Hurley to face court tomorrow

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Old mate
Top Up Player

Re: Hurley to face court tomorrow

Post by Old mate »

Haha, I'm not sure.
Being Carlton, I doubt it. :wink:[/quote]

http://www.blueseum.org/tiki-index.php? ... itzpatrick

Evidently, they did...
5Alive
Top Up Player

Post by 5Alive »

Who cares its Carlton !!!
I bleed black with a red sash
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Looks like common sense has prevailed.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/essend ... S_email_nl
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Old mate wrote:Widy Hill...nice analogy.

Ossie, fair point.

Didn't they have a Rhodes Scholar in the 70s?
Mike Fitzpatrick is a Rhodes Scholar but he is excused as he is a Subiaco boy
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Old mate wrote:
Ossie wrote:
Old mate wrote:I love it how people on Bombertalk jump all over Carlton, saying their Club is farked, the culture is bad, there are no 'leaders' etc...there are at least 3 posts on the board relating to this topic. How ironic then, that this happens to an EFC player and the same people are out defending him, neglecting to mention that maybe EFC also has a darker culure within...

...Pot calling the kettle black methinks...
Haha, hardly. The difference is this kind of thing is NOT synomymous with the EFC. Carlton players have been playing up for years - Lovett and Hurley are the only players recently who have been in any trouble and we've already got rid of one.
What are some other instances of Carlton players playing up...(seriously, that is not a rhetorical question; I'd like to know)...?
Cant recall to many Essendon Presidents coming out and admitting paying hush money to chicks in the 80's and 90's.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Wasn't John Nicholls a Rhodes Scholar??........ :wink:
Old mate
Top Up Player

Post by Old mate »

Cant recall to many Essendon Presidents coming out and admitting paying hush money to chicks in the 80's and 90's.[/quote]

....your argument seems predicated on the fact that EFC presidents didn't. Don't be so sure. There is much that never makes the press..
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Sismis wrote:Looks like common sense has prevailed.

Don't know if it's common sense or not Sis'. He'd be very lucky if this happens. Wonder what the victim might have to say about it...

:-k
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Doctor Fish wrote:

Don't know if it's common sense or not Sis'. He'd be very lucky if this happens. Wonder what the victim might have to say about it...

I assume that is what they are negotiating now. I think it would be a good result, he admits he cocked up and we move on.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

pevfan wrote:Wasn't John Nicholls a Rhodes Scholar??........ :wink:
Yeah, at his council job, he had a lot of time to study the "roads".
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Doctor Fish wrote:

Given the current environment, the club and Hurley would be foolish if an apology (regardless of who initiated the trouble) and fair compensation was not on offer. I suspect that an offer of Hurley & EFC players attending an Indian cultural event/or inviting the driver's family to an EFC game may also assist to provide closure.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

sti dreams wrote:Given the current environment, the club and Hurley would be foolish if an apology (regardless of who initiated the trouble) and fair compensation was not on offer.
"Fair compensation" being a bribe to the taxi driver to get him to agree to the diversion program?

This is a criminal matter, compensation not being an issue.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Old mate wrote:....your argument seems predicated on the fact that EFC presidents didn't. Don't be so sure. There is much that never makes the press..
You wanted reasoning why they have a culture. You cant then try and weasel out of being wrong by saying "Oh its possible." Its also possible that Federer pays every player in the world to lose to him.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

j-mac31 wrote:
sti dreams wrote:Given the current environment, the club and Hurley would be foolish if an apology (regardless of who initiated the trouble) and fair compensation was not on offer.
"Fair compensation" being a bribe to the taxi driver to get him to agree to the diversion program?

J-Mac

You are correct - it is a criminal matter, but according to the media the driver missed a few days work due to stress. It is also possible that there were medical costs. All I meant to suggest was that an offer to compensate/reimburse for "lost earnings" and medical costs should be made through the court should the matter go to diversion.

I can see though that this could be construed as a bribe. Please remind me not to pontificate on matters outside my volcabulary and understanding in future.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

sti dreams wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:

J-Mac

You are correct - it is a criminal matter, but according to the media the driver missed a few days work due to stress. It is also possible that there were medical costs. All I meant to suggest was that an offer to compensate/reimburse for "lost earnings" and medical costs should be made through the court should the matter go to diversion.

I can see though that this could be construed as a bribe. Please remind me not to pontificate on matters outside my volcabulary and understanding in future.

Cheers - STI
I would assume he would get workcover payments / sick leave from his employer.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Mmmm,I didn't think TAXI Drivers were on that good a wicket in that regard Ben?Or maybe not PERTH anyway.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote:Mmmm,I didn't think TAXI Drivers were on that good a wicket in that regard Ben?Or maybe not PERTH anyway.
If you're employed, you are entitled to workcover payments. Why would they be any different?
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Maybe it's just the PERTH Taxi Drivers.Alawys Unhappy about somfin' .