Gotta sell newspapers s'pose Pt 2

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
danstar84
Club Captain

Re: Gotta sell newspapers s'pose Pt 2

Post by danstar84 »

Nothing much new there besides the meeting with Hamilton. We knew the rest already.

As for Lovett, if it is true that he is asking 500k, he needs to take his hand off it. One good year, with 4 useless games in the last four rounds doesn't earn a player that sort of cash.

Have heard that Lovett's manager is a cock, so wouldn't surprise me if he is feeding the media the info to boost his value.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

danstar84 wrote:Nothing much new there besides the meeting with Hamilton. We knew the rest already.

As for Lovett, if it is true that he is asking 500k, he needs to take his hand off it. One good year, with 4 useless games in the last four rounds doesn't earn a player that sort of cash.

Have heard that Lovett's manager is a cock, so wouldn't surprise me if he is feeding the media the info to boost his value.
Aren't they all?... They're essentially pimps in my humble opinion...
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

"Lloyd is adamant he doesnt want to play VFL matches".

Says it all. Lloydy is scared of being dropped. With the form he displayed this season one can hardly blame him. He is no different to any other player now that he is non captain. I think Lloydy trying to make sure some how he doesnt get dropped is ridiculous and also indicative of him having no confidence in his game week in and week out.

If he wants to play then play, but Lloydy mate you have to earn your spot. Yourve been a champ but you not above being dropped for stinking it up for consecutive weeks.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

:D :D :D :D

You complain when we're not in the paper but now you complain when we are. Filthy......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nah I see what you mean buddy, but controversy sells. So I guess they gotta create some where there isn't. :p
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

DC wrote:"Lloyd is adamant he doesnt want to play VFL matches".

Says it all. Lloydy is scared of being dropped. With the form he displayed this season one can hardly blame him. He is no different to any other player now that he is non captain. I think Lloydy trying to make sure some how he doesnt get dropped is ridiculous and also indicative of him having no confidence in his game week in and week out.

If he wants to play then play, but Lloydy mate you have to earn your spot. Yourve been a champ but you not above being dropped for stinking it up for consecutive weeks.
I don't think it is unreasonable for someone of his stature to say he doesn't want to languish in the reserves.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Sismis wrote:

I don't think it is unreasonable for someone of his stature to say he doesn't want to languish in the reserves.
It was good enough for Simon Madden and Terry Daniher who were better players than Lloyd (imo)....maybe Lloydy should have a chat to those two legends of the club.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

swoodley wrote:
Sismis wrote:

It was good enough for Simon Madden and Terry Daniher who were better players than Lloyd (imo)....maybe Lloydy should have a chat to those two legends of the club.
If it was a case of playing at 12 instead of 2.10 for an Essendon team at Windy Hill then I doubt Lloyd would've had such an issue with playing 2's. Things are a little different now Swoods.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Sismis, it is unreasonable.

Lloydy became a champ based on performance. Performace is what gets you games. If Lloyd is playing like crap, like he was for much of this season, then why should he be selected week in and week out???

This isnt about Lloyd, its about the future of the EFC. Something which Lloyd isnt bigger than.

Sismis, why should Lloydy be exempt from being dropped now that he wont be captain next season??? If he has, say, 4-5 shockers in a row, Knighta should keep playing him??!! No he should be dropped to find form and when he does he should be selected again.

If I was a player I wouldn't want to be picked unless I was deserving of being picked. And you cant get games based off yester-years performances either.

You gotta earn your spot, Im surprised he has a problem with that.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

boncer34 wrote:
swoodley wrote:
Sismis wrote:I don't think it is unreasonable for someone of his stature to say he doesn't want to languish in the reserves.
If it was a case of playing at 12 instead of 2.10 for an Essendon team at Windy Hill then I doubt Lloyd would've had such an issue with playing 2's. Things are a little different now Swoods.
Sounds a bit precious to me Sis....Scotty didn't like it but he was a true professional and it was good enough for him to go to Bendigo....is that a better comparison for you?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

swoodley wrote:
boncer34 wrote:If it was a case of playing at 12 instead of 2.10 for an Essendon team at Windy Hill then I doubt Lloyd would've had such an issue with playing 2's. Things are a little different now Swoods.
Sounds a bit precious to me Sis....Scotty didn't like it but he was a true professional and it was good enough for him to go to Bendigo....is that a better comparison for you?
maybe Lloyd doesn't want to travel for an hour to get pumped by 21 goals every week by lining up with the abomination that is the Bendigo Bankrupt Bombers?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!