Report on SEN

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Re: Report on SEN

Post by billyduckworth »

bombercol wrote:Yeah it was a stupid thing to do. I've been pissed and never hit anyone. The missing link is why he hit him. Was the cabbie being offensive or provocative in his asking for his fare? We will never know. Sometimes these incidents can be very one sided if you know what I mean.

The kid will probably cop a fine and quite frankly that all he deserves.
I think this sums it up pretty well, bombercol. Most of us (me included) have been pissed at some point or another. I wasn't exactly sober last night after the GF. But I have never assaulted anyone. It's the violence side of it, not the alcohol, that really disappoints me. It seems to be getting more and more common in our society for pissed 19 year old males to become violent. Not sure why. Maybe the soft slap on the wirst that they get as a punishment from the courts doesn't help, I don't know.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Does anyone know whether the taxi driver touched Hurley first??
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

nope, been very tight lipped about the whole incident thus far... feels likes it's already been done and dusted and left in the past yet nothing has happened yet
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

You know what happens though, taxi drivers and their money especially at 5am.

Hurls would have gone into Hungry Jacks, telling the cabbie to wait for him, the cabbie got stressed went in after Hurley, hassled him for the money, Hurley said look mate chill out i'll be two seconds, cabbie says no no no no no money now money now keeps hassling, hurley goes i cant deal with this, i'm drunk, i just want food and to go home, WHACK. Police, media, etc etc.
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

I was told he refused to pay the fare cos it was too large, simply walked out the cab and was harassed by the driver asking for the fare. He kicked him in the groin, but threw no punch, rather a drunken type of leave me alone push to the face, then went into Hungry Jacks and basically got arrested waiting for/eating food.. :S I think if he feels he did something very wrong he would have gotten out of there, rather then wait around.
P.S he never attended the Footy Show GF after party as was reported.

comes from a very good source.