Sheedy

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Sheedy

Post by pevfan »

...Now, as I was saying over on BT (By the way, RIP BT) I reckon Sheeds should be brought to acc.......ah stuff it, Tank away Sheeds...after all what do I know about it....Oops, am I allowed to say 'Stuff it?'... :)
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: Sheedy

Post by Rossoneri »

pevfan wrote:...Now, as I was saying over on BT (By the way, RIP BT) I reckon Sheeds should be brought to acc.......ah stuff it, Tank away Sheeds...after all what do I know about it....Oops, am I allowed to say 'Stuff it?'... :)
You might get done for coach bashing! :wink:
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Heres hoping we stick it up the Bulldogs ass, and Geelong win so they can reflect on what might have been.
As an added bonus Carlscum get the spoon.
marlo
Top Up Player

Post by marlo »

:roll: It's not much good even thinking of getting rid of Sheedy until a better replacement is found...
I don't see anyone that would be interested in a job that lasts for a couple of decades.

Essendon are usually renowned for having the coaches walk out, rather than being sacked.
Also unless a would-be-coach has a huge entourage of people who (suck) support his ideals, the gig won't last the full year. :roll: :roll:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Seriously though, the consequences of winning tonight are pretty significant. We lose the equivalent of a Top 10 draft pick in any other year. We would gain nothing.

By losing, we are still likely to avoid the spoon, (assuming percentages and CArlton do us a favour).

Akermanis would be ours if we lose tonight.

However, I no some may argue that you should never intentionally lose. I am not suggesting that either....rather highlighting the possible consequences
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

Actually I'll go one step further and say it would be UNFORGIVABLE AND IRRESPONSIBLE to WIN tonight.

As stupid as that sounds, under the current system we have apsalutely nothing to gain and everything to lose.

My guess is pick 18 or 20 has ackers name on it as long as we get the concession pick. If not it would be a BAD descision to use one of our only 2 top 20 picks on a 3-4 year player.

I understand not wanting the spoon, but now there is little chance of that and we just have to lose!

The dogs wont make it easy for us, (to lose that is) they already indicated they also have nothing to gain or lose and will be rotating thier senior group to keep them fresh (and uninjured) for next week. In fact they have more to gain by eliminating our bonus pick for thier draft prospects.

Pretty stupid system really.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

It is indeed. That said, it can't be that hard to lose, they would be almost experts at it this season. Just put Bolton in the backline and sit back and wait for the turnovers.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Here's the team I would have picked tonight

FB - Solomon Reynolds Jolley
HB - Nash Bradley Peverill
C - Rioli Lucas Johns
HF - Lee Stanton Cartledge
FF - Dempsey Heffernan Welsh

Ruck - Monfries, Lovett Mick Nolan