Michael Robinson

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Michael Robinson

Post by ealesy »

For a self reported Essendon fan and AFL journalist does this guy know anything about either.

Was reading an article of his in the Sports section of the scum this morning about players at Essendon facing the axe.

Now the names he mentioned were the obvious Rioli retired, Solly traded, Rama and then Henneman, Bolton and Reynolds. Meaning we would need to arse one other player to use our 6 picks in the draft and our number 2 pick in the PSD.

Guess the names he threw up for that final delisting.

Cartledge- yeah fair enough, very real possibility

but the too others he threw up were

Austin Lucy and Sam Lonergan

Hey f***-knuckle, I'm surprised that as a 'reputable' AFL journalist that you aren't aware that all players have to remain on an AFL list for at least 2 years after being drafted.

2006 was the first year on the list for both Lucy and Lonergan as they were drafted in the 2005 draft. That means they are assured another year on the list in 2007.

But apart from that let's look at some other problems with his belief that these two players were on the chopping block.

Where are Essendon's major deficits? Hhhmmm that's right the midfield and key position backman. What are Lonergan and Lucy.....hmmm that's right one's a midfielder and the other is a prospective key position backman.

Both of who have shown a bit in the VFL this year, their first on an AFL list.

So Mark I really suggest that the club won't go breaking AFL rules by delisting one of these guys. Next time think a bit harder, so at least the shit you spout may be somewhat believable, and you might not embrass yourself by showing off your lack of knowledge of both the AFL rules and the Essendon Football Club
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Pretty sure his name is Mark Robinson, not Michael.

I've always liked his articles to be honest but it sounds like he has ****ed up here.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Staggy wrote:Pretty sure his name is Mark Robinson, not Michael.

I've always liked his articles to be honest but it sounds like he has ****ed up here.
hmmm my mistake.

either it was an article written by Michael Robinson and therefore, not the guy I thought.

Or it was written by Mark Robinson.

Eithyer way pretty big f****** oversight by an AFL journalist.
Filthy

Re: Michael Robinson

Post by Filthy »

ealesy wrote:For a self reported Essendon fan and AFL journalist does this guy know anything about either.

Was reading an article of his in the Sports section of the scum this morning about players at Essendon facing the axe.

Now the names he mentioned were the obvious Rioli retired, Solly traded, Rama and then Henneman, Bolton and Reynolds. Meaning we would need to arse one other player to use our 6 picks in the draft and our number 2 pick in the PSD.

Guess the names he threw up for that final delisting.

Cartledge- yeah fair enough, very real possibility

but the too others he threw up were

Austin Lucy and Sam Lonergan

Hey f***-knuckle, I'm surprised that as a 'reputable' AFL journalist that you aren't aware that all players have to remain on an AFL list for at least 2 years after being drafted.

2006 was the first year on the list for both Lucy and Lonergan as they were drafted in the 2005 draft. That means they are assured another year on the list in 2007.

But apart from that let's look at some other problems with his belief that these two players were on the chopping block.

Where are Essendon's major deficits? Hhhmmm that's right the midfield and key position backman. What are Lonergan and Lucy.....hmmm that's right one's a midfielder and the other is a prospective key position backman.

Both of who have shown a bit in the VFL this year, their first on an AFL list.

So Mark I really suggest that the club won't go breaking AFL rules by delisting one of these guys. Next time think a bit harder, so at least the shit you spout may be somewhat believable, and you might not embrass yourself by showing off your lack of knowledge of both the AFL rules and the Essendon Football Club
Great post. :wink:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

So, back to the burning issue...who is the last player to get the chop?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

ealesy wrote: Eithyer way pretty big f****** oversight by an AFL journalist.
Pretty big oversight as well by getting his name wrong.
chickster
On the Rookie List

Post by chickster »

Have long thought his suggestion that he is an Essendon fan (not supporter) is utter crap. Of all journos going around, he sinks the boot in far more often than others, and very often with incorrect or (maybe a one-eyed view ) absurd reasoning.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Damn right Chickster. Everything that comes out of the Robbo's mouth is biased towards Essendon's opponents. I realise we've had a porker of a year, but this guy just never lets up with the sniping. If he is an Essendon 'supporter', he's over-compensating something shocking.

Besides this, every time he gets on SEN he sounds completely pissed! Not that there's anything wrong with that... :roll:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

chickster wrote:Have long thought his suggestion that he is an Essendon fan (not supporter) is utter crap. Of all journos going around, he sinks the boot in far more often than others, and very often with incorrect or (maybe a one-eyed view ) absurd reasoning.
Yes, Robert Walls was once an "Essendon supporter" as well.....makes you wonder!
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

I don't mind Robbo when he speaks on SEN but sometimes i think he's not so confident of what he's saying - but just has to give an opinion as an AFL Journo.

Obviously he whipped this one up without much research and probably had to meet a deadline after being out on the golf course all day.

He's a bomber man at heart so he's alright with me.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

The tool congratulated himself in an article today that he had got the fact that Henneman and Reynolds were delisted right.

Really a deaf, mute, blind eskimo could have told you that those two were going to get the boot from EFC this year!!
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Rossoneri wrote:
ealesy wrote: Either way pretty big f****** oversight by an AFL journalist.
Pretty big oversight as well by getting his name wrong.
ah yes...but then again I'm not paid to know his name.

He is paid to know the workings of the AFL.
hird22
Regular Senior Player

Post by hird22 »

backflip time Ealesy?
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

Robinson is nothing but arrogant. His "I know everything" attitude really shines through on Fox Sports's Main Game. He berates his fellow HUN journos constantly. Real turd.
Last edited by The Man from Bomberland on Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bombers till' I die
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BenDoolan wrote:
chickster wrote:Have long thought his suggestion that he is an Essendon fan (not supporter) is utter crap. Of all journos going around, he sinks the boot in far more often than others, and very often with incorrect or (maybe a one-eyed view ) absurd reasoning.
Yes, Robert Walls was once an "Essendon supporter" as well.....makes you wonder!
Bobby a Dons man? Bullshit.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

it's sure, even Wallsy himself admits that he was raised an Essendon supporter.

might explain his attitude towards the team now, it appears the man has some deep seated issues towards Essendon that he has not been able to work through yet!!!

Deep down he knows we are the best, but he just can't bring himself to admit to himself and the world.....yet!!
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

hird22 wrote:backflip time Ealesy?
no backflip.

but unlike Herald Sun journalists, I am happy to admit I got it wrong.

Seems to be that there should be a rule in place to guranette a drafted player on at least two years on the list.

Seems awfully unfair to expect a raw, unexprienced kid, who doesn't yet have the body to play the role he was drafted for to only be given one year on the list.

Already signs that the ALFPA are going to kick up a shit about this issue as well because it is F****** ridicoulous!!