A SENSIBLE bloke from BB

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: A SENSIBLE bloke from BB

Post by Jazz_84 »

i actually read that today when BT was down and was impressed.... hard to know what to think at the moment but always comes back to positivity
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

JP, are you masquerading on other sites now??? :lol:
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Crazyman wrote:JP, are you masquerading on other sites now??? :lol:
Maybe.... =P~

I agree 100% with what that dude has said. Couldn't of said it better myself :)
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Was that by fogdog?

He is a a brilliant poster, won who gets it right 99 times out of 100. One of the few who I bother to read, AN#10, Koala, and a few others are also very very knowledgable
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

what does he mean when he says that Lovett has lost his teammate's respect?
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

maybe there's some truth to lovey thinking he's the man and getting a big head.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
nmgilbert
On the Rookie List

Post by nmgilbert »

Hmmm, the Lovett one's interesting isn't it. Reading between the lines I get the feeling that there are certain people in the playing group who just can't forgive him or wont give him the chance to win back the respect that it would seem he has won back from the coach. Maybe they've both (Knights and Lovett) just agreed that moving forward it would just be best for them to part ways. From what i've seen Knights and Lovett have an amicable relationship these days despite the checkered past.

Although its pretty hard to make assumptions like this when you're just reading newspaper articles and press releases - it's pretty easy to get it wrong
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

nmgilbert wrote:Hmmm, the Lovett one's interesting isn't it. Reading between the lines I get the feeling that there are certain people in the playing group who just can't forgive him or wont give him the chance to win back the respect that it would seem he has won back from the coach. Maybe they've both (Knights and Lovett) just agreed that moving forward it would just be best for them to part ways. From what i've seen Knights and Lovett have an amicable relationship these days despite the checkered past.
Although its pretty hard to make assumptions like this when you're just reading newspaper articles and press releases - it's pretty easy to get it wrong
Still a chance he might change his mind then..... :wink:
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Filthy wrote:5) As for Knights, he took us to our first finals in 5 years, That's with Hille only playing the first 4 games. That's with Lloyd kicking 35 goals. That's with Lucas being dropped to the VFL. That's with an Irishmen who this time last year had never played football. That's with Welsh, Prismall and McVeigh virtually playing half a season. That's with a 19 year old defender beating the likes of Fevola, Pavlich, Brown, Roughead just to name a few. That's with Ryder being our first ruckman. That's with the youngest team to ever win a game since it was recorded (against the reigning premiers of all people).
Just thought I'd bump this in light of what was announced today. Good decision for mine.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

I agree with Rossi, fogdog is a great poster, pity the ******** at BB have got to him.

He is usually great value around this time of year, appears to have a source inside the club because he has a lot of trade/draft news before it happens and is right about 97% of the time. Of course the wankers over there have hounded and hung so much shit on him for the 3% he gets wrong he decided not to bother this year.

Meanwhile these morons make up whatever bullshit rumour they feel like to try and make themselves look impressive, when in reality they know f*** all.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Fogdog used to be on Bombertalk way back when it was part of the EFC website.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Fogdog is no good, seriously. And I wouldn't say that about many posters.

Touts that he has reliable inside information but gets it wrong most of the time. He was the one who stated mid-year that he and his sources was certain that Knights was going to leave and coach Richmond. He also regularly posts 'reliable' news during trade week which proves to be completely false. Perhaps he gets it right some of the time, but its rare IMO.

I don't actually think he posted the original spiel in this thread anyway so its a moot point.
saladin
Regular Senior Player

Post by saladin »

Staggy wrote:Fogdog is no good, seriously. And I wouldn't say that about many posters.

Touts that he has reliable inside information but gets it wrong most of the time. He was the one who stated mid-year that he and his sources was certain that Knights was going to leave and coach Richmond. He also regularly posts 'reliable' news during trade week which proves to be completely false. Perhaps he gets it right some of the time, but its rare IMO.

I don't actually think he posted the original spiel in this thread anyway so its a moot point.

Wrong. he posts trade news from inside the venue on a "rolling, as it happens basis". if he tells you that we are trying to get lovett to sydney as part of the hawks/o'keefe deal, then rest assured that that is what we were trying to do. that the deal didn't make it through - due to hawthorn stuffing around sydney - is not the point.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

saladin wrote:
Staggy wrote:Fogdog is no good, seriously. And I wouldn't say that about many posters.

Wrong. he posts trade news from inside the venue on a "rolling, as it happens basis". if he tells you that we are trying to get lovett to sydney as part of the hawks/o'keefe deal, then rest assured that that is what we were trying to do. that the deal didn't make it through - due to hawthorn stuffing around sydney - is not the point.
So Knights was really about to sign with Richmond mid this year?

The guy makes out like he's close to the club but the truth is anything but.
saladin
Regular Senior Player

Post by saladin »

Staggy wrote:
saladin wrote:

So Knights was really about to sign with Richmond mid this year?

The guy makes out like he's close to the club but the truth is anything but.
a quick search reveals that he (fogdog) clearly states that it was merely a rumour, and that he himself did not believe it:

I wasn't going to post this here, but now that it has been all over the radio I thought it was worthy to be looked at and discussed.

A rumour going around is that Richmond will be announcing that Knights will be their head coach in 2010. Apparently both Richmond and Knights have agreed not to discuss this publicly until Essendon's challenge for a finals campaign is over.

Personally, I don't believe it. BUT, given it has now been reported on 3AW, SEN and C10 I am starting to think there may be some truth to it. The media outlet I work in have contacted both Richmond and Knights who have offered no comment. Richmond have said they are still going through a process and will make a comment in due course.

anyway, i don't care who believes who on this. but fogdog is much better connected than most who post outright crap.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Fair enough. I don't doubt that he's better connected than others, but I still don't think he's anywhere near as well connected as he likes to make out.
fogdog
Top Up Player

Post by fogdog »

MH_Bomber wrote:Fogdog used to be on Bombertalk way back when it was part of the EFC website.
The good old days!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Welcome back Fogdog
fogdog
Top Up Player

Post by fogdog »

I've always been around. Just read the threads rather than post. I thought I already had registered but that must have been the old BT.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Fogdog - B.T.'s 'Australian of the Year'

Welcome back to the deep end of the Bomber discussion gene pool
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.