McPhee

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Re: McPhee

Post by bomberdonnie »

Agreed... Might even fly over for this game
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Yeah well said filth...McPhee is a rat.

But it could be a blessing in disguise, he mentioned something about "should" he lack some form in the final year of his contract he wouldnt feel safe. Must be doubting whether he can perform consistently.

Anyway, he can enjoy not playing finals again.

NLM plays a very similar role anyway. Just quicker and heavier hands :twisted:

His indecisiveness wont be missed.

Good riddance you vulture.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

There you go Tyson Slattery, David Myers, Darcy Daniher bust your arse this pre-season and their is now a role and a spot available for you in the Seniors.

At least I hope that, or something similar, was the first thing Knighter said to the playing group when McPhee finally made/informed us of his decision.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I really like Paul Hamilton. Professional and says what he thinks. Just read the AFL article regarding this issue. It's comical that McPhee thinks he'll be better off at Freo than us. :lol:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ESSENDON has delivered a parting shot at Fremantle-bound utility Adam McPhee, declaring it is not interested in players not devoted to the Bomber cause. The Bombers yesterday confirmed McPhee had knocked back a two-year deal, with the Dockers set to swoop on him in the December 15 pre-season draft.

Essendon football manager Paul Hamilton told the club's website yesterday McPhee was not interested at staying at Windy Hill.

"We offered him a very good two-year deal that we believe was more than fair," Hamilton said.

"We have an obligation to deliver our fans a period of sustained success and we were not prepared to compromise our strategy."

"We only want players here that want to play for this club and Adam has decided he doesn't want to be part of this emerging playing group"
You see, this is the McPhee logic........he is concerned that he may not be able to produce good form in his 2nd year of a contract, which would prove to be difficult to win another contract at the age of 29. So what he wants is to get a 3 year deal - so that when his form turns to shit in the 2nd year (as he himself predicts), he will still be on the list for another year regardless. So in essence, he wants to be a f***'n list clogger.
Essendunny
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Agree with the sentiments expressed here.

Its interesting to hear other players who want to move clubs say they want their exisiting team compensated thats why they prefer to do a deal in trade week. But not "Mercenary Mc Phee" , (AKA Mr.Indecision) who choose to slink around in the background. Could there have being something sinister going between the Dickers & Mr.Indecision for some time? Love to know all the facts.

I'm not being critical of his playing ability here , although his brain farts are well documented, he was a good to average player. What i'm critical of is his lack of loyalty & ethics in this situation.

Its amazing that he was in the leadership group this year. Thank god he is gone, we don't want this current young group tainted with this type of attitude.

Can't wait for Round 2.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Already practicing my "boooos".
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

j-mac31 wrote:Already practicing my "boooos".
:lol: :lol:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Can you just imagine the hi-jinx on Freo's last line of defence when you have Kepler the Uncertain and Adam Withoutaclue contemplating their next move??? #-o #-o
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Windy_Hill wrote:Can you just imagine the hi-jinx on Freo's last line of defence when you have Kepler the Uncertain and Adam Withoutaclue contemplating their next move??? #-o #-o
:lol:
Can't wait to see that.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I actually don't begrudge him leaving. He knows he's only got 3 good years left in him, and he went somewhere else to get that contract. its annoying we didn't get anything for him - but I don't think that's such a big deal. He is shit. He has been shit for 8 out of the 9 years he has played. He costs us 3 goals a game, almost every game with his turnovers, his poor decision making and his dropped marks.

And even if you want to argue that he's good (you'd be wrong), but tell me where is supposed to play?

Tall Back? Nope, we've got Pears, Hooker and Hurley
Rebounding Back? Nope, we've got Fletcher and Dempsey
Tall Forward? Nope, we've got Gumbleton, Neagle, Laycock/Ryder/Hille, and Still.
Lead up Forward? Nope, we've got Monfries, Reimers, and Williams.

Don't care we didn't get anything for him. He was useless and we will be a better team without him.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

By the way, on the Freo forum the nickname that they know McPhee by is 'McFlinchy' - which is totally funny and way better than anything we have come up with over the past 7 years.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

Staggy wrote:I actually don't begrudge him leaving. He knows he's only got 3 good years left in him, and he went somewhere else to get that contract. its annoying we didn't get anything for him - but I don't think that's such a big deal. He is shit. He has been shit for 8 out of the 9 years he has played. He costs us 3 goals a game, almost every game with his turnovers, his poor decision making and his dropped marks.

And even if you want to argue that he's good (you'd be wrong), but tell me where is supposed to play?

Tall Back? Nope, we've got Pears, Hooker and Hurley
Rebounding Back? Nope, we've got Fletcher and Dempsey
Tall Forward? Nope, we've got Gumbleton, Neagle, Laycock/Ryder/Hille, and Still.
Lead up Forward? Nope, we've got Monfries, Reimers, and Williams.

Don't care we didn't get anything for him. He was useless and we will be a better team without him.
Completely agree.

I'm bemused by a lot of the comments on here. There has been a lot of love for McPhee on this board over the last few years, now well and truly a thing of the past.

This was probably McPhee's last chance to secure a decent contract. We were only offering two years, he got offered three years elsewhere. Can you honestly blame him for taking the three-year option? The player often does what's in his best interest.

Good luck to him. But if he thinks he's in for an enjoyable tenure back at Fremantle I think he's in for a surprise. As a footy club I don't think it's respected by other teams and their supporters. Don't see anything happening in the short-term which will change that perception. :|
Bombers till' I die
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Darcy Daniher is a younger version of McPhee without the brain farts.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Staggy wrote:By the way, on the Freo forum the nickname that they know McPhee by is 'McFlinchy' - which is totally funny and way better than anything we have come up with over the past 7 years.

=D> :lol: =D> :lol: =D> :lol: =D> :lol:

GOLD!!
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I agree with all sentiments expressed thus far. If he was fair dinkum he would have taken the 2 year deal.

He comes across as a preening air head and his football has been extremely inconsistent. The only times I liked his play was when he wasnt try to think about his next move.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Wally
Top Up Player

Post by Wally »

Bombers bewildered by McPhee departure

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
I was willing to play devils advocate on McPhee and say fair enough in regards to chasing a 3 year deal and looking after his career, but given the manner he has gone about it, good riddance to the twat .....
"Our current players - here before you - are loyal," he said.

"Anyone that isn't, is out."
That's all I need to hear .....
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Says a lot when your former team-mates don't believe the shit you are dribbling about why you are leaving.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Things with more loyalty than Adam McPhee:

paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D> =D>