You HAVE to have in Big Finals...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: You HAVE to have in Big Finals...

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Yeh that lack of a big marking forward cost the Doggies a place in this years grand final and possibly last years as well. They were in control in that last quarter but there was just no one capable of taking a mark inside 50. You simply cannt win a game when your marking forward are Johnson, Hahn and Murphy.

Im very glad that our recruiting staff have focussed on talls over the past few years!!
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

If I was Rocket Eade I'd be on the blower to M Lloyd this morning...
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

carlton tried to change the game by having a superstar midfield but the traditional footy is still alive, with big forwards still the way to win the important games :D and not just 1 heap of a shit either, 2 or 3 goal kickers
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Doctor Fish wrote:If I was Rocket Eade I'd be on the blower to M Lloyd this morning...
I think Barry Hall is a more realistic chance to be at the Doggies next season than Lloydy... Hall has already left the Swans and chances are Lloyd will either retire or play out one more year with us.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:If I was Rocket Eade I'd be on the blower to M Lloyd this morning...
I think Barry Hall is a more realistic chance to be at the Doggies next season than Lloydy... Hall has already left the Swans and chances are Lloyd will either retire or play out one more year with us.
...Or two years standing in the square for the Doggies Mrs M. Reckon I know which one I'd choose If I were Lloydie...

:-k
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I know what you mean Doc... but im hoping that Lloydy remains true to the club that has given him so much and doesnt leave simply to "play a role" in another side... even if it wins him another flag.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Lloyds character is better than Halls in regards to on field stuff. But Hall is the better player now. He is still efffective...Lloyd has dropped severely. I would rather Hall if I was at the Dogs. Hall is better around the ground too.

Geelong have been the best team over the last 3 seasons and there key forwards suck. 2 grand finals and 1 flag. If they had of kicked straight against the Dawks it would have been 2 on the trot looking at a 3rd.

Dogs just got unlucky IMO. they played very well. A good key forward would help their cause but its not essential to winning. Look at Geelong. They will beat the filth tonight no problem IMO.

Also WCE used to dominate the comp too for a while with no quality key forwards either. Just a killer midfield and solid defense.
Having a quality key forward helps but as history shows it isnt essential in the modern game.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Surprised they just kept bombing it in in the hope someone would take a mark. Very similar to Adelaide last week in that neither team had a winning tall forward.

You have to kick goals to win anything. The Dogs had too few options up forward.

With Kozi and Milne unsighted, it was up to the Kraut to come through and he did.

What a f***'n waste of space Milne is.!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark