the Reserves in his last season? No, he just gave everything of himself with his usual guts and determination and did it with that laconic grin on his face.

Knights has already conceded that Lloyd would not play for Bendigo next year. If Knights continued to give into Lloyd's demands, he would be seen as weak and easily distracted from what his plans are for our club.

In my opinion, you're pointing the finger at the wrong bloke.
Essendunny
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

I think I would only want a Matthew Lloyd 100% committed to the cause and moving toward the same direction that the coach wants to take us. I personally can't see what more Matty Knights can do.

If he's unhappy then there no point in him being here, he'll only take another kid's spot who wants to be a part of it more.

Lloyd is an Essendon champion and it would be sad to see him move on, but really in reality he hasn't had a great last couple of years, he's ineligible until round 4 and maybe a spot on the couch with whatever show may be the best option for both club and player.
doogle
Regular Senior Player

Post by doogle »

Well let the young blokes do enough to get his spot in the pre season games and 3 weeks of the real season.

I hope he kicks 50 goals, even 74, cos then we'd make finals for sure.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Yeah the longer this is going on the more I'm starting to feel that Lloyd can f*** off and go to whatever club will be happy to play him at full forward.

It will make his hard line stance on player discipline and it all being about what is best for the club seem awfully hypocritical.

Lloyd the coaching is telling you he wants you to play on, that you won't be dropped to the magoos but he won't be playing you from the goalsquare because it is not in the best interests of the team going forward.

You originally said that you just wanted Knights to make you feel loved and wanted, he has said he wants you to play on. Now it appears he was also meant to let you decide on the team make up and positional play and are having a sook because he's not going to let you play fullforward and try and get to your precious 1000+ goal mark.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Let's face it. As club captain out of contract and seemingly unhappy with the terms that have been put to him, speculation is bound to be rife in all footy circles (and it is...)

Personally, I think he will retire. It just comes across to me that if he doesn't get his way, his attitude is such that it seems he doesn't have the drive to play AFL footy anymore and the longer this goes on, the more I feel that way...

That said, (even though it would be an horrid thought to see) I wouldn't blame him for going to a club like the the Doggies where he is:
1. a real chance to get another premiership
2. likely to be the key full forward
3. probably reach the 1k mark as the key full forward