#15 Courtney Dempsey Season Review

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

#15 Courtney Dempsey Season Review

Post by paddyl90 »

Oops! Skipped Courtney!

Think this was the year he was finally able to show us that he can play! Year after year of hamstring injuries, although I think he had a hamstring injury early in the year he managed to play a fair amount of games. I think he will become a valuable member of our developing backline.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: #15 Courtney Dempsey Season Review

Post by BenDoolan »

Courtenay Dempsey (20 games, 7 goals) 8/10. Finally broken through with an uninterrupted run in the senior side. Seemed to shake off the injury curse until very recently. Looks a class act in defence where he is able to spoil, mop up and then drive it out with pace and precision. A vital part of the team.

Expected him to poll a lot better than he did in the Crichton Medal.
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Knew he was good, I just wonder how good he could be after a breakout season, injury free at last!!! Still think he could be a champion winger, a ready made replacement for Lovett
Last edited by Windy_Hill on Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimboC
Top Up Player

Post by JimboC »

I agree Windy..,

I want to see him as a winger, and place Bachar Houli in Dempsey's current position...,
The Watson Factor....
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

8/10 Courtney was very good this year. Great evasive skills, great closing speed and composed with the ball in his hands. Looking forward to another full season (fingers crossed).
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Massive season. I'd agree with the 8/10 concensus.

Must continue to play HBF for mine. Players with the defensive side and the run and carry are extremely hard to find.