Random Bomber Spotting

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Random Bomber Spotting

Post by ealesy »

Went to the Share The Spirit Festival presented by Songlines Aboriginal Music in Treasurey Gardens today. The club were one of the sponsors and had a tent selling memberships, merchandise etc. When we went past when we got there it was just a couple of club volunteers/employees manning the stall.

When we were leaving our almost 2 year old ran off and made a bee line to the tent which also now had some added helpers in the likes of pretty much every Indigenous player we have on our list, Alwyn, Paddy, Dempsey, Atkinson, Leroy, pretty sure NLM and Long would of been there as well, but I don't specifically remember seeing them. The 2 year old seemed quite intent on having a chat to Alwyn Davey but by this stage she was completely feral because it was about 5:15pm and she was yet to have a nap at all, and this would be about the time she would be having her 2nd nap.

So I didn't get a chance to chat to any of the boys but they all looked healthy and good nick. Sorry I don't have anymore to report but thought it was god to see the guys out supporting this community event.

My wife absolutely hates Essendon, she as Richmond supporter, but cares far more about Essendon getting beaten than Richmond winning. She has stated that she will have to disown any child of hers that goes for Essendon, will this is the 2nd time our daughter has independently sought out something Essendon related. A few weeks ago we were in a shopping centre and she ran in to a picture and frame store and ran up to a framed picture of Dustin Fletcher.
F111
Essendon Legend

Re: Random Bomber Spotting

Post by F111 »

You have a pre nup agreement don't you? Don't want a Richmond supporter taking you for most everything! :wink:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Had the same problem when my son suggested he may follow Collingwood!!!!

All I had to do was show him the following pictures and alls well that ends well!!!

and this

and to be sure the message was getting through, the "piece de resistance"

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Everyone on my Dad's side of the family are Carlton supporters.. dodged a massive bullet there, lucky the old man had the brains to realise they were scum from an early age.

Mum is a Pies supporter... I have an older brother, and he was an automatic selection for an Essendon supporter. So, when I came along, Mum thought it would be fair if I became a Pies fan. Anyways, there's a photo of me at home, when I was a few months old, with a tiny bloody Collingwood jumper on. The story goes, Dad got home from work, and saw me with the jumper on. He walked straight up to me, took the jumper off me, and proceeded to throw it straight in the bin. When my Mum protested, the old man replied with "No son of mine will ever support those b*astards!".

THANK f*** FOR THAT!
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I was swimming laps at Aquarena (Doncaster) on a lazy Saturday afternoon a few weeks back and Zaharakis was swimming in the lane next to mine. He was doing 200s - going full pelt and then resting for 5 minutes and going again.

I resisted the urge to talk to him about Anzac Day - he was half naked and it seemed innappropriate.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

I sat one table away from the great James Hird at a restaurant on Mon night.

He looks in great nick btw.
Bleeding for the red and black
5Alive
Top Up Player

Post by 5Alive »

oh pear you lucky thing, was Sir Jim with anyone of note by the way?
Like maybe Knights with a contract..... =P~
I bleed black with a red sash
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Great jokes Filthy.
:D :D
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

My daughter's best friend lives in Eltham - we went to the parents for a BBQ last Friday evening. The father invited me outside and encouraged me to take a peek over the side fence - was looking straight in Zaharakis' back yard!
He was stretching - about to go for a run with his dog - he looked up and gave me a 'G'day' - The bloke I was with pissed himself laughing and then informed Zaha that I was a "keen bomber - but not a stalker"!

He looks in fantastic nick.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Filth,Ms 5 and I(OK myself mainly :mrgreen: ) were just wondering if we can borrow some of those Jokes to TORMENT our Humourless Friend KR on Footygoss with? :lol:

Whadda ya reckon Ms 5? :wink:
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

grassy1 wrote:Filth,Ms 5 and I(OK myself mainly :mrgreen: ) were just wondering if we can borrow some of those Jokes to TORMENT our Humourless Friend KR on Footygoss with? :lol:

Whadda ya reckon Ms 5? :wink:
I sent them to several people, including my Dad, because he works with Shane O'Bree's fiance.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Only one Collingwood joke

.... You know it was a Collingwood supporter that invented the toothbrush ... if anyone else had ... it would have been called the teethbrush.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)