the goose

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DC
Regular Senior Player

the goose

Post by DC »

Just read Matt Maguire is prolly leaving St Kilda. Apparently we have shown "keen interest". So are the Blues and surprise, surprise...the Dawks. He said he is favouring Hawthorn and Essendon.

Who is interested int he goose?

Before he broke his leg this guy was a good player. Maybe he just hasnt been given a chance? I dont know, but I alwwyas liked him. And with Lloyd and Lucas leaving we have room for another KPP.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: the goose

Post by Crazyman »

No thanks. We have enough young KPP's that we are developing and I don't want a has been from another club taking their place. I would only take a KPP if it was a J Brown, D Bradshaw, K Tippett or similar...
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Was a good player before injury got the better of him. How old is he now?..
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

27 i think?
yeah i reckon we can give him a 2nd chance. all year i thought he was stiff not to get back into saints line up. might release a few blokes from our backline should he play some good footy. 3rd or 4th rounder should do it?
visiting saint
Top Up Player

Post by visiting saint »

What was the source of the rumour?

Goose is still only 25. Pick 31 in the same draft as Dal Santo and Montagna.
Saints fans who watched a bit of VFL this year reckon he was solid without setting the world on fire. Has lost a bit of pace since he busted his leg. He's very popular with Sainters but there's a feeling that he'll never be the same player that he was pre busted leg. A bit like Nathan Brown. I hope we hang on to him, which wouldn't surprise me given that Max has retired. Whether at the Saints or elsewhere I hope he can make a return to regular senior footy. Huge effort to come back from a horrible injury that had significant complications.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

http://www.bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8697

No.

We have plenty of young players who will be better.
DYSON#2 wrote:might release a few blokes from our backline should he play some good footy.
:?:

What, Pears to the midfield?
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

No thanks. A good solid player before he broke his leg but we have better KPP that are younger.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

j-mac31 wrote:http://www.bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8697

No.

DYSON#2 wrote:might release a few blokes from our backline should he play some good footy.

Hurley go forward, hooker i think can go forward.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

DYSON#2 wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:http://www.bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8697

No.

Hurley go forward, hooker i think can go forward.
Are we trading Gumbleton, Neagle, Daniher and Still?

With Hooker, Pears and Fletcher, Hurley can already go forward if wanted/required. There doesn't seem to be any point in bringing in a player who isn;t as good as our kids and may never be any good again after his leg injury for the sake of "releasing" a player or 2 from the backline.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

j-mac31 wrote:[Are we trading Gumbleton, Neagle, Daniher and Still?

With Hooker, Pears and Fletcher, Hurley can already go forward if wanted/required. There doesn't seem to be any point in bringing in a player who isn;t as good as our kids and may never be any good again after his leg injury for the sake of "releasing" a player or 2 from the backline.

Yep totally agree J-Mac.. we dont need to be recycling injury prone KPP, we have enough younger guys (and Fletch and even Ryder) to get the job done. Bring on the midfielders and small forwards!!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:[Are we trading Gumbleton, Neagle, Daniher and Still?

Yep totally agree J-Mac.. we dont need to be recycling injury prone KPP, we have enough younger guys (and Fletch and even Ryder) to get the job done. Bring on the midfielders and small forwards!!
Indeed and Ryder's an interesting one.

I'm expecting next year he will play forward and back-up ruck (although perhaps number 1 early in the year, depending on Hille's fitness), but he could certainly play as a forward or a back if TB comes on or Laycock pulls the finger out.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Ryder could play as a midfielder/wing. He is wasted as a KPP IMO